Lt. Commander
On the new Tribble build, the update timer for doff assignments ( at the bottom of the doff window) still says "Shipboard Update" rather than "Personal Update"

Screenshot

Also hard to tell if the "Shipboard Update" timer refers to Personal missions or ship interior missions. (Are they on a seperate or shared timer?)

Looks good so far!

Update 1: The Abort Assignment/Plan Assignment button at the bottom of the doff window has a sort of yellowish grey block covering it. Button still functions normally however.

Screenshot

Update 2: If you speak to your Doctor in sickbay, and click the "Assemble Hypo Pack" button then click cancel and not plan the assignment and close the window, you will be unable to click the "Assemble Hypo Pack" button again in the dialogue box as it will be greyed out. Though the missions can still be accessed from the general "Medical Assignments" Page.

Screenshot

Update 3: Also, the Doctor is missing the little blurb that explains that clicking Assignments from the dialogue window will add them to your Doff assignment window. (See the counsellor for a similar blurb in yellow writing). Perhaps removing the assignments from the dialogue box once clicked would limit clutter?

Screenshot
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm having a serious problem w/ the fact that the mission giving officers in my ship interior can't be customized. I didn't mind it so much when these guys were roaming the lower levels and I barely saw them but now I have to interact w/ them and to make it worse there are 2 in my ready room.

Please, either allow us to customize these mission givers as we would a BOFF OR allow us to select a BOFF from our roster to fill the position of the mission givers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Hopefully, they'll make each of the NPCs a BOFF that we assign as the "Department Head" in a future iteration. Customization is really key, but I like at least what they've started for the "first round".
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2012, 11:14 PM
Ok, I like the extra missions, I like that stuff still shows on the sector and personal tabs, but if the doff system lets me select dept heads and now I'm going to parts of my ship to talk to people acting as them, I want to see them in those spots. Other than that, good job so far. Oh and what the heck is the chef doing? It looks like he's bending over to barf, just have him stand there until someone fixes the scale of the stove.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm pleased to see these Doff Mission NPCs aboard my own starship. It's a step in the right direction.

I did wonder about the Diplomatic Envoy? Would we necessarily have a person with this title aboard a Starfleet vessel? As, technically, every Starfleet officer would likely fall under that title. I could more easily see out Captain's sitting at the Ready Room desk to access dipomacy Doff missions. As if our Captain had been contacted by Starfleet or the Federation Council to issue the orders.

The Tactical Contact, shouldn't be in the Ready Room at all. Is there a way to take over the template of our Tactical Department Head and just use that one on the Bridge itself?

I like the Doctor contact in Sickbay. It's more believable that this Doff contact might be a generic Doctor of the Medical staff and not necessarily our appointed Medical Department Head.

I like the Scientist contact in the Engineering Lab just wear it is.

The Engineering Operations officer might benefit from being placed at the 'pool table' console to the left of the door as we enter Engineering. Engineering is spacious I wouldn't mind a reason to visit a sub-level. Perhaps have the Engineer Contact examining one of the wall consoles on the second level?

I like the Chef and Bartender in our Crew Lounge. Though Wilv's suggestion comes to mind regarding customization here more than the overall crew. These positions could easily be any of our Starfleet crewmen if that is the theme for the player's crew. As well as Guinan-esque or Neelix-esque civilian NPCs. It would be fun to design them based upon player tastes. If not with this patch, will this possibility come to the game in the not-so-distant future?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Suggestion: Change the Chef NPC in th Mess Hall to a Talaxian and the bartender to a Ferengi :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Just tried out on Tribble and no offense to Heretic and the Team, but I HATE IT!

Sure we all want functionality but this is pure annoying having to run around our ships just for these missions when they were right there in front of you when you're searching the games other zones for DOFF missions. Especially during the Race, which it was purposely made for people to do!.

Ready Room:

GET THESE GUYS OUT OF MY READY ROOM! I don't want them there! Bet you guys didn't even think about the roleplayers who may want an empty ready room?

OPS: What is OPS doing in Engineering? OPS is on the Bridge! And why is Ops handling Development Missions? Isn't that a counselor's job? Ops is about Ship Functionality!

15 Minutes and 25 Dlithium for Hypos? Shield charges? Batteries?

1m Bartending for 100 Development? Isn't that going to be an OP issue with people doing that all day?

Dialogue Windows:

It's annoying have standard mission Windows, click on a tab to open the DOFF mission window. This needs to be drastically improved!

And these should be our Department heads we should be talking to, not strangers on our own ship!

BANK: Add a Banking and Exchange Terminal, else we have to zig-zig to HUBS to get these resources!

I'm giving this Interior DOFF system a D-. The team should've tested this out before throwing it at us on the Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Just tried out on Tribble and no offense to Heretic and the Team, but I HATE IT!

Sure we all want functionality but this is pure annoying having to run around our ships just for these missions when they were right there in front of you when you're searching the games other zones for DOFF missions. Especially during the Race, which it was purposely made for people to do!.

Ready Room:

GET THESE GUYS OUT OF MY READY ROOM! I don't want them there! Bet you guys didn't even think about the roleplayers who may want an empty ready room?

OPS: What is OPS doing in Engineering? OPS is on the Bridge! And why is Ops handling Development Missions? Isn't that a counselor's job? Ops is about Ship Functionality!

15 Minutes and 25 Dlithium for Hypos? Shield charges? Batteries?

1m Bartending for 100 Development? Isn't that going to be an OP issue with people doing that all day?

Dialogue Windows:

It's annoying have standard mission Windows, click on a tab to open the DOFF mission window. This needs to be drastically improved!

And these should be our Department heads we should be talking to, not strangers on our own ship!

I'm giving this Interior DOFF system a D-. The team should've tested this out before throwing it at us on the Holodeck.
Respectfully disagree. This was the whole point behind the argument to add interior functionality. If it can all be done from the sector space UI then there's no point to having a ship interior at all.

And with all due respect, not everyone is a role-player, I actually want more npc's that serve a purpose walking around the ship/ready room. Someday I'd like to see my doffs walking around the ship as well. I think this is a great first step.

I'd even say take it a step further and add some daily quests that can only be accessed from the ship interior. (And show some of these events on the "Today's Events" list under the "Hail Starfleet" window.

But I do respect your opinion and understand what you mean.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-21-2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtooDetoo
Respectfully disagree. This was the whole point behind the argument to add interior functionality. If it can all be done from the sector space UI then there's no point to having a ship interior at all.

And with all due respect, not everyone is a role-player, I actually want more npc's that serve a purpose walking around the ship/ready room. Someday I'd like to see my doffs walking around the ship as well. I think this is a great first step.

I'd even say take it a step further and add some daily quests that can only be accessed from the ship interior. (And show some of these events on the "Today's Events" list under the "Hail Starfleet" window.

But I do respect your opinion and understand what you mean.
I get what they are trying to do, after all people have been begging for some functionality to ship interiors other than the occasional party. I personally enjoyed going IN my ready room to replay missions. It seems a bit of a contradiction that they remove THAT feature in order to simplify replay and then implement THIS elaborate way to do DOFF missions that were once simple to obtain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtooDetoo
Suggestion: Change the Chef NPC in th Mess Hall to a Talaxian and the bartender to a Ferengi :p
OR allow us to customize these officers so we can choose what species they are or what they will wear.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-21-2012, 12:28 AM
Roleplayers would be better off with a foundry mission that simply emulates the ship empty, requiring all ships to be empty so you can roleplay its asking that ship interior never be functional.

The only problem I have with this system is the huge interiors of the ships, its a good idea but as it stands the interiors simply are not effective and changes should be done, like giving the Councilor their offices/room (as there is space in the map for it) and make sure we dont have to walk 2 minutes to reach the engineering section.

In fact I neglected to see how this is working on the Belfast interior that, naturally, lacks the kitchen and bar.