Lt. Commander
So... I'm in the process of a radical reworking of the controls, and I got stuck. Is it possible to steer with the mouse without holding two buttons? A toggle would be helpful - it's more convenient, and than I could use right-click for something more useful than deselect - like firing weapons.

So, anyone knows about a command to bind for that, or something similar?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2012, 03:20 AM
C'mon, everyone wastes -two- fingers for a simple function like turning what would require zero?

Is there a command list at least somewhere? Search directed me to this thread, but the file is gone. Anyone has it somewhere else?

EDIT: Ahh, g-docs link was some pages further. I drop it here in case someone became curious. Link.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2012, 05:41 AM
I have mouse-look-toogle on my thumb-button.
AFAIK it's available in the keyboard-layout of the control menue
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2012, 06:57 AM
Thanks. Cool. Half way there. Guess I didn't look hard enough. Now I only need to find what's the defaul 'right-click' is called and make it a toggle somehow. And possibly bind it to the same button as 'mouselook'.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2012, 07:11 AM
you should be able to fully control your ship's movements with WASD (+E & R) under the default settings. So yes, you should also be able to reassign your mouse buttons to whatever you please.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2012, 08:03 AM
I do something like this myself, whereby i press right-click once to toggle camera rotation and camera turn-to-face at the same time. I can then steer the ship by rotating my view without having to hold down any buttons.
Left button is bound to camera rotation and to turn off camera turn-to-face. This allows you to still use Left Click for the InteractCursor bind.

Use the following with the /bind chat command. Not sure if you require the quotations, but that's what has been dumped in my bind save file.

Leftclick "InteractCursor"
Rightclick "+camRotate $$ +camTurnToFace"
Lbutton "+camRotate $$ -camTurnToFace"
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2012, 08:22 AM
/bind Rbutton "+camTurnToFace"
to turn with just holding down right button..
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilys01 View Post
Leftclick "InteractCursor"
Rightclick "+camRotate $$ +camTurnToFace"
Lbutton "+camRotate $$ -camTurnToFace"
That's exactly what I wanted! Thanks Mr!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-20-2012, 09:50 AM
A warning when you try fiddling around with the primary mouse buttons in the ground part.
You may experinece this bug: Mine Enemy - a solution to the rally point/pressure plate showstopper