Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
04-05-2012, 11:11 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by prom3theus View Post
I am curious about one thing: Why do you guys use EpW? With the right spec, Bortasqu should have 125 power to weapons easy. Am I missing something?
I run my Bortas (the freebie) as a Heal boat with Single Cannons, torpedos and Turrets.
I too am a tac toon.

EPTW1 / EPTS2/ ET3 / A2SIF3
EPTS1 / RSP1/ EXTS2
EPTW1
THY1 / CRF1
PH1/ HE2 OR TSS1/HE2
Aegis Deflector
KHG Engine
KHG Shields

(1) PL, (1) BC (2) Nuets
(1) SFAC
(4) Ruptie cons
I can not remember what my DOffs are at the moment, but they probalbly need changing.

I use a 75/75/25/25 power settings and use the EPTW cycle with EPTS to keep both shields and weapons power maxed at all times, even while firing heavily. This allows me to have higher power stats in engines and Auxillary as well, once all skill based and item based buffs are factored in.
In a pinch (and if I had any Omega stuff I may swap it out for this for the added drain) I will go the same set-up but with LT:tac BO1/BO2 with 6 Polaron beam arrays and still see no drop in weapon power as I cycle the BO's. I understand that Faw would be more desired but I just love that crit rate and damage from the BO's.
My first job as the healer is to heal while staying alive to loiter in combat and lastly just be able to apply DPS pressure.

I plan to eventually buy the BortasQu and replicate this build.
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-05-2012, 12:37 PM
[quote=Roach;4142571]
Quote:
I run my Bortas (the freebie) as a Heal boat with Single Cannons, torpedos and Turrets.
I too am a tac toon.

I plan to eventually buy the BortasQu and replicate this build.
I got it now. You want the shield maxed out at all times and also weapons maxed out. Which you can't have if you go with max power to weapons. I would suggest to get the leech console, with fully speced in flow, you get I think about +15 to all power levels. 2 more flow consoles put you around 25 I think (which 2 consoles for sci are available in both bortas and bortasqu command - whic btw I think is best from all 3; command grants you +10 weapons and +10 shields). Lamid did more research with this leech drain, hopefully he is reading this and can provide more explanations or link to his post. Pretty much you can use 2 attack power settings, one for start at 125 weapons, than in 3-5 secs after the leech boosts your power levels switch to the other attack that will factor the gain from the leech, like if you gain 15 power from leech, than from 125 initial setting to weapons (available in initial power setting) drop to 110 in the second power setting, so the extra 15 can be thrown in aux or shield and will not be wasted.

I always said I will try a turret boat, that should work even better with crf and tet glider. Thing is that with a turret boat, I have to use apo, since cannons/turrets loose dps like crazy over 2 km.

[Edit] - Nevermind leech, lol, just saw the PL you have in your post. Didnt delete it in case somebody finds it useful.
Lt. Commander
# 43 Bortus PVE/PVP Build
05-30-2012, 04:40 PM
ive been trying to work on a Pvp build for the Bortus. Ive got a nice PVE build but doesnt work for Pvp at all
any idea's
Lt. Commander
# 44
05-31-2012, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prom3theus View Post

I got it now. You want the shield maxed out at all times and also weapons maxed out. Which you can't have if you go with max power to weapons. I would suggest to get the leech console, with fully speced in flow, you get I think about +15 to all power levels. 2 more flow consoles put you around 25 I think (which 2 consoles for sci are available in both bortas and bortasqu command - whic btw I think is best from all 3; command grants you +10 weapons and +10 shields). Lamid did more research with this leech drain, hopefully he is reading this and can provide more explanations or link to his post. Pretty much you can use 2 attack power settings, one for start at 125 weapons, than in 3-5 secs after the leech boosts your power levels switch to the other attack that will factor the gain from the leech, like if you gain 15 power from leech, than from 125 initial setting to weapons (available in initial power setting) drop to 110 in the second power setting, so the extra 15 can be thrown in aux or shield and will not be wasted.

I always said I will try a turret boat, that should work even better with crf and tet glider. Thing is that with a turret boat, I have to use apo, since cannons/turrets loose dps like crazy over 2 km.

[Edit] - Nevermind leech, lol, just saw the PL you have in your post. Didnt delete it in case somebody finds it useful.
Actually, thanks to Husanaks advice, I have moved from a stacking of the EPTs powers and freed up more room in my build.

COM: EPTS1 A2EB1 (RSP2 or EXTS2) A2SIF3
LTC: TT1 APB1 BFAW3
LT: BFAW1 APD1
LT: HE1 TSS2
ENS: TB1

COM: EPTS1 A2EB1 (RSP2 or EXTS2) A2SIF3
LTC: TT1 BO2 APB2
LT: BO1 APD1

COM: EPTS1 A2EB1 DEM2 A2SIF3 (or DEM3)
LTC: TT1 CSV1 CSV2
LT: TT1 APB1

(8) beam arrays or (2) DHCs (1) Quad cannon (1) DC + (4) turrets

Borg Deflector
Borg Engines (or KHG engines)
KHG shields

(2) Nuets (1) PL (1) Borg Console
(1) SFA (1) DaC
(4) appropiate energy consoles

(2) Technicians
(2) Shield Distribution Officers
(1) Warp Core Engineer

power: 75/75/25/25

It tanks fairly well, offers support damage output (though it is no DPS king in a 1v1) and can heal a small bit.
Lt. Commander
# 45
05-31-2012, 08:19 AM
And I am thinking about experimenting with this set-up if I can overcome the Aux power demands for it

Com: EPTS1 A2EB1 RSP2 A2SIF3
LTC: TB1 FBP1 TBR2 (PSW1)
LT: BO1 (BFAW1) APD1
ENS: BO1 (BFAW1)

The only downside I see is that A2EB1 will drain your Aux power to zero for a time making the timing of your Sci powers important. I may use Auxbatts to compensate.
Lt. Commander
# 46
05-31-2012, 02:37 PM
I've been toying with an all cannon command cruiser and actually using the 3 pieces Bortas and Omega set. In puggle land its amazing. Oh dual heavies for cannons. A lot of rapid fire cannon and torpedo spread for spam. I may get around to swapping high yield for spread but its not something I'm sure about pursuing.

Cheers and happy flying!!!
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-01-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thissler
I've been toying with an all cannon command cruiser and actually using the 3 pieces Bortas and Omega set. In puggle land its amazing. Oh dual heavies for cannons. A lot of rapid fire cannon and torpedo spread for spam. I may get around to swapping high yield for spread but its not something I'm sure about pursuing.

Cheers and happy flying!!!
It can be devastating and fun but, oh boy, is it a ***** to keep that nose on target in such a slow turning beast.
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-03-2012, 05:17 AM
Oh you're not kidding. Emergency to engines or batteries help. But evasive is the king there. You can spin around changing arc like nobodies business. As long as you're going in reverse. In reverse you're unavoidable. Going forward just do some serious planning ahead or um.....keep going forward till you zone out!! I was thinking almost of dropping my crazy power doffs for evasive doffs.

Cheers happy flying!!