Lt. Commander
# 91
03-23-2012, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfHat
well yippie, i'm glad for everyone out there . pity that my galor clas cardasian cruiser Has No Lower Decks.

thats right kiddies , only a bridge.
However, you get a console to see these assignments, whereas I have to transfer maps to my bridge and run around the ship finding these idiots to get the assignments. And what if I get to him/her and the assignments offered I can't do, don't want, or don't need? Cryptic essentially anti-streamlined the DOff assignment process. Do I now have to jog around the whole ship to turn these missions in? Why am I seeking out my crew? They should be coming to me. I might as well fly a type 8 shuttle all day... Does Cryptic/PW make more money based on how many minutes we play? Are Dev's and producers paid by how long we're logged in?
Lt. Commander
# 92
03-23-2012, 09:02 AM
So... let me get this straight.

Instead of being able to just see all available DOFF missions available to you onboard your ship or in that area that you're in, now we have to spend extra time running about our ship's interior's directly just to get all of them?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of immersing ourselves more into the game, but this just sounds like it now requires more time to do so since now we have to run around to a dozen or more officers on our bridges just to find out what is available.

Do I have to go to DS9 every time just to find out if there's a mission to haggle for some jevonite?

Do I always have to go to ESD for prisoner transfers? I can't just be in the general vicinity of Federation territory.

I had no problem moving about to Earth, ESD, and Starfleet Academy respectively to find individual offers for new Doffs or Boffs, but this just seems like it'll require more time to get all the assignments.
Lt. Commander
# 93
03-23-2012, 12:02 PM
My understanding is the missions offered by these contacts will be in addition to the ones that normally spawn on the Duty Officer interface screen. And having gotten in and wandered around my ship a bit, that appears to be the case. The ones the regular screen offers me are still there, but visiting the contacts triggers a few more. Some of these appear to be unique to the contact, whereas others I've seen turn up on the Doff screen before. Once you've initiated one of these, it appears to turn up on the Doff screen and you can collect the completed assignment from their like normal.

So those who don't run around don't lose any missions, but those who do can gain missions.
Lt. Commander
# 94
03-25-2012, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunfalach
My understanding is the missions offered by these contacts will be in addition to the ones that normally spawn on the Duty Officer interface screen. And having gotten in and wandered around my ship a bit, that appears to be the case. The ones the regular screen offers me are still there, but visiting the contacts triggers a few more. Some of these appear to be unique to the contact, whereas others I've seen turn up on the Doff screen before. Once you've initiated one of these, it appears to turn up on the Doff screen and you can collect the completed assignment from their like normal.

So those who don't run around don't lose any missions, but those who do can gain missions.
Sadly, your assumption is incorrect. Many missions were removed from the standard Doff interface and placed only in specific locations that you have to visit. For instance, the majority of existing diplomacy/espionage/military missions were removed from the regular doff assignment display and placed in your ship interior captain's ready-room. I have also noticed that the doff turn-in mission for contraband was removed and is not available at either the standard doff display, nor the captain's ready-room either.(I haven't tracked it down yet, I presume it got moved to only being available on ESD somewhere. While that is logical for placement, it is annoying as heck, considering you used to be able to do the 2k dilithium reward contraband turn-in from sirius sector block space.)

I love that they are adding to the ship's interior and making locations like your ship interior, ESD, and DS9 a little more special as doff hubs, but that really should have been done with only *adding* doff missions to those areas and not removing them from where they used to be available from. But the devs decided to do both. Thus, I both love and hate the update.

There is a difference between adding functionality to draw players to a location, and forcing players to visit those locations just in order to access previous content.
Lt. Commander
# 95
03-25-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
This is awesome, and will add some immersion. While you're tinkering with the interiors, how about making a door, marked as shuttle bay, activate our shuttle list, instead of having to ask our transporter chief.
Awesome idea! Of course, an actual SHUTTLE BAY would be even better!

And thanks to the devs for this!
Lt. Commander
# 96 Pet patrol
03-25-2012, 02:28 PM
I am wondering will you ever make the sauser section of the Galaxy a better pet by letting it use both phaser arrays? Will we customers who bought shuttlecraft pets, ever get to see use while in combat? Will we ever get a chance to use fighters again? Will we ever get to use an unlimited number of fighters? Will we be able to build fighters using schematics with duty officers like the weapons platforms?
Lt. Commander
# 97
03-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Quote:
I cannot start a minigame on the asteroid (neither with hail nor with transwarp),
I visited every dilithium ore and pressed F like crazy but there is no interaction. The scanner do not find anything,

all I can is too watch like the others use Lasers playing that games .... I also found few ones like me there

Is there still a bug or whats up?

greetings from Germany.
Thanks for posting this. I'm the same and I wasted a good hour of my life with this last night feeling very disappointed. Love the game but feel Cryptic are digging holes for themselves expecting players to stick around longterm. I guess if your marketing is a quick fix from new players buying the ships etc you will do well but the longevity is flawed I think.
Lt. Commander
# 98
03-26-2012, 12:06 AM
Quote:
I cannot start a minigame on the asteroid (neither with hail nor with transwarp),
I visited every dilithium ore and pressed F like crazy but there is no interaction. The scanner do not find anything,

all I can is too watch like the others use Lasers playing that games .... I also found few ones like me there

Is there still a bug or whats up?

greetings from Germany.
Hey I worked it out ( I think). Before you do anything go to the available missions page and hail a mission from the Ferengi lady. In theory this should activate the mini game when you go to transwarp to the mining moon. Silly world we live in these days isn't it. Everything is so complicated.