Lt. Commander
# 11
04-11-2012, 07:04 AM
Well, I'm still learning & figuring out what class I like best.

I think I've settled on my Engineer. I already got the Vor'cha retrofit. I ground for Dil to get the Hegh'ta. I already got the B'rel Retrofit from before, which is set up as a Torpedo Boat.

Since I haven't done STF yet, I'm running Aegis for the defense bonus & emphasis on high speed. None of the other Engine set pieces seem to be Hyper Impulse Engines, but I do recognize the utility of a set bonus as well.

In any case, I've got the Jem'hadar pieces for my Vor'cha beam boat, and I want to pick up the Breen pieces for my B'rel to get the Transphasic boost eventually...

So, Torpedos.

I hate to lose extra DPS from taking off a DHC or DBB from the front for a Torpedo, not to mention swapping out an energy damage console for a kinetic damage console.

Is it really worth the sustained DPS from energy weapons to take burst DPS from a Torpedo?

Also, I kind of don't like Turrets. I see the utility, but it's almost wasteful. Maybe I can afford a rear Torpedo instead.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-11-2012, 10:09 AM
I wouldnt swap out a Energy console for a kinetic one. Use the torps with TSV or THY instead and gain the bonus damage that way.

Consoles if set up for a Leech boat build;
SPACE SKILLS
TACTICAL SYSTEMS
STARSHIP ATTACK PATTERNS 9
STARSHIP WEAPONS TRAINING 9
STARSHIP ENERGY WEAPONS 9
STARSHIP PROJECTILE WEAPONS 9
STARSHIP MANEUVERS 9
STARSHIP TARGETING SYSTEMS 9
STARSHIP STEALTH 0
STARSHIP THREAT CONTROL 0
STARSHIP ENERGY WEAPON SPECIALIZATION 6
STARSHIP PROJECTILE WEAPON SPECIALIZATION 6

ENGINEERING SYSTEMS
DRIVER COIL 0
STARSHIP BATTERIES 3
STARSHIP HULL REPAIR 9
STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY 9
STARSHIP SUBSYSTEM REPAIR 0
STARSHIP WARP CORE EFFICIENCY 7
STARSHIP ELECTRO-PLASMA SYSTEMS 7
STARSHIP IMPULSE THRUSTERS 9
STARSHIP WARP CORE POTENTIAL 6
STARSHIP ENGINE PERFORMANCE 6
STARSHIP HULL PLATING 3
STARSHIP SHIELD PERFORMANCE 6
STARSHIP ARMOR REINFORCEMENTS 0
STARSHIP AUXILIARY PERFORMANCE 3
STARSHIP WEAPON PERFORMANCE 0

SCIENCE SYSTEMS
STARSHIP FLOW CAPACITORS 9
STARSHIP SHIELD EMITTERS 9
STARSHIP POWER INSULATORS 0
STARSHIP SHIELD SYSTEMS 9
STARSHIP GRAVITON GENERATORS 0
STARSHIP PARTICLE GENERATORS 0
STARSHIP INERTIAL DAMPENERS 5
STARSHIP SENSORS 5
STARSHIP COUNTERMEASURES SYSTEMS 0
STARSHIP SUBSPACE DECOMPILER 0

Plasmodic Leech, Neutronium armor Netronium Armor
Borg Console, Shield field Amplifier, Shield Field Amplifier (or swap for a Shield Generator)
Energy Console (x3)

You can of course play around with the Skilling, but do so on Tribble where its cheaper to buy respecs.

You can use a rear turret and torpedo set up if you like. Turrets play a part in increasing your forward firing DPS due to thier 360 degree firing arc.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Does the Automated Defense Turret gel well with a Hegh'ta in STF's? It shoots down those nasty High Yields quite nicely. Or does the potential +X% from a weapons type console outweigh its worth?
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-13-2012, 07:12 AM
Why not run a Torpedo Spread, FAW, or that cannon skill for defensive spam (all of which can also be used offensively)? Devoting a tactical console to it seems something of a waste, IMO.

I'm geared to the point where I can run STFs, I think, but not into STFs yet. So I can't really comment otherwise. I really don't intend to take the Hegh'ta into STFs, anyway... that's why I have my Vor'cha Retrofit.

On my Hegh'ta, it's currently
Fore: 3x Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid DHC, 1x Disruptor DBB
Aft: 1x Disruptor Turret, 1x Photon Torpedo Launcher
Tactical consoles: 3x DIsruptor energy consoles

I really like Beam Overload better than CRF, but I think that's because of the big numbers from BO.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Actually I've taken to just putting it on for The Cure only, since that seems to be the only real threat from HY's to me, and then replacing it with a tac console for other missions. Given the coming changes to the respawn timer though I might reconsider that, since DPS is 0 while your dead. For everything but The Cure though Cannon Scatter Volley does just find, it's just that in the Cure I often find myself facing a Raptor after blowing a few nano-probes, and when that happens, the Cube launches the HY right up my backside. That and it seems to do some good in keeping my fellow team mates safe from them as well. I'm sure I could do fine without it, and maybe get a little more DPS, but it's a quality of life thing. If you're really hardcore in your build I'm sure you'd scoff at the idea, but I'm more 'meh' on STFs unless I have a group of friends doing an Elite Run.

Also you might try Tractor repulsor out, it'll stop them as well, but I didn't it worth the TSS2 I was replacing it with.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-13-2012, 05:41 PM
How would you set up for a science captain, Vice Admiral, controlling an assault cruiser?
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-13-2012, 10:07 PM
im running 3 dhcs and 1 dbb plus 2 turrets in the back im actually finding im doing more dmg than i was b4 when i had 2 dhcs 1 dbb and a quantum torpedo.
Lt. Commander
# 18 Weapon Type?
04-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Why all the emphasis on Disruptors? Is Antiproton not a better fit for end-games STFs/PVP?
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celtrp
Why all the emphasis on Disruptors? Is Antiproton not a better fit for end-games STFs/PVP?
Actually after the patch, phasers are best (for the proc). But it kind of looks odd for a kling using them, lol. Tertyons and lolarons are useless now with the resists. So the best are phasers, disruptors and antiprotons, even though many ppl reported antiproton and disruptor not having the results expected (not enough crits for ap and not enough disruptor proc for hull). But there is no proof other than opinions.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Actually after the patch, phasers are best (for the proc). But it kind of looks odd for a kling using them, lol. Tertyons and lolarons are useless now with the resists. So the best are phasers, disruptors and antiprotons, even though many ppl reported antiproton and disruptor not having the results expected (not enough crits for ap and not enough disruptor proc for hull). But there is no proof other than opinions.
Cheers for that. Maybe I will stick with the disruptors then after all!