Lt. Commander
# 11
03-21-2012, 04:52 AM
The mining laser animation only played the first time I engaged.

Also, would it be possible to add the mining game to existing space and ground environments? Like what we currently have for scan anomalies.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-21-2012, 05:56 AM
KDF players can attack and kill the NPC ferengi vendor in the station. They can also attack the suits on the wall racks. The suits then come down off the wall and are animated (as if there was a person inside).
5 mins and they respawn, etc
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-21-2012, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
KDF players can attack and kill the NPC ferengi vendor in the station. They can also attack the suits on the wall racks. The suits then come down off the wall and are animated (as if there was a person inside).
5 mins and they respawn, etc
lol

That sounds like a good scare!
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-21-2012, 07:28 AM
To all people having trouble leaving the airlock - use the EVA Suit you got from Boldly They Rode mission, as the one purchased for 100 dilith doesn't work.

As for the daily... Such a waste of time...

No, really, the location, visual effects, the minigame and the idea alone are great. But for something that took me about 15min (I guess you could do it in less, as this was my first approach) the rewards are not worth it.

I got a hold of the minigame pretty quickly, and by using the arrow keys I was able to get around 700 points per site (not counting the first try). And by doing all five I got... wait for it... 400 dilithium ORE total, plus a couple anomalies.

So... let's say I've got 30min to spare. Should I spend it by going to some moon mining ~500 dilithium for several minutes, or just go to Eta Eridani and do the three dailies there, each giving 480 dilithium ore, which can be completed in 2-4min each? Not to mention, doing an Elite STF like Infected, which should take about 10-15min, giving 1100 dilithium + other rewards.

And the EVA Suits that can be purchased for Dilithium are all the same, only with different colour. Oh gee, I surely want that... not...

The moment I started doing the daily I was really pleased in general, but for something that is supposed to give players a way to earn dilithium this is not time spent well. If the dilithium amounts rewarded are not increased, I don't see myself doing the mission at all - even if the planned weekend is supposed to double that, or something.

As for the bugs, the EVA Suit for 100 dilith doesn't allow you to leave the airlock, as I said in the beginning. Furthermore, I got the drilling animation only once, during my fifth attempt.

In general - awesome idea, awesome realisation, but rewards are not worth players' time in the end.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Nice little Mission, good Idea and acceptable designed BUT...

#1: The Dilithium Reward is very Small (for a Daily)
#2: Not seen any Accolade yet, like " Mining 270/5000 Dilithium" and more
#3: There is absolutly no Reason to buy the EVA-Suit for 300K or 350k Dilithium.
It has the same stats as the 100 Dilithium Pre-Owned EVA-Suit.
If there would be better resistance, the Ability to Fly larger Distances (maybe with integrated "Rocket-Backpack") or Mining more Dilithium at one Workstep (cause it has a better Mining Laser), or some of that Kind, that could be a reason to buy a more Expensive EVA-Suit.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowkiller75
there needs to be a cap raise. I mean from 8000 dilithium to like say 20,000 a day. 8,000 a day is low. and if you are doing a mining event event dont you think we should be able to refine more.....
I don't think there's any need to raise the cap. With the Ker'rat mission going once a day, the mining event pushing out pathetic amounts of dilithium. I am completely underwhelmed at the rewards for this daily. It was well put together. If you discount the fact that the EVA suits avail in the airlock are useless, and you have to use the one aquired from the 2800 mission series, this was put together well. I liked looking up to see the Ferengi ship. I made it to the third rock, saw the output, laughed at that, then left. This was a complete waste of time. There needs to be a better reward for pounding my face on the keyboard for this "Exciting" event/mission.
Over all. Well put together, but will ignore this like Ker'rat and EVERY fleet action from now on.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Based on what I have read so far, and the fact that I cannot do this with the suits for sale, I am not inclined to even attempt this. Why bother messing with something new when it does not work and the rewards are minimal?
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-21-2012, 10:47 AM
I used the orange suit on Tribble... but BranFlakes was manually making people exit, I think.

I only got the mining animation the first time I used it.

Another slightly annoying thing was how quick to change the minigame was once I got it locked on.... sometimes it only lasted for half a second, no matter how quickly I locked the reticule on. I think there needs to be a minimum amount of locked on time... enough for at least 1 or 2 ticks of the score counter.

But still, a nice change of pace.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Just so everyone knows, there's a known issue in this build that the mining stuff doesn't work with all the suits. That's already fixed and on its way to Tribble soon.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-21-2012, 11:23 AM
When I attempted to do it, it only 4/5 mining areas.

I could then no longer mine at all.