Lt. Commander
THe last two nights now after 1 am I get CONSTANTLY Disconnected.

This ONLY happens at night and ONLY after 1am.

1. No it's not my connection, I've run every speed and signal strength test I can and there's no significant deviation from the daytime.

2. yes, I am running wireless, I have ALWAYS run wireless and this issue has only just started.

This has cost me TWO Elite STF's and while that annoys me, what really ****es me off is that it's more than likely resulted in my team mates getting hosed.

Please tell me I'm not the only person running into this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2012, 06:20 AM
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2012, 06:38 AM
Never had this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2012, 07:12 AM
Cryptic has started using technology that detects who would get aggrivated most by disconnects and drops them from the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic
THe last two nights now after 1 am I get CONSTANTLY Disconnected.

This ONLY happens at night and ONLY after 1am.

1. No it's not my connection, I've run every speed and signal strength test I can and there's no significant deviation from the daytime.

2. yes, I am running wireless, I have ALWAYS run wireless and this issue has only just started.

This has cost me TWO Elite STF's and while that annoys me, what really ****es me off is that it's more than likely resulted in my team mates getting hosed.

Please tell me I'm not the only person running into this?
By definition getting disconnected is an issue with your connection. So either you're not getting disconnected but are instead having another issue and are confusing the two, or you're having an issue with your connection to the game.

Since you say that all the tests you run on you connection say that you remain the same as other times, which would be connected by the way, I'm guessing that you're really not getting disconnected and are confusing disconnected with something else. Thus, more information on what you're actually experiencing may be helpful.

Of course, it's also possible that you have no clue how internet routing works and the tests you ran aren't relevant to the issue, and then helping you will be hopeless.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2012, 10:19 AM
First try too reset your modem first and see if that helps then empty out your DNS its probably full of junk.

Or in windows 7 go too your command promp.
Go too Start then run then type CMD then in the black box type

Ipconfig /Flushdns

This will help out your internet cache.

Then go into your temp folder

Go too start then run the type this

%temp%

And Delete every thing in your temp folder that's all a temp folder is a Temp is holds nothing but junk files and can clog up the system.

And all so check too make sure you selected yes for the firewall on the game that can all so effect it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myt00n
By definition getting disconnected is an issue with your connection. So either you're not getting disconnected but are instead having another issue and are confusing the two, or you're having an issue with your connection to the game.

Since you say that all the tests you run on you connection say that you remain the same as other times, which would be connected by the way, I'm guessing that you're really not getting disconnected and are confusing disconnected with something else. Thus, more information on what you're actually experiencing may be helpful.

Of course, it's also possible that you have no clue how internet routing works and the tests you ran aren't relevant to the issue, and then helping you will be hopeless.
blatant assumption.

unless his internet totally dropped he likely has just been dropped from the game.
it's happened to me several times in the past week where the gane will lag, then give a server communication error and drop me to the login screen.

My internet is still up and speedtests at the connection max with sub 30ms letency.

Don't assume it's the OP's net connection when we all know STO has been having near biweekly crashes for the last few months.

They've confirmed it to be a database anomoly and not a server issue which could easily kick out some but not others.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Yeah I had it for a couple nights as well, but last night was better.
It was really annoying as I was trying to finish the 2800 and I'd get like halfway through a mission and it'd start choking.
Lt. Commander
# 9 ...and if all else fails...
03-21-2012, 05:03 PM
And if all else fails, it must be time to break out the women of ill repute and crystalline tropane alkaloids!

Won't fix STO, but you'll feel better about life

Seriously, though, have you tried running the game through a proxy? The options to do so are within the launcher itself. If I remember correctly...click "options" and I think it's there. Might be worth a try, but I guarantee nothing...

Good luck
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Hmm i am going to say this STO has much better Connection the pirates of the caribbean online does that game lags like crazy bad even with a good video card like mine.