Lt. Commander
# 11
03-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix316 View Post
From the dialogue with Ambassador Surah, the Borg conference at DS9 is obviously set after the Breen series, but wouldn't this place it before it?
But there wasn't any problem with it being available to level 9 characters, where the Breen series is far beyond?

Also, what specifically ties the Breen series into "The 2800". I can't remember any specific dialogue, but then again, it's been over 6 weeks since I read the Deferi's responses.

If it's just the fact he's there, don't forget you meet him on K-7 for the diplomacy mission, so it's not that.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant797 View Post
Aww.. that wasn't a bug. It was a feature!
Yes, yes it was.. because you can't double click to equip items at the ship, just remove. you can double click to remove *and* equip when you're just nearby and have all your ships available.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
Duty Officers:
Apparently, a cap is necessary to prevent what you're suggesting. If you feel that cap is too low, what is acceptable in your opinion?
A cap on the exchange does nothing to prevent inflation, that's what EC sinks are for. You can't force ECs to have value by hard capping things; either a currency has value to players or it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roche_Furman
I think it's to prevent people from using the Exchange for item storage.
At 500 million EC, I can still store plenty of items on the exchange with no fear of anyone being dumb enough to actually buy them. Plus I can store these items in the mailbox, making them easily accessible to all of my other characters on an account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
Keep in mind people can still trade an item for currency for more than 500 million credits -- just not on the exchange.
Which means we'll start to get people spamming zone chat to sell items, plus anyone who has an item for sale that is worth >500 million ends up having to stand around for hours at a time looking for a buyer.

One of the things I've liked about this game over other MMOs is the exchange doesn't have any fees in place. That encourages players to actually use the exchange rather than spamming zone chat in an attempt to save a few credits.

At the moment, the only thing really effected by this 500 million cap would be the Jem'Hadar ship. However what about 6 months from now, when cryptic has introduced more lockbox ships, inflation has continued to rise, and possibly other ultra rare items have been introduced? I simply don't see any positive benefits from a change like this, and it could cause potential issues down the road.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-20-2012, 09:47 PM
EDIT: Beaten to it.

I'll just say that I like the sound of all the Duty Officer changes. Redownloading Tribble to check them out now
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-20-2012, 09:51 PM
to bad the FAW fix didn't make it in, completely understandable of course this build was proboly set in stone before the fix was even made. will be checking out the zoom though
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Added maximum auction price of 500,000,000.
... can you ad punctuation to the UI when entering values please?

Ship interior functionality!
... I hope the contacts offer the same functionality as the standard Boff UI.
I really don't have time to run around.

Added class specific objectives and accolades to Facility 4028.
... Ooooo what is it I wonder?
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-20-2012, 10:23 PM
War Zone missions are now daily missions.

From 30 min to daily? That should really kill the AFK folks.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-20-2012, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobkyou
I don't understand the point of this, some items are worth more than 500 mil EC such as the Jem'Hadar ship. Also since this game lacks significant sinks for EC, inflation is going to continue to push those values higher and higher.
It's only worth what people are willing to pay. If its been sitting in there since Christmas then you price is higher than it is worth. Same goes for the Galor, I sold mine for only 100M.

... although the new limit is a bit weird and I am not sure what they are trying to accomplish
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-20-2012, 10:25 PM
BRAVO for ship interior functionality! I look forward to more of that, as it makes it more in harmony with what we see on the shows and movies. I think it'd also be kinda cool to be able to play with the alerts on the ship interiors, maybe for a drill scenerio or dealing with an intruder.

I actually like that you can see all the ships when you open the status window near a ship selector person. It makes it easier to transfer consoles/weapons/equipment between two or more ships. It also makes it easier to rename a ship rather than having to go change to the particular ship, rename it, and change out again.

While I think on it, though, is there an ETA for resolution on the TNG series/movie combadge clipping issues, or the missing neck/shoulder and lower leg/ankle spots for Trill characters?
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
But there wasn't any problem with it being available to level 9 characters, where the Breen series is far beyond?

Also, what specifically ties the Breen series into "The 2800". I can't remember any specific dialogue, but then again, it's been over 6 weeks since I read the Deferi's responses.

If it's just the fact he's there, don't forget you meet him on K-7 for the diplomacy mission, so it's not that.
You're right that the Deferi don't seem related to the Borg situation from the Breen feature series. However, the Deferi are tied into the Borg conference due to the periodic Borg invasion of Defera events.