Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Hello, the problem is that: against all odds, my phaser beams do in combat +-100 more damage than my AP beams.

Both are MK XII, and both with 3 Tactical apropiated energy consoles. On weapon "skill" both of them do 810 dps + 48 tetryon damage to shield.... but in combat, my phaser do more consistent damage with average of 100 more of damage.

It no sense to me, and more when AP have +20 crt severity (Ok only on crits, I known). At least they must have the same damage output.

I used phaser for long time, but I was doing some test, to enchance my overal damage output.

Anyway thanks for any answer.

Thanks to everybody for fun, sorry for my bad english.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Do you have tactical consoles for antiproton and phasers which are equal?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickpa
Do you have tactical consoles for antiproton and phasers which are equal?
Yeah 3 MK XI blue console for each. +26% damage...
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2012, 09:12 PM
after doin a certain amount of dmg , you get a passive buff to damage type along with 1 of the accolades for dealing that type of damage, you said you where using phasers a long time.

if you have only just equipped AP, then you will just need to deal more dmg with it and it should even out, afaik its a 2% buff to base dmg, which then gets boosted more by consoles and buffs, etc, and i assume is what is causing your variance.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-19-2012, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizzy
after doin a certain amount of dmg , you get a passive buff to damage type along with 1 of the accolades for dealing that type of damage, you said you where using phasers a long time.

if you have only just equipped AP, then you will just need to deal more dmg with it and it should even out, afaik its a 2% buff to base dmg, which then gets boosted more by consoles and buffs, etc, and i assume is what is causing your variance.
I have both of them...

But I thinking about if that damage mod (and the rest of them) will gain full effect with time...

I will mount the AP for two or three days, and I'll see if actuals levels stay or begin to raise again.... if not... will go again with may lovely phasers

Thanks

Thanks to everybody for the fun, sorry for my bad english.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-19-2012, 04:34 AM
The thing is once AP gets the same buff as Phasers you'll begin to do more DPS with Phasers.

Might be worth sticking with AP for a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-19-2012, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberjac View Post
I have both of them...

But I thinking about if that damage mod (and the rest of them) will gain full effect with time...

I will mount the AP for two or three days, and I'll see if actuals levels stay or begin to raise again.... if not... will go again with may lovely phasers

Thanks

Thanks to everybody for the fun, sorry for my bad english.
What are the mods on your weapons? [Dmg]x2 might make a bit of difference. Perhaps not all of it, but it would probably be enough to be noticeable.

Also, are you using a Galaxy-X class? That might skew it, depending on how you're calculating the DPS - if you're using the combat log and parsing it via program, it might be lumping in lance blasts.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-19-2012, 08:14 AM
What's your data source? Are you looking at tooltips or just parsing a big chunk of time? Over time Phasers will win due to the procs taking engines and shields offline.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-19-2012, 05:15 PM
if I had more than one phaser rely, e.g. 3 for th sovy, will they all work?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberjac View Post
Hello, the problem is that: against all odds, my phaser beams do in combat +-100 more damage than my AP beams.

Both are MK XII, and both with 3 Tactical apropiated energy consoles. On weapon "skill" both of them do 810 dps + 48 tetryon damage to shield.... but in combat, my phaser do more consistent damage with average of 100 more of damage.

It no sense to me, and more when AP have +20 crt severity (Ok only on crits, I known). At least they must have the same damage output.

I used phaser for long time, but I was doing some test, to enchance my overal damage output.

Anyway thanks for any answer.

Thanks to everybody for fun, sorry for my bad english.
Check out your passive traits, you probably have some accolade bonuses going on or something that you may not be taking into account?