Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 247
# 1111
11-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
And here's the best part: #4 says "GG, wp, too bad you guys all suck. I am the best one here." And leaves.
Isn't it interesting that the ones who have the least DPS, don't know how to heal their ships, or set off 35K in the distance, always think they are the best ones there???

Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 77
# 1112
11-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Because they live?

But really, its annoying how Cryptic built failure into missions... MMOs don't support failure. You can wipe and wipe but at the end of the day at least you get to the last boss if you hung on long enough.

But not Cure and KA. Its bad that pugs lose me the optional, but lose me the entire mission as well?

Captain Ruri Gokou of the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk
Catian Atrox Carrier
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 1113
11-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heineko View Post
Because they live?
For the record he died a stupidly huge number of times.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 77
# 1114
11-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
For the record he died a stupidly huge number of times.
Well then he didn't exactly leave without firing a shot then, did he? Not that it helps his case any.

Captain Ruri Gokou of the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk
Catian Atrox Carrier
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,100
# 1115
11-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Am convinced that they've made ISE more difficult.

Just come away from an instance with an excellent team. There were, however, DEFINITELY more spheres than usual, said spheres were nastier and hit harder, and the tac cube at the end seemed a touch 'faster' than usual. And the shield drain was INSANE. We all agreed that our shields were next to useless the majority of the time.

Optional failed too - and considering the overall ability of each player, and how well we worked as a team, this was surprising.

Assume that they've, basically, brought the difficulty level of this up so that it's more on-par with 'Hive Onslaught'.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 1116
11-09-2012, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Am convinced that they've made ISE more difficult.

Just come away from an instance with an excellent team. There were, however, DEFINITELY more spheres than usual, said spheres were nastier and hit harder, and the tac cube at the end seemed a touch 'faster' than usual. And the shield drain was INSANE. We all agreed that our shields were next to useless the majority of the time.

Optional failed too - and considering the overall ability of each player, and how well we worked as a team, this was surprising.

Assume that they've, basically, brought the difficulty level of this up so that it's more on-par with 'Hive Onslaught'.
Huh? Did you test this on the Tribble server? Because on Holodeck ISE is as easy as ever :-)

But in ISE on the Tribble Server I noticed that the Borg were ignoring my shields and doing some nasty hull damage. Full shields and half hull with an Engie on a AC is not nice :-P I see a lot of PUG's dying horrible and often in ISE xD
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,100
# 1117
11-09-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxchristian View Post
Huh? Did you test this on the Tribble server? Because on Holodeck ISE is as easy as ever :-)

But in ISE on the Tribble Server I noticed that the Borg were ignoring my shields and doing some nasty hull damage. Full shields and half hull with an Engie on a AC is not nice :-P I see a lot of PUG's dying horrible and often in ISE xD
No, this was on Holodeck but we experienced, pretty much, what you described.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,041
# 1118
11-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I move in and kill it with some help from #2, only to have the worst possible thing happen. Right as it died, it fired it's iso charge at #1. Who died. Instantly. From the first hit. WTF??? Then the iso charge hit #4, who lost all but 10% of his hull, hit me (insta kill), and then hit #2, who also died.
totally not op, working as intended!
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 1119
11-09-2012, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
No, this was on Holodeck but we experienced, pretty much, what you described.
I didn't saw this effect in ISE in the last days. Perhaps you were unlucky and got a critical ;-)
To bad I didn't had combat log on. And I could'nt find another ISE group on Tribble to test this.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,100
# 1120
11-09-2012, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxchristian View Post
I didn't saw this effect in ISE in the last days. Perhaps you were unlucky and got a critical ;-)
To bad I didn't had combat log on. And I could'nt find another ISE group on Tribble to test this.
Well, it was this morning (therefore post-patch) - and it wasn't just me.

To be fair, perhaps it's not a bad thing if they made it more difficult; the team I was with were the type of players who would've steamrollered the mission usually.

We followed the 10% rule, and the number of spheres that appeared subsequent to transformer popping was definitely larger than previously. And I maintain that they were hitting harder too - their shield drains seems faster which was probably why we were getting taken out quicker.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:30 PM.