Lt. Commander
# 11
03-22-2012, 06:03 AM
Actually it may not be your connection or Cryptic's at all, but the connection in between

My suggestion is to follow this post http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=225155 and make an update to this thread It gives vital information to start with.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogurt21
blatant assumption.

unless his internet totally dropped he likely has just been dropped from the game.
it's happened to me several times in the past week where the gane will lag, then give a server communication error and drop me to the login screen.

My internet is still up and speedtests at the connection max with sub 30ms letency.

Don't assume it's the OP's net connection when we all know STO has been having near biweekly crashes for the last few months.

They've confirmed it to be a database anomoly and not a server issue which could easily kick out some but not others.

That's the problem I was having exactly. Lag, stall, Server not responding, log-in screen.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-23-2012, 09:18 PM
I've been having the issue also of disconnecting often. I sign in, play sometimes for 10 seconds and lose connection or play for 10 minutes then lose connection. I ran the two suggested test and the one i show having issues with is the 'nettest' test I run, it is either lower than it should be or non-exsistant completely (doesn't complete the action)
I've contacted my ISP (AT&T) and they are not helpful at all... also non-exsistant.
I get rubber banding also and have lost characters magically... so I wonder if some of this is server side and some the connection between them and I.
Good luck for those having this issue. I know I need it!