Lt. Commander
# 1 Looking for Heavy RP Fleet
03-19-2012, 08:32 AM
Semi-Delurking here,

I'm currently looking for a heavy RP fleet. I've had trouble finding active rp fleets in the past that do more than simply casually chatting in Quark's for hours on end.

What I'm looking for:

Active fleet (# members is relatively unimportant, but I'd like to team more than I solo or PUG)

Free to use my ship and be captain (I'm not looking to play as an officer on someone else's ship. I would like to play as a captain in my own ship carrying out these missions)

Frequent use of end game content (STFs [normal/elite], PVP, FEs, etc.) I would like to still challenge myself from a game perspective while we rp. I appreciate that every so often it's nice to relax with casual rp, but it's also fun to get some action in.

I would like to think I'm a mature experienced player with plenty more to learn, and maybe a bit to teach. I hope to enjoy this game as best as possible and I'm hoping to find the fleet that will allow me to do that best.

Thanks for giving my post some time, enjoy your day everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Let me know if you find anything as I am currently seeking the same thing.

I have looked into Daedalus Omega fleet advertised as a hard core RP community but have
yet to hear anything. I have joined their chat channel as well but never saw any action there.

They seem to be pretty in depth but the majority of their posts on these forums are from 2010.
I inquired if they were currently still active but have not gotten any word yet.

Should you decide to start your own venture I'd be interested in collaboration.
I have a Vice Admiral toon already, but I will be re-rolling a new ensign just for the
purpose of RPing a new career.

Good to see there is interest out there for RP!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2012, 11:11 PM
I run my ships and task forces using US Navy styled ship to ship protocol (And that's fiction-writing quality RP + actual fanfic production) and have been producing quality RP scenes since January.

However when I read those two words "mature RP", I lost my interest immediately. There are adult chat sites for such.

That's actually the reason why I don't bother to show my portfolio of RP content outside of my private 'clients' - the authentic military protocol and superior teamwork from formal communications... simply isn't appreciated by roleplaying guilds in STO (and I have enquired or even did collaborative scenes with a great many of them, and found them unsatisfactory just like yourself).

We're here to be, or learn to be, Starfleet Captains, not sit around socializing. There's a place to spend time in clubs and 'get to know' people intimately... it's called IRL.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2012, 12:39 AM
I can confirm that this young lady above provides a Very good RP experience. I haven't participated in her combat scene RP, but her diplomatic exchange was very detailed and lasted for hours discussing trade and cultural exchange (Cardassian).

The Jevonite Order is very small (4 members) and we are free to participate in what game aspects we enjoy and aren't forced to partake in aspects which don't interest us.

I for one am on every evening (Hawaii time) and from (0730-2230) on the weekends. I have authored a few RPs as well. You don't have to be a member of a fleet for that..just make friends and coordinate RP time/locations.

I to hope that Mature RP you refer to has more to do with military missions, diplomacy, and trade discussions rather than dateline (which I am assuming). The one thing that would detract from my fleet is that we are ALL Cardassian.

It allows players who enjoy writing and creating depth to a specie's culture which lacks depth and understanding.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2012, 12:41 AM
Sorry, shouldn't post while running around my office.

If the definition of Mature is tenets of responsibility, authority, realistic decision making then I'm all for that.

The problem is 'some other' use the word Mature to describe a lot of things that shouldn't ever be RPed in a Star Trek military-based MMO of all places.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2012, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Sorry, shouldn't post while running around my office.

If the definition of Mature is tenets of responsibility, authority, realistic decision making then I'm all for that.

The problem is 'some other' use the word Mature to describe a lot of things that shouldn't ever be RPed in a Star Trek military-based MMO of all places.
I can only imagine Mature... "I transformed my shuttle into a hot tub and my cargo bay is filled with Mr. Bubble" type of RP.

I could do that, but think the Mr. Bubble is best used IRL.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2012, 06:15 AM
Well I appreciate the quick feedback and I guess I should clarify the above statement before I have to deal with Chris Hansen.

By mature RP I was referring to the quality of the rp. Something that demonstrated more than a 4th grade reading level that might involve more mature themes than simply saying hello and addressing someone by admiral. So yes definition of mature in this case is "tenets of responsibility, authority, and realistic decision making" in this case.

I have no interest in what people would refer to as "adult roleplaying". Carmenara is right there are places for such things and I don't want to involve myself with them.

I guess I just assumed "mature" was a safer word than adult, but I guess I still stepped in it. Still the rest of my post stands as I'm looking for something intelligent, relatively speaking.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vormarion
Let me know if you find anything as I am currently seeking the same thing.

I have looked into Daedalus Omega fleet advertised as a hard core RP community but have
yet to hear anything. I have joined their chat channel as well but never saw any action there.

They seem to be pretty in depth but the majority of their posts on these forums are from 2010.
I inquired if they were currently still active but have not gotten any word yet.

Should you decide to start your own venture I'd be interested in collaboration.
I have a Vice Admiral toon already, but I will be re-rolling a new ensign just for the
purpose of RPing a new career.

Good to see there is interest out there for RP!

And likewise because of this and other incidents of in-game misconduct I have basically told anyone serious about QUALITY roleplaying (as the OP desires) to stay away from any and all established "STO roleplaying" guilds. RPing does not come from advertising in a guild post - it's a competency that's demonstrated using leadership by example.

If you want character references or just want to know what went wrong during my time with them, we can discuss it at Drozana over a Comet Cocktail or a pair of bat'leths if that catches your fancy.

I'm all for starting a proper RP guild and playing by @nyduke2011's type of rules. It's going to be a proper Navy type guild with emphasis on military protocol and team efficiency from how I see it, and those who think roleplaying is going to Quark's on Saturday nights need not apply.

Those who think roleplaying is about a male and a female character trying to start a relationship, will be kicked out the airlock. That's because if I ever manage to get the time to run an RP scene, it's either a military conference, diplomatic engagement or fleet battle. The ideal environment for DEVELOPMENTAL roleplaying.

That's because roleplaying is a participative activity and task force commanders are logically, focused on the team mission at hand and are not there to cater to those who want roleplaying but yet somehow cannot even answer a simple hailing frequency using 20th Century radio protocol (I'm not even asking for Honor Harrington style level of authenticity heh!)

The biggest insults I've received during my RP time are individuals who reply to my threads or PM me seeking roleplaying and bragging about their '20 years of RP experience' and when assigned a role and a scenario, make me wait 20 minutes before replying "Don't know where to start". Hello? I did -all- the work writing the darn scene for that person.

At that point, I would never fail to wonder what sort of interesting, colourful, intimate roleplaying they had in the past 20 years. Why bother wearing a Starfleet rank, or even seeking RP in STO?

We don't need a large group. On the contrary, two ships working together with synchronized tactics and loadouts makes a powerful "Surface Action Group" in today's Earth Navy terms.

And once said SAG starts posting AARs or mission reports on the forum or in their designated Captain's Log website, we'll have all the cadets we'll ever need for the rest of STO's lifetime. The only stigma here is to get the bad rep off 'mature roleplaying' and redefine it with military excellence.

Because face it, end of the day, maturity equals competent authority.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
I have basically told anyone serious about QUALITY roleplaying (as the OP desires) to stay away from any and all established "STO roleplaying" guilds.
Ouch...That hurt, one diplomatic mission and now I'm chopped liver... Come on Carmenara, you're Cardassian and you know it. Heck, maybe even a better one than me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-20-2012, 11:30 PM
Quote:
chopped liver
I had to get the Vitamin D from somewhere...