Lt. Commander
# 1 Which antiproton beams?
04-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Setting up a Kar'Fi with antiproton XI beams and not sure which to choose. Do I go for the beams that give 2% more crits with 20% severity, or do I go for the ones that give 60% severity. 2% more doesnt seem like much per beam but if it stacks I guess it could add up. Looking for advice from players who have run these beams as I am fairly new to the game. Thanks in advance!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discombobulate
Setting up a Kar'Fi with antiproton XI beams and not sure which to choose. Do I go for the beams that give 2% more crits with 20% severity, or do I go for the ones that give 60% severity. 2% more doesnt seem like much per beam but if it stacks I guess it could add up. Looking for advice from players who have run these beams as I am fairly new to the game. Thanks in advance!
In terms of raw stats, [CrtH] outdamages [CrtD], but only by a narrow margin. What are the full stats of each weapon you are considering? I ask because [Acc] also matters.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shar487
In terms of raw stats, [CrtH] outdamages [CrtD], but only by a narrow margin. What are the full stats of each weapon you are considering? I ask because [Acc] also matters.
Planning to run 1-2 Dual Antiproton Beam Banks up front
Stats (two choices)

Mk XI [ACC] [CrtD] [DMG]
290 Damage (232 DPS)
+40 Crit Severity Bonus
+10% Accuracy

Mk XI [ACC] [DMG]X2
296 Damage (237 DPS)
+20 Crit Severity Bonus
+10% Accuracy

The rest will be regular beam arrays
Stats (two choices)

Mk XI [ACC] [CrtH] [DMG]
223 Damage (178 DPS)
+2% Critical Chance
+20 Crit Severity Bonus
+10% Accuracy

Mk XI [CrtD]X2 [DMG]
223 Damage (178 DPS)
+60 Crit Severity Bonus

Feedback is greatly appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Just musing here but I was thinking if you are doing burst damage from like an alpha strike you probably want bonuses to crit severity, increasing the 1 time damage you do. On the other hand if you are going for sustained DPS you probably want your weapons to crit more often to give you more overall damage over time.