Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,298
# 1151
11-13-2012, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
You know guys, the easiest way to get around all your problems...

STOP PUGGING.

And suddenly your problems stop existing as well.
That's not the answer. Pugging is, in itself, a game of chance. I posted about a failed STF instance I experienced yesterday. This morning I joined a PuG ISE and we mopped the floor with the Borg with ease and finished the entire thing with somewhere around six minutes to spare. The best thing? There wasn't a great deal of communication between us - it wasn't really needed; everyone knew what to do, and we steamrollered the whole thing and it was absolutely fantastic!

I'd hate to lose out on the above experience simply because of the chance that I MIGHT wind up with a team of clueless rainbow-boat players. It'll happen sometimes, but it's worth enduring the bad ones for the sake of the good, and great, ones.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 348
# 1152
11-13-2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
That's not the answer. Pugging is, in itself, a game of chance. I posted about a failed STF instance I experienced yesterday. This morning I joined a PuG ISE and we mopped the floor with the Borg with ease and finished the entire thing with somewhere around six minutes to spare. The best thing? There wasn't a great deal of communication between us - it wasn't really needed; everyone knew what to do, and we steamrollered the whole thing and it was absolutely fantastic!

I'd hate to lose out on the above experience simply because of the chance that I MIGHT wind up with a team of clueless rainbow-boat players. It'll happen sometimes, but it's worth enduring the bad ones for the sake of the good, and great, ones.
agreed and my worst STF experience at hand so far was a Cure space ELite mission gone horridly wrong NOBODY helped the kang defender (which was me in my oddy op crusier) second they poped a cube while we were struggling with the BOP's yes since i had to put up with 6 birds of prey at a time i was streched thin and even when they came to help after i yelled at them the kang still blew up 3 were rainbows and i forget what the other was. This was by far the worst team i had seen in a STF no coordination whatsoever and they even ignored my pleas for assistance when the BOP's were overruning me since it was a 6 on 1 fight.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 87
# 1153
11-13-2012, 07:37 AM
My worst experience in an STF I had was yesterday when I pulled a PUG who wouldn't fire, claiming he had a bug .. and basically just sat their for the entire fight berating the entire crew... actually we made the optional but not because of any help from this one individual. Who was frankly there just to cause grief to other players - sad little person...
Richard Silk, EU Liaison Officer, TOS Veterans Fleet
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 1154
11-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofheat View Post
My worst experience in an STF I had was yesterday when I pulled a PUG who wouldn't fire, claiming he had a bug .. and basically just sat their for the entire fight berating the entire crew... actually we made the optional but not because of any help from this one individual. Who was frankly there just to cause grief to other players - sad little person...
A similar bug happened once to me after a respawn in CSE -.- Could only heal and tried to get killed After the respawn everything was ok.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 247
# 1155 Not an option.
11-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
You know guys, the easiest way to get around all your problems...

STOP PUGGING.

And suddenly your problems stop existing as well.


Actually, your problems will be only slightly relieved. The team pugs from the STF chat groups or fleets aren't much, if any, better. They've been contaminated by plenty of people with Rainbow/Technicolor beams and poorly built ships.

The Pugs are 3/4 of the fun of the game. You never know what your going to get. We can complain all we want, nothing will fix a player that's set on Technicolor/Rainbow beams and an otherwise poorly built ship.

The only thing that's been done that was useful and needed in the STF pugs was the removal of the shuttles, which in a way I wish would come back because they added a little more fun to the stories found here.

If you want to avoid the Technicolor/Rainbow beam and poorly built ship problem, REQUIRE ship inspections within your fleet and boot anyone who won't conform and then only fly STF's and Fleet missions from within your fleet. But even this might only give you a slight advantage.

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 633
# 1156
11-13-2012, 03:11 PM
I've gone in and had my bars scrambled a time or two, never did figure out why, had a whole day like it where i'd intermitently get them scrambled, and then, bam, nothing since.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 787
# 1157
11-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Had a go at hive onslaught last night, one player, the borg queen really hated him, lets call him joseph. Poor Joseph in his technicoloured beam boat trying to kill the borg queen ship, absolutely hilarious, the rest of the team used him as a aggro magnet.

It just goes to show that if you come into the hive onslaught stf with a technicoloured beam boat, you will be punished.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,298
# 1158
11-14-2012, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven2378 View Post
Had a go at hive onslaught last night, one player, the borg queen really hated him, lets call him joseph. Poor Joseph in his technicoloured beam boat trying to kill the borg queen ship, absolutely hilarious, the rest of the team used him as a aggro magnet.

It just goes to show that if you come into the hive onslaught stf with a technicoloured beam boat, you will be punished.
I'd imagine that the Hive probably won't see a huge amount of activity, one the inital hype dies down, to be honest.

Players like 'Joseph' will probably never bother with it again, PuG's struggle with it too much and before long we'll have a Crystaline Entity-like scenario where only Fleets and organised groups bother with it.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 1159
11-14-2012, 03:18 AM
Every STF after S7 was released because no more dil or loot drops of any kind.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 290
# 1160
11-14-2012, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Every STF after S7 was released because no more dil or loot drops of any kind.
This ^^^^^^^^^^
Prime Minister Nayrok: Do not relax your security for an instant, Captain. He is extremely violent, and very cunning, as you already know.
Jean-Luc Picard: A matter of internal security: the age-old cry of the oppressor. The Hunted [3.11]
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:45 AM.