Lt. Commander
# 12
03-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
plasma disruptors > phased polarons

You are farming the wrong weapons imo.

That Jem'Hadar set is meh @ lvl 50.
Even for an science energy drain build? I was hoping it would work nice with siphon drones, plus a couple consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:

Yeah but its an easy to get set you do running normal missions anyways. Maybe 3-4 hours to run the entire story sequence plus an extra Operation Gamma run plus farming 4 of the weapons? Shield is meh but the engines are good and the deflector is good for certain powers. Yeah it isn't MACO but don't have to run dozens and dozens of STFs to get it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:

both proc's the phased polarons have are buffed by flow capacitors, major bang for buck there. i disagree
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-24-2012, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
both proc's the phased polarons have are buffed by flow capacitors, major bang for buck there. i disagree
And, the Jem set provides another polaron buff beyond what just consoles have. There's no disruptor or plasma buff set yet.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Doesn't matter guys. You hit so hard and shields are not even an issue. What's the point of being a stripper if you have no punch beyond that.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Doesn't matter guys. You hit so hard and shields are not even an issue. What's the point of being a stripper if you have no punch beyond that.
the plasma disruptors no longer have the broken [dam]x10 modifier, they do stranded damage again
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Not everything just sits there and takes it, cubes and the unimatrix bosses from sector attacks are good at transfering shield power. Some people actually pvp...where if you get a opponent who lets you stick on one shield they are a moron.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-25-2012, 09:59 PM
I've parsed every MK XI weapon against them with builds designed around the weapon I was testing and the Plasma-Disruptors win every time.

The fixed modifier doesn't matter. They still out preform other MKXI. Outparsing other members of my group by 4k a second and doing typically 2 million more points of dmg by the time the mission is finished really drives it home.

It really doesn't matter to me what you want to use. It's your game, do what makes you feel good. I was only pointing out that between the hybrid choices, the Plasma-Disruptor completely owns the Phased Polaron, regardless of the set bonus.

@Sorotia, unless the Topic states PvP or the reply says PvP directly, you know they are talking about PvE. PvP is like an entirely different game. The best PvP builds are the ones that are team based. What I mean by that is if you and I were on a team, we want our builds to complement each other.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Also don't forget that the Flow Capacitor skill and the Science Console boost the energy drain of the weapons.