Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-21-2012, 02:44 PM
I don't know how many threads I have seen about the invisible torpedo of doom, yet never seen one response from Cryptic on the matter. It is very obvious that this IS working as intended.. and they put that in game to really just screw with us. Either that or its their idea of a challenge.. which we all know Grave yarding something in a MMO isn't a challenge, its laziness in its creation.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-21-2012, 02:50 PM
There has been a response about the Invisible Heavy plasma torpedo and a fix is in the works.
Borticus Cryptic is working on this problem
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by japfi
I don't know how many threads I have seen about the invisible torpedo of doom, yet never seen one response from Cryptic on the matter. It is very obvious that this IS working as intended.. and they put that in game to really just screw with us. Either that or its their idea of a challenge.. which we all know Grave yarding something in a MMO isn't a challenge, its laziness in its creation.
There has been a response, not sure if it was a thread though, I believe it was on an episode of stoked. Something about graphic priority levels, torpedo's sharing the highest level but many other things are set on the highest level also. Kinda like how sometimes my quantum's aren't shown in STF's and it looks like my ship is blowing bubbles LOL!
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adola
Kinda like how sometimes my quantum's aren't shown in STF's and it looks like my ship is blowing bubbles LOL!
Wait you mean the bubbles arent normal? I thought my doffs had just finished washing the torps and i fired them to early before they dried.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-22-2012, 05:29 AM
I've gotten used to inevitable unexplainable death syndrome. I've noticed it doesn't seem to happen when lots of FAW and AOE is going on though. I could just be imagining that, but this leads me to believe the notion that some heavy plasma torpedos aren't rendering because so much is set to "highest priority" that not all of it will render on some machines.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-22-2012, 06:32 AM
When you survive that nasty hit, you do not have the plasma fire burning, so it probably is not an invisible high yield plasma torpedo.

At least we could not find a single instance where the plasma proc happened.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-23-2012, 01:12 PM
As the combat log excerpt in the title states, the weapon is not a plasma torpedo, I know about those...the delayed graphic torp spreads show up in the log as such. This is something different... and something the game itself can only quantify as "unknown ability".

I was wondering if anyone had any insight to that specifically.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-23-2012, 01:17 PM
I don't "know" anything, but I wonder if it's a Borg assimilation crew that triggers a warp core breach? That would explain the invisibility, the effect happening when far far away from the cube, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-23-2012, 01:25 PM
it would indeed...and if so, Tactical Team should clear those buggers. Hm. Will try that...if I can realize they're on board.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adola
Kinda like how sometimes my quantum's aren't shown in STF's and it looks like my ship is blowing bubbles LOL!
So wait, a quantum spread looks like a bubble spray that blasts the enemies into the next sector block? That must be fun to watch! :p