Lt. Commander
# 81
03-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Is there a better place we can put the ready room people? It is discomforting to have people standing in my private office.

Also: Could you please put all the Belfast NPCs in DS9 uniforms and the fix the Constitution ones to be in TOS uniforms?
Lt. Commander
# 82
03-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badname834854
"Modest buff to deployable Torp and energy weapon turrets (sic)"

Actually, just reducing their aggro somewhat would have sufficed. That or a more pronounced buff, because these buffs are nearly unnoticeable. use reduce their aggro so they aren't targeted quite as quickly...
The problem with reducing aggro is it just addresses PvE, when where possible a more general solution is preferable.

In this case, I am perfectly willing to continue revisiting these until they are at a level of desireability warranted by the effort required to obtain them.
Lt. Commander
# 83
03-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari

To be clear, my point:
The price would not be bad for me if I could chose my payoff.
The price is too high if I'm getting a random reward.

That's just my opinion.
I wonder how hard it is to add in the ability for a DOff mission to allow a selectable reward? Eg the the swap missions could offer you say 5 random doffs of the next level and you could choose one. It wouldn't always give you a choice you want, but would give some control.
Lt. Commander
# 84
03-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stararmy View Post
Also: Could you please put all the Belfast NPCs in DS9 uniforms and the fix the Constitution ones to be in TOS uniforms?
I am going to say I do not want this, I have the Belfast Bridge and its 2408, not 2375.

Its fine as it is ... perhaps removing the references to the Defiant on the textures would be a better course of action.
Lt. Commander
# 85
03-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
The problem with reducing aggro is it just addresses PvE, when where possible a more general solution is preferable.

In this case, I am perfectly willing to continue revisiting these until they are at a level of desireability warranted by the effort required to obtain them.
Would increasing the defense stat of (or adding one to) said turrets be an option? I'm not quite talking on the level of high yield torpedoes. But, for a 5 minute cooldown, that isn't necessarily a bad idea either. To me, this would suggest either the cooldown is too long or the current state of the item is too weak.
Lt. Commander
# 86
03-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic

ABM here ~

My reply to this is that even in this pseudo-buffed state, they are useless in either situation
. As they stand currently, they are still pretty useless in PvE AND PvP. WHy not make them at least have some utility in one of these forums for now?

I do understand your concerns about messing with aggro - but that is the biggest issue.
Lt. Commander
# 87
03-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
Would increasing the defense stat of (or adding one to) said turrets be an option? I'm not quite talking on the level of high yield torpedoes. But, for a 5 minute cooldown, that isn't necessarily a bad idea either. To me, this would suggest either the cooldown is too long or the current state of the item is too weak.
DO the torp turrets even field a HY Torp buff ever? I thought only the NPC ones did.....
Lt. Commander
# 88
03-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
DO the torp turrets even field a HY Torp buff ever? I thought only the NPC ones did.....
That's not what I meant. I meant the destructible player torpedoes have a higher defense.
Lt. Commander
# 89
03-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
That's not what I meant. I meant the destructible player torpedoes have a higher defense.
Ah. Well, if the player-deployed ones DID get some version of HY (not the insane NPC ones necessarily, but something better than where they're at now...) that would go a long way to increasing their perceived value, if not their real value.
Lt. Commander
# 90
03-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Ah. Well, if the player-deployed ones DID get some version of HY (not the insane NPC ones necessarily, but something better than where they're at now...) that would go a long way to increasing their perceived value, if not their real value.
That would be interesting, indeed. What is clear, from both Heretic's comments as well as the patch notes, the value given for both the effort expended and the cooldown is not sufficient. I agree. A few ideas to make this a better choice (some or all of them):

A.) Decrease the cooldown
B.) Add a High Yield (or Beam Overload for the beam equivalents) power the deployable can use at random (and on a reasonable cooldown)
C.) Increase the defense of the deployed turret.
D.) Increase the damage of the deployed turret. (They're doing this.)
E.) Increase the health of the deployed turret. (They're doing this.)

I would argue that B and C (in addition to D and E) would be better and prevent PvE and PvP deployable spam than A would.