Lt. Commander
# 1 Ask Cryptic: March 2012
03-01-2012, 11:14 AM
In this brand-new edition of Ask Cryptic, Executive Producer Dan Stahl delivers answers to player submitted questions.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2012, 11:25 AM
I missed these and im glad ask cryptic is back!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Still no ETA(not even a year) on KDF development. What a shame.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Nice to have Dan's humour back in rare form.

Was hoping for an "I'm here to help!" on a couple of those questions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Alot of great answers...

However one thing of note, is alot of "We'll reveal more as we get closer..." and "We don't have a date for that yet..." etc. Basically, Dstahl tells us that things are coming, but no firm plan on WHEN.

Quote:
Q: (AdmiralKirk1701) Are we going to see more ships from the shows and movies make their debut in STO, or is it just Refit ships that are going to be made now?

Dstahl: We definitely have more ships from the show planned. Our goal is to get every possible ship from the shows into the game, so long as it makes sense (i.e. isnít silly) and jives with CBS.
The first statement by Dstahl to this question, sort-of clashes with the second statement. "Our goal is to get every possible ship from the shows into the game", yes this part sounds great. Still waiting on the Ambassador Class, or the "Wolf 359 ships". However "so long as it makes sense (i.e isn't silly)" clashes with the concept, since STO is littered with ENT, TOS and TMP-era ships. Ships which shouldn't be around 100 years in the future (or more). Miranda and Excelsior I'll sort-of forgive, since they are rather long-lasting. But NX-Classes and TOS Constitutions? Those ships are 250-150 years old. I realize some people want to fly their favorite ships, but COME ON!!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Good replies to our questions! I'm so very glad that our questions are being answered!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2012, 11:38 AM
In regard to the question (and answer) about playable Cardassians....

Well, right now it is possible to play a Klingon in the Federation (though it is not possible to play a human in the KDF). I wonder why the thought of Cardassians and Romulans in both existing factions is such a "taboo".

While I would find KDF Romulans a little odd, given the "warm" feelings the Klingons and Romulans share, I could see some aggressive Remans join the KDF to blow up their former oppressors.

Cardassians would work for both factions, either the reformed Cardassian for the Federation or the warlike remnant of older days for the KDF.

Right now it seems rather unlikely that the KDF gets a signicant content boost, which puts these two species and their factions.... well, we have them when we travel with actual space ships I suppose. :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Still no ETA(not even a year) on KDF development. What a shame.
I doubt they're going to give a date, any dates they give out tend to be used against them if they're unable to meet them (regardless of reasons).
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-01-2012, 11:42 AM
I've so missed these reports.

Excellent, as always, and the difficult questions were not ignored.

Many thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-01-2012, 11:45 AM
That was refreshing! Glad to hear things are chugging along, though the 2 FE series limit was somewhat glossed over. Still, thanks for taking the time to answer some questions!