Lt. Commander
# 91
03-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
We've started at somewhat high costs since it is much more palatable to players to lower the costs for things like this than raise them; we will continue to assess where things are, and changes are certainly possible.
I didn't really want to bring this up, but the cost is actually low. If we assume you buy the 5 for a purple blues from Ferra, that's 30k Dil for a purple (its 25k if you work your way up from 25 greens). At an exchange rate of 250 Dil to C, that's 120 C Points per purple. I don't know about you, but spending less CPoints than a CStore Pack costs to get a purple is awesome.
Quote:
The primary Personnel Officer is near the standard duty officer contact. The species specific Personnel Officers are scattered around the two Academies. There are Personnel Officers for Andorians, Tellarites, Vulcans, Orions, Nausicaans and Gorn.
Maybe I'm blind, but I didn't see any new interactable NPCs other than the generic Recruiter next to Ferra.
Lt. Commander
# 92
03-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Ok, I completely understand the 'we want to use the ship interior for something' motivation. It would be nice to have a reason to wander around my ship.

I think we can all agree that the imposed grind of the new system as it currently stands is excessive.

So, solution:
-You can check all the duty officer contact's assignment lists from your ready room.
-To actually start an assignment, you have to go to that officer's station.

Benefits:
(1) Reduces grind time substantially.
(2) You still have to wander the ship but...
(3) You only need to wander the ship when there's an assignment you want to start.

So the goal of having us use our ship interiors is met, but the time just spent checking assignment availability is reduced to a sane amount.
Lt. Commander
# 93
03-21-2012, 07:38 PM
It'd be nice to have some sort of cooldown indicator for the menu-selected missions that have them. It's kind of annoying to have no way to tell if I can actually start a mission but to assign people and see if it works or not.

Also, "Changed offending Bajoran Male Counselor name after said Counselor's attempt to provide therapy to a human crewmember resulted in gales of laughter that were not able to be ceased until the Bajoran counselor fled the room red-faced." is the best patch note I've ever seen in a game.

-Morgan.
Lt. Commander
# 94
03-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Over all it's great! Two things though.

1) Please remove the non-canon uniforms from my TOS Constitution Bridge. It was the one location I could go and be totally emersed in TOS outside of the two Dividian series episodes. It ruins the whole effect for me.

2) Personnel Officers for other speicies; besides those listed. If you can play as a speicies there should be a Personnel officer for them.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
Lt. Commander
# 95
03-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Are Doff missions all inside the ship now, or is it just additional ones on top of the typical stuff we've been seeing via the Doff interface?

Doff'in was a great way to to fill lulls in queues or while flying around in sector space. If it's now its own activity completely, despite the initial novelty of walking around my ships -- uniform and officer customization issues aside -- I can definitely see that kill my use of doff missions when this hits Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 96
03-22-2012, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post
Ok, I completely understand the 'we want to use the ship interior for something' motivation. It would be nice to have a reason to wander around my ship.

I think we can all agree that the imposed grind of the new system as it currently stands is excessive.

So, solution:
-You can check all the duty officer contact's assignment lists from your ready room.
-To actually start an assignment, you have to go to that officer's station.

Benefits:
(1) Reduces grind time substantially.
(2) You still have to wander the ship but...
(3) You only need to wander the ship when there's an assignment you want to start.

So the goal of having us use our ship interiors is met, but the time just spent checking assignment availability is reduced to a sane amount.
This +1 for sure
Lt. Commander
# 97
03-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
...Maybe the cost could come down a little bit. But attempting to otherwise game the outcome seems fraught with potential for exploitation.
I'm not for a free/cheap method of getting high quality DOffs. I just think Five DOffs+Dil for One Random +1Quality DOff "could come down a little bit".

Quote:
...Regarding the cost calculations, you could average out the deltas between tiers. 6 from uncommon to rare, 2 between rare and very rare. 6+2 = 8. 8/2 = 4. 4 times the cost would be a respectable compromise without making it too cheap. (You could also argue very rare is 12 times the cost of uncommon. So, 12 / 3 tiers (uncommon, rare, very rare) = 4).
I like your math, so agree when I originally suggested two, I was too low. Taking it down to four is better than five, so I like that too...

However... I would further (re)argue that purchasing the DOffs directly should be more expensive. Again, you get to chose your DOff. The fact that these assignments produce a random outcome should count in favor of lowering the price (again, chance for lemon). Sure you could sell/barter or otherwise "game" or work that lemon towards what you actually want, but that takes additional time/effort and should be considered. Factor in that there is a Dilithium Surcharge in addtion to the DOff cost... I think we can safely knock down that four some more.

Now Three (instead of five) DOffs+Dil for One Random +1Quality DOff is looking more and more like a sweet spot to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joiry View Post
I wonder how hard it is to add in the ability for a DOff mission to allow a selectable reward? Eg the the swap missions could offer you say 5 random doffs of the next level and you could choose one. It wouldn't always give you a choice you want, but would give some control.
I like this idea as it lends an element of choice, but I should expect this to be additional tech and therefore not likely to appear anytime soon, so not really a viable solution at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized
Are Doff missions all inside the ship now, or is it just additional ones on top of the typical stuff we've been seeing via the Doff interface? ...
DOffing will still be available out side your ship. These ship interior accessable DOff missions are just additional chances/sources.
Lt. Commander
# 98
03-22-2012, 09:25 AM
I am not looking forward to the timesuck that would be running around the entire ship. If they simply offer additional "instances", then that's cool, and it's on me at that point.

Having said that, I often fly small ships when I DoFF. Are we going to be gimped now, or can we at least get a "console" like the Jem and Cardi ship?
-ABM
Lt. Commander
# 99
03-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
That would be interesting, indeed. What is clear, from both Heretic's comments as well as the patch notes, the value given for both the effort expended and the cooldown is not sufficient. I agree. A few ideas to make this a better choice (some or all of them):

A.) Decrease the cooldown
B.) Add a High Yield (or Beam Overload for the beam equivalents) power the deployable can use at random (and on a reasonable cooldown)
C.) Increase the defense of the deployed turret.
D.) Increase the damage of the deployed turret. (They're doing this.)
E.) Increase the health of the deployed turret. (They're doing this.)

I would argue that B and C (in addition to D and E) would be better and prevent PvE and PvP deployable spam than A would.
Is Spam the issue? For these turrets, it's minimal. I would say that these being made of paper and with sooo much aggro they have a deployable life span of .03 nanoseconds.

I could deal with a shorter lifespan if they actually had some bite, but I think they need more than a simple [DMG] modifier....

-ABM
Lt. Commander
# 100
03-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Jerry
1) Please remove the non-canon uniforms from my TOS Constitution Bridge. It was the one location I could go and be totally emersed in TOS outside of the two Dividian series episodes. It ruins the whole effect for me.
We are working on this. We may not get it fixed before this stuff reaches Holodeck, but it is being worked on.