Lt. Commander
# 11 for the record
03-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33_of_666
asking for forgiveness...nor do i require any
i have been playing trek games since begin 2 iahve been playong online trek games since klingon academy, i was the #1 player in that game IKE-razor1977 i believe

i was DX_Borg_King in birth of the federation at 1 time the #2 player on the ladder and a slew since, i buy games just for the trek title.....in anyone deserves respect it is me..i don't usually complain, i try to adapt and overcome and if it is not possible i swallow my pride...which is no small feat i may mind you and ask for a fix
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Please, Please, Please, let this thread die
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
i was DX_Borg_King in birth of the federation at 1 time the #2 player on the ladder and a slew since, i buy games just for the trek title.....in anyone deserves respect it is me.
This is the funniest thing I have ever read. Thank you OP.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Please, Please, Please, let this thread die
NO!!!
This is far to amusing
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-20-2012, 09:30 PM
other great quotes:

Quote:
i love it when a player overcomes as oppose to whine for change ...
Quote:
get your Chalices rdy for all the "Whine"ing
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-20-2012, 09:46 PM
I really think the tachyon drones need to be toned down a bit. I like the ability but the problem is that they have 12.5k hp for 4 or so that launch. That's pretty much a constitution class ship as a pet times 4. That's too long to do damage to them all along with the fast re-launching rates. At best it should have maybe 3-4k. They are drones not ships or shuttlecrafts.

The drain effect is also too much and makes any version tachyon beam worthless. This effect also needs to be toned down. A big problem I see is that players in support ships cant fight off the tachyon drone spam because of the constant quick re-launches and there is nothing they can do about them. DPS Players have a better chance at this but it is still problematic.

Overall I think it needs to be addressed because what's the point of shields you are getting drained 400-600 to each quadrant of shield per second and that's not including weapons fire or a powerful charged particle burst?

Cryptic please review this ability over. Thank you.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=257181
Lt. Commander
# 17 what is really funny
03-20-2012, 11:11 PM
what is really funny is some ppl have the nerve to even comment on this thread considering they all got like 400 whine threads each..and i'm not whining i faced that klingon very many times before coming to the conclusion they may be overpowered...
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-21-2012, 12:35 AM
I get where you are coming from. I don't know if it was the same carrier we were going up against, but when I encountered those tachyon probes the first time, I thought : This is new, no problem, FAW will take care of it.

Imagine my surprise ehen they didn't die right away like other probes and fighters and turned out quite resilient.
I adapted my strategy around that and tried to keep my distance from them now.

Maybe this thread is the wrong way of doing sonething about it as it won't lead anywhere.

You can always open a ticket and gibe the information to , say, STOked. They encourage players to let them know about stuff that seems to be broken and test it for themselves. Those guys have a direct line to the devs that will be able to change it if it not workung as intended.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-21-2012, 06:50 AM
While the Tachyon drones are currently a bit hard to kill, thier effectiveness comes from the player in question being designed as a high-end drain boat with the skills to back that drain up, plus the DOff that may help as well.
I can agree that drones need to be a little easier to kill, but not by much since Bfaw is hitting so accurately and the Devs are not moving to fix it.

As the the number of pets that the OPness offending carrier forced the OP to endur, most where a reflection of the Photonic fleet, possibly the fleet support and the scorpian fighters it seems.
This may have led to a confusion on how many actaul carrier pets where in play.
I didn't think it was even possible to field Tachyon drones, BoPs and Siphon drones all from the same carrier.

As well the whole pet issue and the carrier has been argued, nerfed, rebuffed, nerfed again, summoned numbers lowered, max summon in play numbers lowered and revisited many times in the past to the present. One just needs to get used to the fact that a single carrier is a good tank and more than one is just more of the saem if built well. Like a good fed cruiser build they can be annoying enmasse but are hardly OP.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
While the Tachyon drones are currently a bit hard to kill, thier effectiveness comes from the player in question being designed as a high-end drain boat with the skills to back that drain up, plus the DOff that may help as well.
I can agree that drones need to be a little easier to kill, but not by much since Bfaw is hitting so accurately and the Devs are not moving to fix it.

As the the number of pets that the OPness offending carrier forced the OP to endur, most where a reflection of the Photonic fleet, possibly the fleet support and the scorpian fighters it seems.
This may have led to a confusion on how many actaul carrier pets where in play.

Take a look at this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
I have an update on Fire At Will!

A software fix was just made today that allows Fire At Will to miss the target, complete with missing FX. If you happen to see mkenneally on the forums, he's the one to thank for this awesome news.

We still need to run the fix by QA to ensure that it's missing the correct amount, and that it will properly take into consideration things like the target's Defense value, etc. But if it all goes according to plan, you should soon be able to miss as much as you like! :p
Closed Thread