Lt. Commander
# 1 UI Windows Overlapping?
03-21-2012, 07:36 PM
This is getting very annoying...

All my UI windows in Tactical View while flying my ship around, are overlapping...

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/535/uibug1.jpg

Now that I've received a 5th BO slot, it has rearranged my BO's on the UI so that they now cover the hot buttons. If I click on the upper left corner of the hot button bar, then it covers all the BO's and their functions...

On top of that, both of them are overlapping and covering part of my weapons window!

So how the heck do I rearrange these so they fit right, on my screen??
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2012, 07:42 PM
try setting # 4 on your ability tray setting. this will put them all into a 3 tier box and then you can arrange them the way you want to.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvack View Post
try setting # 4 on your ability tray setting. this will put them all into a 3 tier box and then you can arrange them the way you want to.

I tried that, it doesn't work, infact makes the problem even worse...

This is what it does when I set the ability tray to #3
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/6669/uibug2.jpg

...and, this is what it does when I set it to #4...
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/418/uibug3.jpg

...it completely removes my BoFF's from the screen and they are no longer accessible!

This basically makes my ship unplayable...

Isn't there way to unlock these and re-arrange them so they fit better??
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2012, 08:25 PM
OK, i'm going to try to explain this through this but it is hard to do w/o being able to get immediate feedback so I can guide you but i hope this helps.

Yes when you use option #4 you will lose the BO portraits, but this does not mean you lose their powers. You can reset all their powers onto the 3 tier tray that setting #4 gives you.

You will notice that on the left side of tray is a number, you can use this to cycle through the different powers you can use.

As an example:

for tray 1 I use all the powers they my captain gains as she ranks up ( i like to have brace for impact and evasive maneuvers in the # 1 & 2 spot respectively since i can easily hit them on keyboard)

for tray 2 I use any powers that affect my ship, ie: emergency powers, shield powers, healing powers, etc

for tray 3 I use powers that will affect my enemy: beam overload, high yield torps, grav well, tachyon beam, etc

tray 4 which i get by clicking the up arrow on tray 3 is where i put my extra stuff like azura comm or fireworks or things that i won't need in combat

When you set it at #4, everything will be jumbled at first. I always set my weapons to autofire by right clicking on them so they have a green glow around them and then remove them from tray (i'll explain this in a minute). Then i proceed to set up my trays like the example I gave above.

When you go to set up your powers you can open the available powers by pressing 'p' (or the top button on the right side of tray) from here you can drag powers from tray to available powers or drag from available powers down to tray. You may have to do this at first for your weapons.

Now if you want to have the portraits then you will have to use setting 3 and then go into options and change your interface scalling down so that when you re-arrange you HUD (via the escape key) you can then move stuff around so that you can see it. Be warned that after awhile (unless you have a really big monitor or have a smaller setting for graphics) this will make things rather small to see.

Hope this helps. If you need more advice feel free to pm me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvack View Post
Hope this helps. If you need more advice feel free to pm me.
It did help, quite a bit actually.. thank you!

Is it, embarassing that... I am still so new to this game, only been playing for almost two months now, and yet...

I'm already Level 40, RALH...

The leveling is waaaay too easy, and yet no decent tutorials for us newer players...
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2012, 09:40 PM
You are very welcome. And yes we've been fussing at Cryptic for some time now about the super fast leveling. It does make it difficult for some of the newer players to grasp some of the game concepts before they get into the advanced parts of the game.

Maybe we can get a Dev to sticky this for future new players
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Haha, that could be quite useful to many if they did that!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Some player's do like the BO portraits. I think that another option should also be explained.
  • Press Escape for the Options Menu to appear in the center of your UI.
  • Select: Re-arrange HUD
  • All the windows - except the chat window - are now tinted green.
  • Take some time to become familiar with how to grasp only the window that you need to drag.
  • Take some time to become familiar with how to expand or reduce the size of any of those windows.
  • Press Escape again to see the final placement.
With patience, you repeat this few times to create the positions you prefer for the windows and so that they no longer overlap as seen in the OP.