Is there still Voldemorts around?

Regards

Me
Hey stranger welcome back!

In short
Yes, always.
No.
Yes, Voldemort can't die.

PvP is arguably in a pretty good state. Things haven't changed dramaticaly since you went on holiday, no new maps etc. F2p has dramatically reduced wait time for matches though which is a good thing and there seem to be new life in OPVP and in the qs.

Probably the biggest issues affecting the game right now are.
FAW still doesn't miss. I know, everything old is new.
Klingons arguably have some pretty strong pay to win console options.

Below that you have lesser iritiations.

The new Oddysey class and Bortasque class flagships, once again 'arguably', make the other Tier 5 cruisers on their respective sides unneccessary as both can be superior when built right.

Luckily there are enough idiots flying them that you still frequently see them go boom.
There also seems to be either a bug or a recent change that has made the console that gives +35 percent to shields stackable. It's believed this is a bug. Don't worry though, ships still go Boom in the qs with regularity though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
How is the state of the (PvP) game?

Is it worth it to come back?
Is PvP still messed up?
Is there still Voldemorts around?

Regards

Me
Mel Come back we need your cannon excelsior
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2012, 08:02 AM
If you liked it before you'll still pretty much like it now. I can't remember exactly when you left but the skill tree has changed. PvP is still suffering from so many ridiculously broken things (and some that keep getting rebroken). They released some new consoles and gimmicks most of which still ignore resistance skills in spite of resistance abilities supposedly being fixed and boosted.

Basically, it's always been at least partially broken but at least some of the people are nice and the ships are pretty. Welcome back!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2012, 12:56 PM
HI!!! *WAVES*

I tried to get back into the game when it went f2p. This attempt lasted a grand total of an hour and involved 4 crashes when I tried to change my screen resolution from 800x600 to 1440x990. After that I said screw it and uninstalled. I actually visited this forums when one of my friends linked that massive thread complaining about Opvp.

To my rather basic knowledge (and this is all second hand, so take it with a grain of salt), pay to win consoles have been pretty much dominating the pvp market for quite a while. I mean, I've heard some pretty nasty things about the Tetryon Glider.

so;
yes - if you have friends
yes - pay to win consoles for the win!
yes - apparently you really can't kill these things
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Nothing new in PvP content.

New gear via STFs, including 3 space sets (1 neutral, 1 fed, 1 kdf). The Tet glider someone mentioned is actually from 2 part STF neutral set (Omega) bonus.

New gear/ships via C-Store, including a lottery like format for some ships/gear. Old C-store ships had their drawbacks removed. Last summer dev came out and admittied on STOked C-store ships were alway intended to be better. KDF added late last year.

New skill tree where in theory players can skill/equip into counters, but hasn't been balanced. In theory this lets PvEers be OP as they want while giving PvPers counters to otherwise balance breaking abilitiies. This impacts KDF consoles more then Fed consoles. Tet glider drain is also an issue here.

Ground combat changed around last summer (i don't like it, but others do). Basically it's faster in PvE and melee got nerfed. There's stf gear for this, not much C-Store p2w ground stuff though. So, if ground is your thing imo it currently has the least C-Store influence.

Various Power changes and reverts. Vold came back and was addressed, FaW has issues again currently. For the time being people can tripple stack the 35% shield boost consoles.

Doff system added. Still a bit buggy, but dev is active in attempting to address issues.

Depending when you left the Foundry was introduced (gives the ability for players to generate PvE missions, but not PvP).
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmeagolSneak View Post
Mel Come back we need your cannon excelsior
BFAW is a win now for cruisers. Hope you come back Mel.