Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 51 muchos grassyass
03-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks Brandon!

Sadly I will be at work for several more hours (like you). I'm sure our fleeties will love the new mish!

Keep up the good work =D
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-23-2012, 02:17 PM
A Quick note for anyone wanting to attend the Dev Mining Event:

The Asteroid Instances only have a population limit of 20 people each.

If you can't get in, Don't worry-You can still join in via zone chat
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameRedacted
A Quick note for anyone wanting to attend the Dev Mining Event:

The Asteroid Instances only have a population limit of 20 people each.

If you can't get in, Don't worry-You can still join in via zone chat
Thanks for posting this As I mentioned in the OP, we are in Zone chat hanging out, come and join if you can.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-23-2012, 02:49 PM
This was a fun little mini-mission. However, I personally think that the amount of Dilithium you get should be slightly increased. I've seen a lot of people in Zone Chat saying that they won't be doing it again etc. because the rewards weren't worth the effort of travelling to the destination and having to wait the 20hrs before they can repeat. I can sort of see where they are coming from although, I will be doing it everyday for the shear fun of what the mission offers in the terms of Low-G Bouncing and Flying around etc. I get a kick outta that lol.

But yea, the Dilithium rewards should be increased to something like a minimum of 600 or 700 to make it worth while for some. At least this way the reward for effort would be worth AT LEAST 2 or 3 c-points at the exchange which is far from a hell of a lot. But as it stands it'd be double of what it would be worth now.

Apart from that 2cents of my reward opinion, I did come across a slight Bug as a FED player. When I got to the 5th mine and completed the cycle, I was still stuck at 4/5 complete until I retried it. On the second attempt it was successful and I got 5/5. Nothing major but just thought I'd point it out.

In a nut shell - The mission was fun although not as rewarding as I would like it to be and had a minor bug. And additionally, I'd really like to see the whole EVA concept expanded upon with various missions such as maybe Low/Zero-G combat etc.

Anyway, Keep up the good work! This was a nice little addition!
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-23-2012, 02:52 PM
im gonna ask the question here that i asked several times on the zone chat without response from branflakes.

Is this event going to have a dilthium increase? compared to the other dilthium events (particle scanning and mirror events...) this one is not really worth playing because of the small yield for 5 tries over a variable yield from the mini game.
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-23-2012, 02:53 PM
While I find the dilithium reward very underwhelming for this mission, I enjoyed bouncing around on an asteroid, and I hope you guys find a way to have something closer to a zero-G environment in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d
I did come across a slight Bug as a FED player. When I got to the 5th mine and completed the cycle, I was still stuck at 4/5 complete until I retried it. On the second attempt it was successful and I got 5/5. Nothing major but just thought I'd point it out.
I had the same problem on several Feds, one node got scanned 3 times before it counted. And all 3 of my Klingon toons scanned 5 nodes and got Dil from them but stuck at 4/5 with no more circles on the mini-map and no active nodes.

If they added a 500 Dil reward for completing the mission this would be lots of fun AND profitable... once the bugs are fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Well that was a waste of my time for so little dill.

I could of been doing elite stf and getting more dilll and better rewards.

Make the Dill we get 1100 then it will be a amazing daily.
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Brandon

I guess this has been pointed out already, but when you arrive at the asteroid belt, the System Info box has two buttons to enter the Mining facility. I presume this isn't intended or are there 2 instances?

Also I noticed on my klink that the 4/5 unable to complete issue seemed to occur for me at the 3rd mine - it gave me dilithium but did not increase my count from 2/5 to 3/5. My count went to 3/5 at the 4th mine and 4/5 at the 5th mine.

Also on a couple of characters I had to mine the same spot twice to get any dilithium to register at all and increase the count. Seems sometimes the mini game isn't communicating results to whatever it needs to in order to update quest/rewards.

Oh and also perhaps add some instructions in small simple words for the hard of thinking. I was shocked by the number of people in zone chat who couldnt figure out anything without being told: how i get quest? how i get suit? how i use suit? how i mine? how i sit right way on toilet?. While I would prefer not to spoon feed the slow of mind, if it clears up zone chat for chatting then I am all for a simple intro tutorial the first time you visit the asteroid.
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-23-2012, 05:01 PM
The PDT/EDT timeslot of the event begins in just 1 hour! See you all on the asteroid then.

Also, sorry if I missed your questions in Zone chat, it was zooming by a 100 miles a second. Also, the bugs you are talking about, and providing more info about the mission/ how to complete it, should all be coming soon The team is aware and is grateful for the feedback.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Closed Thread