Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
03-20-2012, 10:38 AM
-Edited out

In all seriousness, I think the devs do plan to roll out some new dailies and content in the next few months. The question is will they be able to roll it out at a regular enough interval that people don't die of boredom from playing the same missions over and over. If they can roll out the next dailies/STF's in early April, I will definitely be happy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
03-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
I remember that podcast, too. And people wonder why some of us quit paying a sub to STO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
03-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb

In all seriousness, I think the devs do plan to roll out some new dailies and content in the next few months. The question is will they be able to roll it out at a regular enough interval that people don't die of boredom from playing the same missions over and over. If they can roll out the next dailies/STF's in early April, I will definitely be happy.
And I think I am the coolest person on these boards but without any evidence to support that claim I am just fooling myself
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
03-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Sure! It was not a c-store item
Well, thank the Great Bird for small favors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
P.S. Kuuyi, how are my tweets not official? Lol
Probably because we've been told time and time again that employees' tweets are their own personal ones and not representative of Cryptic's views?

Seriously, is it a case where SOME of the dev/mod twitter feeds are "official" and some are not? What about when a goldname has a link to their twitter feed in their .sig? Does that make it official? What makes a feed "official" and what makes it "personal?" C'mon, throw us a bone here! We're not asking for a Devspotting guide! =)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
03-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Just want to pitch in and say, that is pretty damn insulting of her, I mean I'm neither of these yet what she said still makes my blood boil. Because at the end of the day everyone has their own sort of thing they enjoy in a game, you may well not enjoy PvE anywhere as much as me and prefer PvP (not trying to say thats the case. Just an example.) But you have as much right to play the game and enjoy it your way as I have to play and enjoy it my way. Probably the main reason were all here is because we like/love Star Trek, why the hell would we want to go play WoW, it's like the complete opposite of the spectrum.

See even managed to bring out the bad side of me. *Double-Facepalm*
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
03-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
P.S. Kuuyi, how are my tweets not official? Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
I think it's because Twitter is used inconsistently by Cryptic employees. Some use it as unofficial sneak peaks and some say it is official. It leaves the general populace needing a matrix to determine what is and isn't official on Twitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
Seriously, is it a case where SOME of the dev/mod twitter feeds are "official" and some are not? What about when a goldname has a link to their twitter feed in their .sig? Does that make it official? What makes a feed "official" and what makes it "personal?" C'mon, throw us a bone here! We're not asking for a Devspotting guide! =)
I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this, Twitter, especially as used by Cryptic, is NOT something we can count on. You have no clear cut decipherable policy on it, No standards at all and to be honest due to past actions when it comes to twitter, ZERO reliability
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
03-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I was looking at STOked from a couple of weeks ago and I think Chris had a good idea that's mostly been overlooked:

If Cryptic can only do 12-15 FE missions a year, they should drop the 5 part series and make them standalone monthly releases, sometimes with supporting events, dailies, PvP, etc.

Right now, the best FEs they've done didn't feel like part of the series they were in and most of the weird gaffes seemed to come from discontinuity or plotholes that came from stringing the missions together. (Ie. why we need to go to the gamma quadrant for a Founder when we already have one. Kestrel writes the plots but different content devs do the missions and I think one hand may not see what the other hand is doing sometimes.)

Standalone FEs would allow them to cover more ground in terms of different storylines and enemy groups and instead treat each one as the center of content development for the given month, with thematically tied in C-Store, PvP, dailies, and events.

So... Say they're working on Andorian escorts, right? Use that to spruce up Andoria for a FE standalone set there that uses the new escorts in the story.

In general, the worst FEs have felt like they existed to get us from Part 2 to Part 4, that kind of thing. Whereas the best (Coliseum, What Lies Beneath, Facility 2048) barely feel connected to the series they're a part of and could standalone entirely with just a bit of extra love.
I would like to see them release at least 24 episodes a year, with the first one each year coming on the first saturday following the launch anniversary. IF each episode is written so the plots are not dependent upon each other, aside from maybe following a specific behind-the-scenes over-arching plotline that calls for certain watershed events to occur throughout a year, then it should be easier to write as well as produce.

And like I said, they do not necessarily have to produce brand new art assets for every single episode. They can desin them for the watershed events. Look at the way episodes of TNG, DS9 and VOY recycled sets, props and other assets and still managed to tell seven years worth of stories, each. The average number of episodes per season of those shows was 24.

At the moment, STO is the only visual medium carrying the lore of the prime universe of Star Trek. They need to treat it like it is a series. Based on how much of the current year (going from launch date) has passed, and accounting for how many episodes they've released, here is a suggested schedule for target release dates of the remaining episodes:

2012:
2/11 - "Second Wave"
2/18 - "Of Bajor"
2/25 - "Operation Gamma"
3/3 - "Facility 4028"
3/10 - "Boldly They Rode"
4/21 - Episode 6
5/5 - Episode 7
5/19 - Episode 8
6/2 - Episode 9
6/16 - Episode 10
6/30 - Episode 11
7/21 - Episode 12
8/4 - Episode 13
8/18 - Episode 14
9/1 - Episode 15
9/15 - Episode 16
9/29 - Episode 17
10/13 - Episode 18
11/3 - Episode 19
11/17 - Episode 20
12/1 - Episode 21
12/15 - Episode 22
12/29 - Episode 23

2013:
1/12 - Episode 24
1/26 - Episode 25

Based on the above suggested schedule, if this could be compared to a season of a Star trek show, it would be like Deep Space 9's sixth season which started with a SIX-part story arc leading up to the retaking of DS9 from the Dominion. The rest of the schedule has a staggered release sequence with some months having 2 episodes, some having 3 and some having 1. Those single episodes could be the epic ones with new art resources and gameplay system tie-ins. You'll note that they typically follow a 3-episode month with several weeks in between. Plenty of time to allow for finalization of new assets. The "watershed" events of the year could occur on these single episodes.

Starting with Episode Six and running through Episode 22, there need to be some heavy Klingon elements involved thus giving those playing the KDF a sense of meaningful involvement. Episode 22 could have an event where both the KDF and the UFP join forces to expose a Romulan plot, which annoys the Romulans signigicantly.

Episode 23 could introduce the playable Romulan faction.

Episodes 24 and 25 would finish out the content year with episodes that have an aspect for all 3 factions.

Weeks between episodes could see the release of new dailies, related to the last released FE. New DOff assignments could come out as well...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
03-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
she must be trying out the new chance boxes!
now, this made me laugh.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
03-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Hi you all!!!

I dont understand why you all think, Cryptic would ignore us...

I know that its not easy to understand for a "non-Dev" how the game mechanic works... but i may try to open your mind for some new thoughts...

I´m a Software Designer myself, i think i partially understand the VERY COMPLEX structure behind the GUI

Cryptic and Atari wasnt a DreamTeam, so if PW didnt buy Cryptic Studios, you all would play SOMETHING now but not STO.
Cryptic wanted STO as a F2P-Game with a wide open community for everyone who likes Star Trek from the beginning on (which is the real deal IMO).

Atari didnt want that and they were too blind to see that they nearly ruined a great game with their payment politics. They only wanted to make money constantly with this expensive license, BUT THEY DIDNT KNOW, HOW.

NOW, they got Dan Stahl back (and I am very happy about that) to give his best to make STO like it should be. Thats not easy for the Devs after 2 years of developing from a different point of view.


The Cryptic-Team is bigger now than its ever been, and they catched lots of ideas in their other projects which maybe integrated with some changes to STO later this year (as Stahl stated in an interview at STOked, not long ago).

The have to fine tune the game mechanics... no one says, that isnt right... and we all are tired of playing the same STFs again and again, but we have to understand that there are licensing partners (CBS and some Authors) who have to say "yes" to everything the Devs do before the may implement it. Correct me if i am wrong - i think there were ENOUGH things they´ve forbidden.

There are MANY ideas, how Season 6 COULD look like, June isnt far away, but how to do everything at once... really guys and ladies, its impossible, even if they recruit some more programmers, they would have to learn about how the engine works before they could make their first changes... everything good needs time.

I am sure it must look like "we dont want do do it because we wanna drink some coffee together" but i dont think that THIS is the problem...

STO still has got big potential to be MUCH better than it is now... But do you all think a FE or a bunch of new STF´s is done in a day??? OKAY... there was no need to change the STF´s. I loved them how they were before... but even like them now.
AND i really like the new FE, for me as a Software Designer it is easy to see - SUCH THINGS NEED TIME.
No problem for me to pay my monthly fee, Dan and the others wanna be paid like everyone of us...


NOW its up to you to say "YES, i like STO" or "NO, i wanna play something completely different" cause IMO there´s no other game like STO... its Star Trek - different to others but GOOD.
So lets play some PvP and STF´s together, report a bug if you find one, but dont report things like
"HELP, I got only 20 Cardassian Lock Boxes Today... now the event ended and i bought too much keys..."
cause it will only steal the time of the Devs for their REAL job - to enlarge the universe we all "live" in.

I think i´ve got enough to do ingame, i play STO for 755 days now and would be happy if there will be 755 more.

I want to complete my MK XII Sets, Space and Ground (3 parts missing on my main toon)
And since today i am farming data samples and credits for my new Odyssey Tactical Cruiser
By the way i want to have some stuff for my other ships - I AM NOT BOUND TO MY ANTIPROTONS ANYMORE... and i am sure if i am done with all that, Season 6 is no longer far away...

On my way there i do my best to help our fleet's rookies to get where we Veterans are now.

ITS STAR TREK, LOVE IT OR NOT!

GREETS

Corny
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
03-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khans_Wrath
Hi you all!!!

I dont understand why you all think, Cryptic would ignore us...

I know that its not easy to understand for a "non-Dev" how the game mechanic works... but i may try to open your mind for some new thoughts...

I´m a Software Designer myself, i think i partially understand the VERY COMPLEX structure behind the GUI

Cryptic and Atari wasnt a DreamTeam, so if PW didnt buy Cryptic Studios, you all would play SOMETHING now but not STO.
Cryptic wanted STO as a F2P-Game with a wide open community for everyone who likes Star Trek from the beginning on (which is the real deal IMO).

Atari didnt want that and they were too blind to see that they nearly ruined a great game with their payment politics. They only wanted to make money constantly with this expensive license, BUT THEY DIDNT KNOW, HOW.

NOW, they got Dan Stahl back (and I am very happy about that) to give his best to make STO like it should be. Thats not easy for the Devs after 2 years of developing from a different point of view.


The Cryptic-Team is bigger now than its ever been, and they catched lots of ideas in their other projects which maybe integrated with some changes to STO later this year (as Stahl stated in an interview at STOked, not long ago).

The have to fine tune the game mechanics... no one says, that isnt right... and we all are tired of playing the same STFs again and again, but we have to understand that there are licensing partners (CBS and some Authors) who have to say "yes" to everything the Devs do before the may implement it. Correct me if i am wrong - i think there were ENOUGH things they´ve forbidden.

There are MANY ideas, how Season 6 COULD look like, June isnt far away, but how to do everything at once... really guys and ladies, its impossible, even if they recruit some more programmers, they would have to learn about how the engine works before they could make their first changes... everything good needs time.

I am sure it must look like "we dont want do do it because we wanna drink some coffee together" but i dont think that THIS is the problem...

STO still has got big potential to be MUCH better than it is now... But do you all think a FE or a bunch of new STF´s is done in a day??? OKAY... there was no need to change the STF´s. I loved them how they were before... but even like them now.
AND i really like the new FE, for me as a Software Designer it is easy to see - SUCH THINGS NEED TIME.
No problem for me to pay my monthly fee, Dan and the others wanna be paid like everyone of us...


NOW its up to you to say "YES, i like STO" or "NO, i wanna play something completely different" cause IMO there´s no other game like STO... its Star Trek - different to others but GOOD.
So lets play some PvP and STF´s together, report a bug if you find one, but dont report things like
"HELP, I got only 20 Cardassian Lock Boxes Today... now the event ended and i bought too much keys..."
cause it will only steal the time of the Devs for their REAL job - to enlarge the universe we all "live" in.

I think i´ve got enough to do ingame, i play STO for 755 days now and would be happy if there will be 755 more.

I want to complete my MK XII Sets, Space and Ground (3 parts missing on my main toon)
And since today i am farming data samples and credits for my new Odyssey Tactical Cruiser
By the way i want to have some stuff for my other ships - I AM NOT BOUND TO MY ANTIPROTONS ANYMORE... and i am sure if i am done with all that, Season 6 is no longer far away...

On my way there i do my best to help our fleet's rookies to get where we Veterans are now.

ITS STAR TREK, LOVE IT OR NOT!

GREETS

Corny
Good post. I really like it. Sometimes I wonder why people come here only to complain about the game THEY don't like. I do like it and enjoy it. So why do they try to ruin my joy... well I know this from other games but I will never understand it.
To me it's okay to post constructive critic but the most of it is "this game is crap it's going to die soon"-blah. Not very helpful in my opinion. Especially if you see that the complainers are always the same and it's mostly the same players in this kind of threads.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:12 AM.