Lt. Commander
# 1 Vo'Quv Carrier: What STF set?
03-20-2012, 02:57 AM
Read both, but I'm not sure which is better for a Carrier with a SCI Captain.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2012, 03:35 AM
i run a 2 piece honor guard, with borg deflector for the 5 aux power and the bonus of the engine+shield. thats like +15 aux power just for free with that setup. And honor guard engines are awesome.

so i suggest 2 piece honor guard +borg deflector and borg console should be your choice.

I have a kar'fi with 2 torpedo's in front, and 2 torpspread so i even profit of the 25% torp dmg bonus that set gives. So for my carrier built that was the obvious choice anyway. not sure if torpedos are as usefull for vo'quv, since it's turnrate is like half of that of the kar'fi, and you cant use 2 torpedo abilities, but i can't see omega set being superior in that situation to the high aux powers the honor guard gives you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Three possible setups:

If your carrier is a 'bomber' setup: (3 torpedos in front. 2 plasma, 1 bioneural ...only way to do this combo) then use engine/shield from KDF and Omega deflector.

If carrier is energy weapon user: Best passive tank: Aegis engine and deflector, KDF shield. (I tested full aegis but the 3-piece hull resist bonuses are utter garbage). Best active tank: Engine/Deflector borg, KDF shield and borg console. (borg 3-piece regeneration plus kdf high shield cap+ shield plasma resist).
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323
Read both, but I'm not sure which is better for a Carrier with a SCI Captain.
My Science Captain in the Vo’Quv uses the 3 piece Borg set with the Mk XII Honor Guard Shield.

2 x Mk XII Borg Disruptor Turrets and Mk XII Borg Plasma Torp at the Fore
3 x Mk XII Borg Disruptor Turrets in the Aft.

My Tactical Captain in the Kar’Fi use the 3 piece Borg set with the Mk XII Honor Guard Shield.

2 x Mk XII Borg Antiproton Beam Array, Mk XII Borg Dual Antiproton Beam Bank and Mk XII Borg Quantum Torp at the Fore

3 x Mk XII Borg Antiproton Beam Array in the Aft.

The 3 piece Borg set gives some nice Hull and Shield heals and in the case of the Kar’Fi this can be a life saver.

One of the things that I find that helps me greatly with both my Carriers while running STFs is to keep distance between myself and the Borg.

I try to maintain a distance of at least 9.6 k from all my targets and most of the time they never return fire on me because my fighters, Frigates and BOP are much closer to them and end up drawing the Argo.

Keeping good distance also gives you plenty of time to position your carrier and buys you some time between hanger cool downs.