Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I have just made the mistake of spending 500000 credits (Pretty much everything I had give or take 8k) on a Doff on the exchange thinking that it was useable for my Klingon character. The reason I thought it was useably was because the picture was red. Now I discover it was a fed doff that i cannot use.

Why oh why is there not 2 sections for selling items. One for fed useable items and one for Klingon. I dont get why it is all jumbled up in such a ********** way. Please understand that this has cost me money and time and I now cannot complete a specific mission due to this awful mishap. I suggest you sort this out to make it easier for your players so they dont make this kind of simple mistake that anyone can make.

P.S, I have put in a ticket about this, but I have serious doubts I will get anything back. It took me ages to get that amount of money and now I will be skint for a very long time
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-20-2012, 08:01 AM
I agree shouldn't happen there should be an unusable for your faction at the least like the c-store items.


But 500k isnt a lot of cash really not sure if feds can trade to Klingons or i would just give you the 500k back as i rarely use my EC for anything.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorta View Post
I have just made the mistake of spending 500000 credits (Pretty much everything I had give or take 8k) on a Doff on the exchange thinking that it was useable for my Klingon character. The reason I thought it was useably was because the picture was red. Now I discover it was a fed doff that i cannot use.

Why oh why is there not 2 sections for selling items. One for fed useable items and one for Klingon. I dont get why it is all jumbled up in such a ********** way. Please understand that this has cost me money and time and I now cannot complete a specific mission due to this awful mishap. I suggest you sort this out to make it easier for your players so they dont make this kind of simple mistake that anyone can make.

P.S, I have put in a ticket about this, but I have serious doubts I will get anything back. It took me ages to get that amount of money and now I will be skint for a very long time
The exchange really needs a search by faction filter for Doffs and Boffs.

Itís very time consuming to have to sift through pages of Bridge Officers and Duty Officers that your faction canít use.

Iím not sure why a search by faction filter was not implemented at launch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-20-2012, 08:09 AM
It also needs to have the annoying scrollbar problem fixed. This becomes a major hassle for people who have to sift through hoards of DOff's and BOff's to find the right one. I've overspent on several DOff's not realizing a cheaper alternative was available on the other half of a previous page.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-20-2012, 08:24 AM
1. Color has NEVER been an indicator of what faction a Doff belongs to. This is your mistake IMO. There are emblems behind the Doffs that tell what faction they belong to.. Also, there is a color identifier for the pictures "border" not the picture itself. You should learn how to identify this, it take literally 2 seconds. And if your not sure, why not ask some questions about it? I understand your frustration with this, but there are multiple ways to differentiate Doffs between factions.

2. I like the ability to search for both factions. Lets say i have a lot of money on a fed char, and no money on my Klingon char. Then i can buy the item on my fed and mail it, or get a 3rd party trade to get the item to me if it is something i cant mail. I have done this numerous times, and would be ticked if they changed it.

Now i would not mind a filter to filter out Fed/KDF thing, but would be opposed to seperating them completely from the exchange.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-20-2012, 08:24 AM
There needs to be a lot more filters added to the exchange. It really needs an overhaul.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-20-2012, 08:49 AM
Red means tactical/security, not faction

That said, just resell it. You should be able to get most of your ec back
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntman1138 View Post
1. Color has NEVER been an indicator of what faction a Doff belongs to. This is your mistake IMO. There are emblems behind the Doffs that tell what faction they belong to.. Also, there is a color identifier for the pictures "border" not the picture itself. You should learn how to identify this, it take literally 2 seconds. And if your not sure, why not ask some questions about it? I understand your frustration with this, but there are multiple ways to differentiate Doffs between factions.

2. I like the ability to search for both factions. Lets say i have a lot of money on a fed char, and no money on my Klingon char. Then i can buy the item on my fed and mail it, or get a 3rd party trade to get the item to me if it is something i cant mail. I have done this numerous times, and would be ticked if they changed it.

Now i would not mind a filter to filter out Fed/KDF thing, but would be opposed to seperating them completely from the exchange.
I asked in general chat about doffs, and was told by MANY people that the colour outline of a Doff signified what faction they belonged to. Blue being fed and red being Klingon. So no it was NOT my mistake, it was the advice I was given by a lot of people. If a lot of people gave me the same information, then it is a flaw with the game itself because it is the same thing other people have been told.

The fact is, the exchange is confusing, especially with all the doffs being in one place, fed and klingon alike. It needs to be made so that a Klingon searching for Klingon faction doffs only gets those so he/she does not make this mistake. Same for fed characters, though to be perfectly honest it isnt that much of a problem as there is more Fed doffs being sold on the exchange than Klingon doffs.

Why would you be so opposed to seperating fed doffs from klingon doffs? I dont really understand the logic behind that
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macerx View Post
I agree shouldn't happen there should be an unusable for your faction at the least like the c-store items.


But 500k isnt a lot of cash really not sure if feds can trade to Klingons or i would just give you the 500k back as i rarely use my EC for anything.
I thank you for the sentiment. I wouldnt take your money even if you offered, purely because I am a stubborn pain in the butt. :p I will probably get more myself. This post was more of a rage post as I was really annoyed at how this had happened, plus I wanted to get my point across that something needs to be done about it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
The exchange really needs a search by faction filter for Doffs and Boffs.

Itís very time consuming to have to sift through pages of Bridge Officers and Duty Officers that your faction canít use.

Iím not sure why a search by faction filter was not implemented at launch.
I agree. Though I think something like this should be implemented sooner rather than later, my guess is that it wasnt that important at the time. As long as it worked it was fine. However, after 2 years, I think it is about time things like this should be implemented to make life easier for the players.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:58 AM.