Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 81
03-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Has this hit the game yet? Nothing new in my Belfast interior since this morning's downtime.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 82
03-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
To put it simply, people are ridiculously exaggerating this situation. There are only NINE doff contacts being added to ship interiors:



Oh, and guess what? 2 of them are being removed:



http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...92#post4112392

That means there are only going to be SEVEN people you meet with inside your ship. Anyone who claims that it is unrealistic for a ship captain to meet with SEVEN people inside their ship is just being ridiculous.
Personally, I think it would be a good idea for the captain to show up randomly throughout the ship. Keeps the crew on their toes you know.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 83
03-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom
I think we should have some mini games where the bar tender is maybe even holodeck mini games as well
Yes, for example, how about a "phaser range" like we saw in TNG, that could serve as a "target dummy" for us to test out damage and builds, or the game that Seven and Janeway played on the holodeck, which would be an excellent reason to invite friends aboard our ships.

Though I wouldn't want to invite another Captain aboard, only for them to see my entire crew out of uniform. Would make me look bad as a Commanding Officer!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 84
03-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Details about the new ship interior Duty Officer assignments are revealed in this entry of the Season 5 News Dev Blog series.


Link to the news article.
well yippie, i'm glad for everyone out there . pity that my galor clas cardasian cruiser Has No Lower Decks.

thats right kiddies , only a bridge.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 85
03-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav750k View Post
Has this hit the game yet? Nothing new in my Belfast interior since this morning's downtime.
Supposedly hitting in tomorrows patch.


And since you mentioned having the Belfast interior, please tell me I'm not the only one who gets a little disoriented running around in there?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 86 re to this update
03-22-2012, 06:32 PM
im on my intrriors of my ship and dont see thees officers it speaks of were are they located
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 87
03-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiemister
im on my intrriors of my ship and dont see thees officers it speaks of were are they located
Probably because it hasn't yet been added to holodeck.

Or are you on Tribble? If so, that is weird.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 88
03-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
That means there are only going to be SEVEN people you meet with inside your ship. Anyone who claims that it is unrealistic for a ship captain to meet with SEVEN people inside their ship is just being ridiculous.
Those 2 were in my ready room ... GET OFF MY READY ROOM! I

Also trust me, it gets old FAST due to the HUGE interiors, I set my Odyssey interior as large because I never actually see it before and then going to talk to my Engineer and Ops contact meant a 100 yard run, not that I disagree with the idea of putting inside the ship but we have intercoms too, personally meet them became a big hassle because of how large the ship interiors are.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 89
03-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
It's a good move, certainly, I just wish that when you say we get to talk to our crews, we actually get to talk to our crews. These shipboard contacts are strangers and I certainly didn't approve their transfers to my ship.

Maybe someday...
I agree. Since we assign BO to fill slots of First Officer, Tactical and so on it would be nice to see those assigned BO offer those mission like they do on the UI. And side note are we ever going to see those assigned BO actually sit in or be located in areas that fit their position? My Chief Engineer standing on my bridge like security personnel just doesn't fit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 90
03-23-2012, 05:33 AM
people just wait some 5-6 more hours.
updates always come in the evening like 6-7 european central time.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:58 PM.