Lt. Commander
So... want to feel better about yourself?

I stupidly sold 14 keys on the exchange for less than a mil.

No sooner did I place the items did it get sold. It was immediate.

Tired to reason with the buyer to no avail.

He was in his right, although he didn't even respond to a single tell. So what can you do besides whine? After pleading with no responses I told the guy to go fornicate himself (I was upset).
As frustrated as I was with this guys lack of pity for his fellow man, I was more upset at myself for the mistake and wishing there was a safeguard to protect items just in case for errors like mine.
An "are you sure" button, or at the very least giving the item(s) a wait period of at least a minute or two before they can be purchased.

I know that when selling multiples of an item you're given a window to adjust how many you sell at a time, I just goofed. I thought I had adjusted the amount I was selling, then the next thing you know, I put the price down, hit enter and boom, gone.

I've no one but myself to blame but, dammit if this doesn't suck.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_Shepherd
So... want to feel better about yourself?

I stupidly sold 14 keys on the exchange for less than a mil.

No sooner did I place the item did it get sold. It was immediate.

Tired to reason with the buyer to no avail.

He was in his right, although he didn't even respond to a single tell. So what can you do besides whine? After pleading with no responses I told the guy to go fornicate himself (I was upset). As frustrated as I was with this guys lack of pity for his fellow man, I was more upset at myself for the mistake and wishing there was a safeguard to protect items just in case of errors like mine.
An "are you sure" button, or at the very least giving the item(s) a wait period of at least a minute or two before they can be purchased.

I know that when selling multiples of an item you're given a window to adjust how many you sell at a time, I just goofed. I thought I had adjusted the amount I was selling, then the next thing you know, I put the price down, hit enter and boom, gone.

I've no one but myself to blame but, dammit if this doesn't suck.

I learned my lesson when on one of the older toons I had about a half dozen rare turrets I didn't need or want, and was selling them on the Exchange at about 3am in the middle of the night.

In a sleepy haze I missed out one or two zeroes in the price entry and oh no! Free turrets for all

So yes I remind myself to double check the pricing especially if its night and my eyes are blurry from staring at the screen for hours.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2012, 12:26 AM
I doubt you'll get many serious responses in Ten Forward but I agree, there should be a warning notice before selling anything
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2012, 12:28 AM
It wouldn't be as bothersome had it not been keys that I spent real money on.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2012, 06:11 AM
*Place items on Exchange*

[ Are you sure? ]

*Yes*

[ Are you sure, your sure? ]

*Yes*

[ How can you be really sure though? ]

*I just am*

[ Alright, For final Confirmation - Please enter the first and last digits of your star ship registry code. ]

*9, 6*

[ Are you sure? ]

.... >.>
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-03-2012, 06:17 AM
And I did feel bad sending 30 units of contraband to someone instead of myself for I confused my Charname with my Handle. You made me feel better. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-03-2012, 06:27 AM
Whew, I was worried this thread would be about me for a second. Last night, I bought a Mk XI disruptor console for 6,400 on the exchange and resold it less than 10 minutes later for 160,000. :p No one sent me any tells about it though.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-03-2012, 07:09 AM
I've done that in WoW before, selling a 1000 gold item for 100 gold. Luckily the price wasn't too bad of a loss.

I almost did it again, too. I was dangerously close to selling a Powered Alien Artifact for 140,000 EC. I'd never listed anything above 1mil before, so I had a lapse of intelligence and forgot to check the number of zeroes. Luckily I caught it sitting at the top of my auctions list and I was like "What's that doing there?"
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daidarabotchi
And I did feel bad sending 30 units of contraband to someone instead of myself for I confused my Charname with my Handle. You made me feel better. Thanks.
It's why I exist.

My luck is extraordinary. It always balances itself out.

With the rest of my keys that I sold (among other things), I bought a very rare MK XII antiproton mag regulator for 50 mil EC. Now I gotta save up for another one (70 mil atm). Would be at least 13 mil EC along to the next one, but just gotta shrug it off and keep on keepin' on.