Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 31 You Got To Be Kidding Me
03-22-2012, 05:56 AM
You've GOT to be kidding with 350,000 Dilithium for a Gold or Steel Trimmed EVA Suit. Trinkets should NOT cost the equivalent of 44 days of refining.

Between this and the whole lockbox fiasco I'm getting an INCREDIBLY bad taste in my mouth when it comes to STO. And yes I am one of those people who spent the $100 on the Oddy & Bortas''qu ships so it's not like I don't support the game, it's just becoming so RIDICULOUS all the nickel and dime crap.

How the f does CBS not think this is BAD for the franchise's image????

You know why the Star Trek universe doesn't use cash in their time? PWE took it all in the 21st century.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-22-2012, 06:48 AM
First off, this is not eve and an open mining map would be interesting but not very much fun, imo. That is way I don't play eve regularly. Admittedly, my character is training currently for a barge. But what i hope is that I can send out my doffs to collect payment in the form of dilitium for things like protection. (kdf version) It would be fun to tour the mine and maybe execute a couple lazy bajorin slaves in order to increase production. Than I am back to the stars. I have no desire to lower myself to the level of common workers and slaves. (to realistic for me, lol) That is why I love the whole doff system. I can progress in the game and make dilitium while out of the game all without grinding.

But yes , I will try to be there and it does sound ..... interesting
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Another update...

Quote:
EDIT: There will be a daily mission that you will want to pick up before you come, but if you complete the daily before the timeslot, that's okay too You can still socialize with us! If you are planning on attending one of these timeslots, feel free to pick-up the daily mission, but wait to complete it if you can! Again, more info revealed soon
Per the Tribble patch notes, you will be able to get in without having the Daily picked up! Social maps rock!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-23-2012, 12:48 AM
I always get timezone calculations wrong. Can someone post "X hours from now" so I know ? Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-23-2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKcS View Post
I always get timezone calculations wrong. Can someone post "X hours from now" so I know ? Thanks
Here's a quick tip for checking another timezone if you're using Win 7:

Click the clock on your taskbar and go to "Change Time and Date Settings"
Now go ahead and click the "Additional Clocks" tab
Here, you can set up other various timezone clocks.

Click the Checkbox next to "Show this Clock"
For GMT Time, Select (UTC)Coordinated Universal Time in the "Select Time Zone" dropdown menu.
Name the Clock GMT, or whatever you like

Hit Ok/Apply. Now, Whenever you mouse over your taskbar clock, you'll be able to see Your Local Time AND the current GMT Time at a glance.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-23-2012, 02:39 AM
Nvm Had to find right time zone.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky.abigail View Post
Sorry for the noob questions, but how does one participate in this event? Do we all have to meet up somewhere, and where, or does the mission appear in the PvE queue or something? And what's the Dilithium Mining daily mission?
Speak to Isihl, in your 'Avilable Missions' tab, and accept the Asteroid Mining mission, and head to the asteroid belt near DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-23-2012, 11:31 AM
why is the daily event 7pm-8pm GMT and the Devs event 8pm-9pm

If you can only do this once in 24 hours isnt this unfair? making us miss t he dilithium mining scheduled event on the mission lists :S
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjaneway
why is the daily event 7pm-8pm GMT and the Devs event 8pm-9pm

If you can only do this once in 24 hours isnt this unfair? making us miss t he dilithium mining scheduled event on the mission lists :S
I was wondering about this also. Has the event been brought forward an hour or do we miss this daily event for the Dev event?
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-23-2012, 11:42 AM
That's what I don't understand I am going to take a gamble and let my main character wait until 8pm and do the daily with another character just in case to see what the Daily offers over doing the mission outside of the daily.
Closed Thread