Starfleet Veteran
# 1051
10-24-2012, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtzroy View Post
I have to agree with this. Season 7 is like a flip kick in the nuts, the bright side is I will never have to do Cure stf again lol.
I've been reading that from an awful lot of people in the chat. Guess I better go read about it in the forum.
Captain
# 1052
10-25-2012, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtzroy View Post
I have to agree with this. Season 7 is like a flip kick in the nuts, the bright side is I will never have to do Cure stf again lol.
Cure is the most fun STF though, it's the only one there is actually a chance of failing at.
Career Officer
# 1053
10-25-2012, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Cure is the most fun STF though, it's the only one there is actually a chance of failing at.
Apologies for the correction, but Khitomer Accord Space counts as another that can end prematurely and unsuccesfully; if ten probes get through the gate you get the red text of fail there too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 10-25-2012 at 03:20 AM.
Captain
# 1054
10-25-2012, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Apologies for the correction, but Khitomer Accord Space counts as another that can end prematurely and unsuccesfully; if ten probes get through the gate you get the red text of fail there too.

The only way to let 10 probes through the portal is if all 5 players are comatose. Any single player can prevent that from happening for an indefinite amount of time.
Career Officer
# 1055
10-25-2012, 03:57 AM
Quote:
The only way to let 10 probes through the portal is if all 5 players are comatose. Any single player can prevent that from happening for an indefinite amount of time.
I realise that - but the point was that there is a system in place on Khitomer Accord, like Cure, that can cause the mission to fail whilst the post I originally responded to claimed that Infected is the only STF that has no 'fail' system built into it.

And read back through this thread - it's more than possible for Khitomer to fail on that basis. There are a few examples of this occurring in posts within this very thread. It only takes an inattentive team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Lieutenant
# 1056 Fruit Loops Anyone?
10-25-2012, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Cure is the most fun STF though
I have to agree with that. I do more CSN than any other STF. It's where the players show their true colors (with rainbow beams and skittle cannons!)

ROFLMAO
Lieutenant
# 1057
10-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Cure is a fun STF, I actually find all STF's fun to a small degree. But the Cure seems to be the thorn in my side as of late.

I actually found Khitomer alot easier to do then the Cure, the only real hiccup with Khitomer is people like to butt hug Donatra.
Captain
# 1058
10-25-2012, 10:48 AM
CSN was my first STF, and I don't do ground STFs. Cure is still my favorite because it's actually interesting. Infected is an easy routine, and KA is a lot of sitting around and shooting.
Captain
# 1059
10-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Not an STF, fleet 15 man defence this one, but still.

http://s17.postimage.org/3u69ujnfz/W...hase_4_yet.jpg

For those wondering, that marker that says "teamates 45KM" is actually point at teamates that are at this point runing at full impulse towards me, i didn;t check before quitting the map but i was probablly a good 100Km+ of the base by this point. About 5 seconds after it died a swarm of beams and cannons shots went wild around me as they cleaned off those damm fighters, (not sure why those listed at 9KM on the screen**** didn't open up sooner, or the lady on the bottom right *shurg*). And yes i did all that damage with plasma burns. Never did get the gits sheilds down, but got me a siege dreadnaught. Even dropped me a basic weapons battery as a reward.

Still bragging aside i really should never have been able to do even that much danmage before somone else came in. Probably had a lot to do with the fact that we had a full blown 5, (that i counted), T1/T2 ships in it. Cryptic really needs to fix this as i had a 5 man immidiattly beforehand with 2 of the same in.
Captain
# 1060
10-26-2012, 05:56 PM
I was on my tac in a Fleet Defiant and qued up for KASE because stf channels were slow at the time. Big mistake. I ended up in a group of 2 sci and 2 engineers all in sci ships, carrier and cruisers. Rather then quit right there upon seeing this low dps group I decided to give it a try and came up with a plan to do the stf in a reasonable time despite being in a low dps group.

I volounteered to guard both sides which I can do quite easily, thereby freeing up the rest of the team to dps transformers/gates. After taking the first 2 waves of probes out on each side, the stupid sci carrier decided to guard a gate and ignored me saying i have both sides under control. After asking him again, another teammate said just let him do that, so I went fine you guys both guard then so i can dps gate. Sure enough, neither of them could handle a single side on their own. Rather then going back to guard I figured screw it if they cant guard let it fail so i kept dpsing transformer until ten probes went through.

afterward one of the stupid sci captain wanted to try blaming me for not helping him and the other sci with guarding even though I was doing it all by myself until those people had to but in and try guarding thus forcing me to get off guard and dps transformers or be stuck in the stf forever.