Lt. Commander
# 51
03-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Still trying to figure out how this ties into the c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Sweet.
I am also concerned that these will be random individuals, and not officers from our BOFF list. Our department heads system should give us control over who these people are. The senior staff officers on my ship should be people I know and assign, not a randomly generated npc.

As stated earlier by others, we need to get our crew in uniform to mesh with our BOFFs. The lack of customization and crew uniformity defeats the point (and ruins the immersion) of me inviting anyone to my interior. What is the point if my crew is the same as his crew?

And, why is there a random person labeled as my Operations Officer handling my transporter room? Where is my Transporter Chief? On break? And who promoted this chick to MY ship's Ops position? I want some answers &#@%it!
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-21-2012, 10:30 PM
good job cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-21-2012, 10:40 PM
How many C-Points are these ship interior contacts going to cost us? LOL
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-21-2012, 11:17 PM
I think They should add One Extra DOff Assignment Slot, to the 800 Day Vet Reward..,

and Two Extra DOff Assignment Slots, to the 900 Day Vet Reward.

THAT would be incentive for many more people to go GOLD or LTS.

Lt. Commander
# 56
03-21-2012, 11:48 PM
I gotta say that when I first started playing this game I was really disappointed at the lack of functionality with the ship interiors. Then I really started going through the forums and realized ho much trouble Cryptic was having and with all that it was probably just a funding thing. I've already spent more on this game in c-points then I would have for an entire x-box game with a couple of DLC packs, but I really enjoy this game and believed that with the extra funding of FTP and the micro-transactions that F2P bring to the development things might just start to happen.

This to me really is proof in that faith that given the resources the dev team could really start getting things going, and with this they have, but as I said it's a start. I just hope that with the new found steam from this that they can continue to expand on the ship interiors because that really does add something to the game.

On the development list on the Wiki it says more mini-games so hopefully that means poker will be coming.

With the 2800 series you've proven you can do Holodeck sims really well so that shouldn't be too hard to incorporate into the ship interior (just more mission creating intensive than anything I'd imagine) Although a REALLY great idea for that would be having the foundry player created missions actually be the holodeck sims. That would certainly cut down on the programming time of adding holodecks and better integrate the foundry missions into the game.

There is already a great shuttlebay that I think it was Tumerboy that created it that would integrate perfectly into the interiors to launch ****tle crafts from or even as another posted stated even just a shuttle bay door shuttle selection.

Other things would be less crew walking around the small layout, re-scaling parts of the interiors and removing the 10mile long hallways to get into the lounge and capt. quarters and adding a conference room and changing the ready room and you've created every Trekkie's dream ship interiors.

PS: when/if you redo the ship interiors, not so many consoles on the walls on the crew deck
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-22-2012, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohNyNorMuS View Post
Still trying to figure out how this ties into the c-store.
It makes the Cstore bridges more useful, because you'll actually visit it. Chances are the huge bridges from launch will never get updated and if you want a nice looking bridge you'll need to pick up one from the Cstore.

Again bridges are my kind of Cstore item, purely cosmetic and optional.
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-22-2012, 12:34 AM
Ooooouuuuu! That sound great!

I need see it

Fine work Crypitc.

Thanks to everybody for the fun, sorry for my bad english.
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Stuff to do inside your ship sounds good. I've been at the game about 1 1/2 months and didn't even know this was being considered. Like many though, one thing i'd really like to see is custom uniforms for the npc crew.

Seems like in "tailor" mode we should be able to save styles (such as tac, eng, and sci) rather than species/gender specific "clones". I was actually surprised the first time i saved/loaded a uniform and found it cloned the entire original BOff rather than simply changed the new BOff's clothes. Would it be incompatible with the programming to make a uniform checklist so it knows which items, color pattern, and colors to use, while allowing other details such as build, facial features, and stance to be independent? It seems this would make outfitting a diverse group of BOffs easier (since saving a uniform style on a human does no good when you want to apply it to Vulcan, Andorian, and Tellarite BOffs, even though the clothes used are the same) and could open the door for applying custom uniforms to the NPC crew.

Something else i'd like to see done for ship interiors... the ability to sit in any and all of the seats. This seems like such a no-brainer to me. Especially the 2 seats in front of the Captain's desk in the ready room but also all the bridge seats, the mess hall seats, the seats in the Captain's quarters... makes me think of "Rime of the Ancient Mariner"... "seats, seats everywhere nor any place to sit"
Lt. Commander
# 60 Nice!
03-22-2012, 01:07 AM
This is just too cool! I was thinking it would be nice to be able to change your uniform in your quarters, or heal your crew in your own sickbay..Perhaps go to Engineering to make repairs..I spend a lot of time on my bridge, assigning crew to duties or deciding what the next move should be, but not much time other then that in the rest of the ship..It's a shame really, the interiors are really well done. This is just what I have been wanting, thank you very much!