Always happy to see pages and pages of DoFF updates.
Meh. The doff system is only a minor diversion, a means to get specific doffs (shield distro, anyone) for me anyway. It's actually quite bothersome to me that it's really the only aspect of the game that regularly gets love lately.
The Type 6 material is now available on the Advanced Odyssey Cruiser.
Last I heard, the plan was that Material 6 was supposed to be unlocked for all ships once someone bought a ship that came with it. Any word on the progress of this? I'd like to use Type 6 with my mix-and-match ship parts!
I love the new interior assignments. Very good idea to interact with your interior since it was a useless place before.
Nevertheless I have a few points to say:
1. I went into the Mess Hall and the Bartender and Chef had menues with ingredients to sell.
Nevertheless I would ask if we could get as many of them as possible added into their menue since they are not selling all of the basic stuff.
Livanian Beet, Zabu etc... At least all of the uncommon ingredients. That would be nice and would make more sense since you pick up the assignment on board and then have to jump out to a vendor or exchange and then come back and start the mission. I think that eliminates some kind of the purpose of the newly implemented feature
2. I noticed that assignments such as from the counselor are greyed out after clicking on them. I get the message that they have been added to my assignments, but what if I decide not to start them? They are still greyed out. Does this mean they are lost forever or will they show up automatically some cycle?
Better communication please!
3. I saw that we can now change ships on board now? Hadn't noticed that before. Could we please get an Exchange and Bank access on board please. It cannot be that hard and makes no sense that we cannot even access our bank/fleet bank on board!!!
Btw: The Bank access on SFA still does not have the sub-option to access fleet banks !
Asteroid Mining Daily.
I did it. Was ok, a minigame. Completed it and received what??? Nothing somehow. Only the small amount I mined during the five spots? Yeah, sorry, but not even slightly worth my time bothering to do this with no DL reward at the end...
- Transwarp to the Feature Episodes now again cost 18000+ EC. They were lowered to 100 EC on Holodeck! Please fix this before it goes live!
- Advanced Slipstream on Odyssey seems to stay active indefinetly until you manually cancel the drive.
- You can attack and kill both the Ferengi NPC and the Suits on the Asteroid mining base.
There are some great DOff changes here. However, I would suggest a few things:
1 - I know it makes sense for the Personal mission givers to be distributed over the ship in appropriate places, but I can see its going to get old real fast. It would be nice if I could access them all from one location. Also, consider moving the tactical & diplo mission givers out of the captain's office. I don't want them loitering around my space! Maybe the diplomatic mission giver is in fact your desk's comm station, and it brings up the federation envoy in a communication screen (would also make more sense). In general, I think the mission givers shouldn't be on the bridge - its bad enough there's some non-boffs on my bridge that aren't wearing my own uniform design, now I have these other NPC's ruining the look.
2 - I love that the "underperforming" change-ins have been added. I can finally balance out my crew how I want. Except for one thing - it would be nice to be able to choose both the species and gender of the new officer. I understand leaving the functional part random (ie specialization, traits) - but let us specify all the cosmestic aspects.