Lt. Commander
# 1 Dilithium Mining Feedback
03-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Great new minigame, few bugs I thought I'd mention though:

After calibrating the triangle 3 or 4 times and matching it with the target, the minigame stopped randomizing the target. So all I could do was watch the counter count down since there was no longer anything to match up.

Also, the score system didn't seem to be working for me.

Additionally, the minimap inside the ship shows the mining sites as being inside the ship, when in reality they are on the outside of the ship. The minimap for the ship is also extremely blurry and seems to be partially pasted overtop of the asteroid minimap.

Other than that though, it was quite fun and different!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2012, 01:42 AM
I would not call this new daily "exciting". Put on the suit and go into space to do a moonwalk to a dark purple rock. You watch a trigram spin over a pattern and you line it up and rack points until it spazzastically moves again like a schizo. Then you line it up again. A guaranteed 5 minutes gone for maybe 480 Dill and a random particle signature. Maybe there's double dill rewards during the event.

Someone is obviously going to work it into their dill farm rotation. I can't see myself getting worked up about this. But hey, its either this or watch tribble movie titles in DS9 chat. Not much of a choice really.

Oh, and its jammed into Beta Urasae. GET NEW SECTORS ALREADY!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2012, 01:56 AM
Either I'm doing it wrong or there is a bug. I put on a suit and click exit airlock. It tells me I need to put on a suit first.
Since it's only Tribble dilithium i bought one of the new suits. The cheapast out side of the used one, are those not hooked up yet in some way to the mission progress?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2012, 01:58 AM
remember to activate your eva suit - just putting it on doesn't cut it in open space - you have to switch the bleeder on too
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2012, 01:59 AM
All in all a nice little game. I don't know if I will play it on a regular base but I will probably squeeze it in whenever I have to wait on something.

During my test I encountered 2 bugs.

First the big bad potential game breaking bug.
In short the suits you can buy at the Ferengi do not work. I was only able to test the orange and the basic variant but even when activated I can not exit the airlock. They will show the graphic but if I want to exit the msg pops up telling me to activate my suit. Beaming out/in didn't help, neither did log off/in. On the other hand as soon as I use the FE-suit it works fine. If you played the FE, there won't be any problem but players who haven't or dismissed their FE-suit can't participate.

Second bug:
Only a minor issue but the laser drill doesn't always show up.

[Edit]
Not really a but but wouldn't it make more sense to have two boxes of mining equipment in the airlock instead of two weapon boxes? Maybe a box with a mining laser in it?

Also another idea would be to sell different variants of mining lasers. Some give you more time, others make the game easier or increase your points/dilithium. You could sell them for GPL *cough*. I don't know if this would be technical possible, but I think it would give the game more depth.

Furthermore a ranking would be great. Day/Month/All time best to start with. Find out who is the best miner in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2012, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liath
remember to activate your eva suit - just putting it on doesn't cut it in open space - you have to switch the bleeder on too
I did. I got the full costume and sound on, still no exit possible.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-21-2012, 03:01 AM
Ok, so aside form the couple of bugs already mentioned.. though i heard about the suit one, so i side stepped that by recopying my character from live... so anyway about the minigame.
It took me a few to figure it out, the wording is a little vague, and well I thought the up and down maybe didn't do anything since they just looked like triangles, but i figured it out! yay! and then it was alot of fun! lol It's a good little minigame, and I actually quite enjoyed it, and bouncing around on the asteroids surface.. so.. that was great. Good Job!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-21-2012, 03:14 AM
there needs to be a cap raise. I mean from 8000 dilithium to like say 20,000 a day. 8,000 a day is low. and if you are doing a mining event event dont you think we should be able to refine more.....
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-21-2012, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
Either I'm doing it wrong or there is a bug. I put on a suit and click exit airlock. It tells me I need to put on a suit first.
Since it's only Tribble dilithium i bought one of the new suits. The cheapest out side of the used one, are those not hooked up yet in some way to the mission progress?
It's a known bug that we reported and posted earlier. I tried the used suit and the orange suit and neither worked for me. Even though we hear the pressurization whoosh and the helmet light comes on. I understood from TTS that anyone who copied over after doing The 2800 had no problems using the EV suit reward from that.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-21-2012, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
I did. I got the full costume and sound on, still no exit possible.
Same here.

However, that is simply a problem with the suits sold there. (Ferengi, tsee!). Doing the Boldly They Rode mission up to the point where you get the suit, and then abort it, will give you the fully functional Jem'Hadar suit.

Gravity of the astroid is too high - either gravity should be a lot less, or using the EVA suit thrusters should not carry you that far.