Lt. Commander
Quote:
Foundry Challenge #2 : Temporal Loop
This is the comments thread for Foundry Challenge #2 : Temporal Loop.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked. Maybe they can even go back then and tweak their entries!

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
Lt. Commander
# 2 A Challenge?
03-21-2012, 02:28 PM
I love a good challenge.

Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2012, 02:29 PM
While on a patrol assignment in the Pi Canis Sector, you intercept a distress call from a planet in a nearby star system. While the message is severely distorted, you can make out enough to know that the situation is dire, and time is of the essence. You order a course change and engage at maximum warp.

As you arrive, you attempt the hail the site that the distress call originated from, but there is no response. As you continuously try to contact the surface, sensors begin picking up a strange anomalies occurring in the core of the planet. Also, warp signatures leaving the system are detected. <blackness> While on a patrol assignment in the Pi Canis Sector, you intercept a distress call from a planet in a nearby star system...

Not again...
- Engineering this program is rubber banding like a bad LP record. Would you fix the holodeck already?
Engineer throu combadge
- Sorry sir the problem is temporary, the fix is coming soon.

End mission.

The foundry lack the tools to pull this off in any remotely convincing manner. The First Cause, Then Effect came close to this, but that glitched a lot, too.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2012, 02:42 PM
haven't we done this one already?
See what I did there?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Actually time loop groundhog day type mission tech is EXTREMELY easy to do..the trick is making the solution, and cause story interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch99 View Post
Actually time loop groundhog day type mission tech is EXTREMELY easy to do..the trick is making the solution, and cause story interesting.
Duplicate Map

The hard part is keeping track of your story.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-21-2012, 09:13 PM
At least since these challenges are mandated to be so short I don't have to worry about devoting any time to them.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Time after time...
03-21-2012, 11:49 PM
"Captain, I need you to return to sickbay for your physical..."
REPLY: "Doc, can it wait?"
--

"I don't need you to finish your physical... I need to discuss the results."
REPLY: "But you said we weren't finished."
--

"The ship's computer was processing your cellular scans up until you were called back to the bridge.

Apparently we already did finish.

And the 2,044 other times that we've done the same exam before this..."

--

How would you reply?

Actually, don't answer that! Just find new and unique ways to tell your time travel story! I know I'm looking forward to playing them!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Mikey likes it.

Probably going to focus on my own current projects, but if I go insane I have had an idea for a Barclay scenario with a time hiccup. Good luck and have fun all you authors taking part.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Teaser!