Lt. Commander
Anyone remember the online space MMO by EA Earth & Beyond? I rather liked that MMO although it lacked content and was shut down before it really got of the ground...

I'm looking for a clan/group/guild to join along with my friend. I'm from the U.S. and she is from the U.K. and have enjoyed playing this game so far but we're looking to get more out of it by making friends to play with.

Dents@woofdang
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2012, 07:19 AM
I loved Earth and Beyond and loved my guild back in those days. EA killed it before its time. Anyway. A lot of good fleets out there. Look for Proteus or Tactical Operations Fleet Delta. I am not a recruiter but I have been in both of these fleets with good success. Proteus is very good for players leveling up, very supportive, and have fun contests. Proteus is more like a Earth and Beyond guild. TFD is pretty hard core gaming with multiple MMORPs that you can join and has some very high level characters. TFD requires that you are on Mumble that is a big help on STFs. For example, I would not do Cure Space elite or any of the ground elite stfs without doing it with the TFD guys and I have about 700 STFs under my belt that this point. Even with that level of experience, I am pretty junior compared to the high level guys in TFD who some have been playing since beta.
For example before they made STFs easy, TFD used to do 3 or 4 Infected, KAs, or Cures a night and could guarantee success based on the quality of the members. I have vault full of Borg Engines, Defectors, and Shields from when it took the normal players months to get through Cure without a fleet.and KA took 1.5 to 4 hours and was basically undoable without a knowledgeable fleet.

Web site for TFD

http://tfd.guildlaunch.com/
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2012, 07:37 AM
Yes. I wouldn't mind seeing their crafting system being used as a basis for STO. Plus its three separate flavours of experience points: exploration, combat, and trade, gave it a more free feeling "class" progression when leveling.

I suppose STO could give points based on the three we have now: Tactical, engineering and science, depending on what type of content we indulge in. Unfortunately they'd have to build more of said content.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2012, 04:09 PM
If you want to experience EnB again, just Google "enb emulator".

You can then download the client and login to the server they have setup.

In mere minutes you can travel back a decade to 2002 and play EnB once more.