Lt. Commander
# 61
03-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
The Jem'Hadar and Galor can access the contacts via a console on their bridge.

Ironically, it's actually always been that way, or at least since before these changes which didn't touch those contacts, it's just that with this people are now noticing this.

Jheinig is looking into it to see if we can do about this.
Thanks for a swift reply. Can't wait to test later.

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 62
03-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Only having a bridge is a fair enough reason for it but I respectfully suggest it should be added on all bridges if one does not want to jog around the ship once every hour. Thats not to say I won't visit these locations once in a while and give orders personally or get a drink from the bar but it would be good.

Also I notice the Klingon chef can make you a meal of tribble (mabey even some fresh gagh as that's also an existing assignment) but the Fed one only has the chains that consume food. I'm sure they could whip up an exotic dish or two for the captains table
Lt. Commander
# 63
03-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Duty Officers:
  • For a price in Dilithium Personnel Officers can also convert five Duty Officers of one quality into a random Duty Officer of the next-higher quality.
  • Some species-specific Personnel Officers also exist that guarantee the new Duty Officer will be of particular species.
The more I think about this, the more I think it's too expensive. I have to trade in five DOffs and pay Dilithium to get a single +1 Quality DOff? And what's worse is that's it's completely random.

I don't know that +1 Quality is five times better than any other random DOff. Especially with the added "reassignment" Dil fee.

It might be one thing if I could go turn in five random blue DOffs, pay the fee, and hand-pick a specific Purple DOff. Maybe not exactly pick, but at least choose the Specialization (and race/traits could be random).

I know we can go to the other Personall Officer and select species (which at least weighs-in towards trait selection, not to mention those with an RP-slant -- I'll just say my Vulcan Captain/Ship/Crew is happy to see this option), and that's nice. But that's even more expensive, isn't it?

Any chance of getting the (Five+Dil = Random +1Q) turned into turning in fewer (say 2-3) DOffs?
Lt. Commander
# 64
03-21-2012, 12:49 PM
i think changing the price of those EV suits to a reasonable amount of latinum might be a good idea.

the suits should also yield better results (or the mining laser that comes with the suits to be precise). so by buying the best you will get better long term dilithium rewards.

having to defend the asteroid might be fun from time to time via random attacks.
Lt. Commander
# 65
03-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Actually, there are some species-specific Personnel Officers who for a slightly higher cost will guarantee species, at least.
Where can they be found at?
Lt. Commander
# 66
03-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:

Ironically, it's actually always been that way, or at least since before these changes which didn't touch those contacts, it's just that with the ship interior changes people are now noticing the uniforms.

Jheinig is looking into it to see if we can do about this, regardless.
Actually ... When I use to walk along the Connie interior after I first got it ... they were dressed in TOS garb. ... Not on the bridge, but elsewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 67
03-21-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm very excited to see this patch going up. At last we see tangible signs that Cryptic are addressing the kerfuffle that is ship interiors! I fully support the suggestion by Captain Revo of adding a "Go to Bridge" button inside the DOFF UI.

I really hope 2012 holds good to see tumerboy et al. get time to workout how we can DO interiors, i.e. for official and foundry missions by way of player arranged, crafted and purchased modular interior components - as well as crew uniforms.

I also hope that these DOFF contacts can be soon replaced by our Department Heads when that system gets going (I would also like the ability to select who is stationed on my bridge if the bridge supports more crew than an away team).

anyway...

*taps combadge **notices it makes a noise now!** "One to Beam Up, Directly to Tribble!"*

Lt. Commander
# 68
03-21-2012, 01:16 PM
New patch is up it seems.
Lt. Commander
# 69
03-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Up but Tribble is still closed for maintenance, I was looking forward to testing this stuff out too, bummer...
Lt. Commander
# 70
03-21-2012, 01:31 PM
"Modest buff to deployable Torp and energy weapon turrets (sic)"

Actually, just reducing their aggro somewhat would have sufficed. That or a more pronounced buff, because these buffs are nearly unnoticeable. use reduce their aggro so they aren't targeted quite as quickly...