Lt. Commander
# 1 Regarding Shield Visuals
03-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Just want to say that I feel that shield / Space set visuals should be ship tailor unlocksthat are NOT bound to you having the it installed at that moment.

If you gain a piece, it should unlock for the ship just like a STF set does for your character on the ground.

Love the JH space set visuals, but the shields on the ship just aren't strong enough. Same for some others.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Just want to say that I feel that shield / Space set visuals should be ship tailor unlocksthat are NOT bound to you having the it installed at that moment.

If you gain a piece, it should unlock for the ship just like a STF set does for your character on the ground.

Love the JH space set visuals, but the shields on the ship just aren't strong enough. Same for some others.
But then we will no longer be able to identify noobs by their neon green glow...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet
But then we will no longer be able to identify noobs by their neon green glow...
Part of the point. ... I love my Reman shields but to use them costs me the resistance to plasma damage.

We work hard for some of the "looks" and don't want to get them only to find out the shields themselves aren't up to snuff.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-19-2012, 01:43 PM
It is a fair point. I believe that we should be able to make our ships look however we want. But this is the Star Trek Universe and their ships look a certain way. Limited customization is understandable. That being said, however, what the ship looks like inside should be completely open and we should be able to equip whatever we want wherever we want. Everything else is really just entertainment.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-19-2012, 01:53 PM
you can disable the shields or other items look on a ship. So that what you see does not need to reflect what is installed on a ship anyway.
Therefor, let us use what look we want after we gained the item that provides the look.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Part of the point. ... I love my Reman shields but to use them costs me the resistance to plasma damage.

We work hard for some of the "looks" and don't want to get them only to find out the shields themselves aren't up to snuff.
What you actually wanted is for STF shields to have that neon light look - not necessarily green. Cryptic has this phobia of making stuff look cool ever since the Aegis set that is now obsolete, thus, your uber XII STF shields have to look almost indistinguishable from noob shields.