Lt. Commander
# 1 Win at ground pvp
03-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Here are some very basic tips that i see most people don't know about when they do ground pvp. This is also why they get rolled 80% of the time.

Use cover: Always stay close to something you can use for cover. (This isn't like space pvp)

Use crouch: This gives you a big damage resistance bonus.

Use Aim: This gives you a big damage bonus.

Use pulse wave up close: This is a close range weapon, at any distance it might knock people down but it's still not going to do much damage.

These are just a few basic tips to help all those who do ground pvp and wonder why people are "hackers" because they die constantly and get few if any kills against a fleet team that knows what they're doing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canislupis78
Here are some very basic tips that i see most people don't know about when they do ground pvp. This is also why they get rolled 80% of the time.

Use cover: Always stay close to something you can use for cover. (This isn't like space pvp)

Use crouch: This gives you a big damage resistance bonus.

Use Aim: This gives you a big damage bonus.

Use pulse wave up close: This is a close range weapon, at any distance it might knock people down but it's still not going to do much damage.

These are just a few basic tips to help all those who do ground pvp and wonder why people are "hackers" because they die constantly and get few if any kills against a fleet team that knows what they're doing.

Good tips, also remember to stock up on

Large Hypos (This refills approximately 80% of your hit points So use it when your almost dead)
Large Shield Charges For when your exposed (exposed = 1 shot kill on you which is bad [orange circle on your body])
Large Power Cells For when you get WM'ed (Weapon Malfunctioned) from a engineer

Oh and most important, stick with your teammates, don't wonder off by your self, if you die, don't spam the "Call for help" key, if they can help they will, but if you see that they cant re spawn and go to them avoiding the enemy team, (aka if you see the enemy team is in front of you, and your team is behind them, go around cuz if you go threw the enemy team they will probably kill you.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2012, 07:30 PM
...And push the number 2 button as often as you can.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-19-2012, 09:12 PM
I believe the correct response to threads like this is "Lolground!"
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2012, 12:14 AM
It's only lolground to the noobs who don't know how to play it.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Why I like Ground
03-20-2012, 08:31 AM
First, I can only give you advice on how to become mediocre, but it's a step: Bring a good attitude. Leave your ego out of the game, because it will get shredded when you're first learning ground PvP. Accept that you will spend more time face down in black & white than you will doing the pew-pew. If you can handle that -- if you can laugh and learn from your failures -- you've taken your first step into a larger world.

I like ground because of the people. Seriously. Even the hostile, semi-sociopathic ones. To me, personalities come through so much more when you're looking at another "person." That's utterly subjective, I know. Just explaining the appeal *to me*. I've made some good friends on the ground.

So, if you really want to learn ground, book a vacation package on Otha. In fact, plan on spending a lot of time there. If you're respectful of the uber-players and show and eagerness to learn, trust me: they will take the time to teach you a thing or two. They'll also kill you a few hundred times. Refer to first paragraph above concerning "ego."

_\V/_
Lt. Commander
# 7 Seems familiar
03-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0n4h
I like ground because of the people. Seriously. Even the hostile, semi-sociopathic ones.
_\V/_

Oh so it's exactly like space than.

Lt. Commander
# 8 Agreed
03-20-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerx24
It's only lolground to the noobs who don't know how to play it.
I'm gonna get one of those fancy new cruisers and name it the U.S.S. LolSpace.

After all, I want to make my hypo runs to Drozana in style.