Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 181
# 1341
12-19-2012, 12:36 PM
I saw a rainbow boat soloing a Tac Cube, and survived. I pissed me off....
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 247
# 1342
12-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopbang View Post
I saw a rainbow boat soloing a Tac Cube, and survived. I pissed me off....
A rainbow/technicolor boat can still be a tank. They just sacrifice weapons power.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 441
# 1343
12-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Reading this thread has given me excellent ideas as to what NOT to do in setting up a ship. For starters, I actually pick an energy type and stick to it (for instance, my Fed Prometheus [non-MVAE yet, too broke right now] has a pure phaser setup, my Klink Negh'var has a [right now] pure tetryon setup, and my Klink BOP [level 31 so far lol] has a pure disruptor setup with quad disruptor cannons.

So far I haven't seen really terribad STFs, but that might be because for the time being I'm still in the process of getting my feet wet and running normal PUG STFs.
****
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 32
# 1344 icky
12-19-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm so tired of incompetent people i could screem.

I just finished a csn. We won but barely.

At the beginning I went to the Kang first which is something I never do. ALL 4 TEAM MATES FOLLOWED!

Nobody flew left, nobody flew right, nobody flew to the center. Nobody was taking out cubes or nodes.

I typed, Is anyone going to take on the cubes? Nobody said or did anything. I left the group and flew over to the right cube and started attacking.

I get down to the cube and someone starts yelling 10% 10% only take the cube to 10%.

I said, this is a NORMAL! He said even in normal your only to take it to 10%.

I typed LOL and killed it.

Now the guy is peaved. He starts calling me a noob and tells me I need to leave and telling me we were going to lose the match because I killed the cube.

I just flew over to the middle and started shooting.

I then typed, If your so good then get out here and help. You don't need 4 people at the Kang.

Nobody came in to help. This guy was saying how he's going to report me and blackball me. I just typed LOL. Someone else is typing LOL now and LMAOROF. They said, Go Gettum Nelly! I laughed.

I'm at the third cube now. Three of the other ships come out of hiding and start helping. The loudmouth was still setting at the Kang.

The third cube is quickly dispatched.

The guy at the Kang doesn't hail the Kang like he should so I flew in to do it with only a couple seconds to spare while the other three worked on the the warships.

The carrier emerges and I finally see, low and behold, the loudmouth has rainbows. PLUS he keeps pushing the carrier away from us. Suprise Suprise

The mission ends, I type We're going to lose huh??? But the guy leaves without a word before I send it. I was happy though, I pulled 5 of the borg nural processors.

Last edited by nelly1956; 12-19-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 1345
12-19-2012, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly1956 View Post
I'm so tired of incompetent people i could screem.

I just finished a csn. We won but barely.

At the beginning I went to the Kang first which is something I never do. ALL 4 TEAM MATES FOLLOWED!

Nobody flew left, nobody flew right, nobody flew to the center. Nobody was taking out cubes or nodes.

I typed, Is anyone going to take on the cubes? Nobody said or did anything. I left the group and flew over to the right cube and started attacking.

I get down to the cube and someone starts yelling 10% 10% only take the cube to 10%.

I said, this is a NORMAL! He said even in normal your only to take it to 10%.

I typed LOL and killed it.

Now the guy is peaved. He starts calling me a noob and tells me I need to leave and telling me we were going to lose the match because I killed the cube.

I just flew over to the middle and started shooting.

I then typed, If your so good then get out here and help. You don't need 4 people at the Kang.

Nobody came in to help. This guy was saying how he's going to report me and blackball me. I just typed LOL. Someone else is typing LOL now and LMAOROF. They said, Go Gettum Nelly! I laughed.

I'm at the third cube now. Three of the other ships come out of hiding and start helping. The loudmouth was still setting at the Kang.

The third cube is quickly dispatched.

The guy at the Kang doesn't hail the Kang like he should so I flew in to do it with only a couple seconds to spare while the other three worked on the the warships.

The carrier emerges and I finally see, low and behold, the loudmouth has rainbows. PLUS he keeps pushing the carrier away from us. Suprise Suprise

The mission ends, I type We're going to lose huh??? But the guy leaves without a word before I send it. I was happy though, I pulled 5 of the borg nural processors.
You know what the funniest part about this post was (despite the blatant but probably deserving arrogance of the poster)? Even on CSE we don't do 10%. That's an antiquated and inefficient method of doing the map. The standard now is MRRMLL, and for the really high DPS teams you see on EliteSTF and some of us bored guys gone bawlzy on PublicEliteSTF do RML. 10%? Whuzzat?
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 32
# 1346
12-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be arrogant. Aggravated would be a better word. I haven't seen, or at least not posted many bad STF's or Fleet Events in the last few days. That one was a wopper so I thougt I'd share.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,041
# 1347
12-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
and for the really high DPS teams you see on EliteSTF and some of us bored guys gone bawlzy on PublicEliteSTF Whuzzat?
I laughed... though this is kind of the point of this topic

Last edited by ferdzso0; 12-20-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 1348
12-20-2012, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly1956 View Post
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be arrogant. Aggravated would be a better word. I haven't seen, or at least not posted many bad STF's or Fleet Events in the last few days. That one was a wopper so I thougt I'd share.
Oh no, please, you are deserving of the arrogance, since your skill level was at that point. It was not meant to be sarcastic or insulting. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
I laughed... though this is kind of the point of this topic
Glad to be of service
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 158
# 1349
12-20-2012, 02:05 AM
Probably one of those, who has read something and starts repeating it like a parrot....I guess it would have taken too long to explain that the 10% rule applies only to ISE.

These days I feel really lucky if there is another player in a PuG at around my level, especially in KASE - it makes the things much easier.
Let's see how today's changes will affect the behaviour of the NPCs. As far as I understood the things changed, the overall damage of the NPCs remains the same, just the variation of the magnitude would be more constant.
I really hope, that they wouldn't nerf the SSR from +1k to +50 per 6 sec. as I speculated yesterday in the fleet chat. If that is the "works as intended" value (+50), I would feel severely screwedup in choosing it instead of the kinetic damage proc.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 1350
12-20-2012, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanailofhwbg View Post
Probably one of those, who has read something and starts repeating it like a parrot....I guess it would have taken too long to explain that the 10% rule applies only to ISE.

These days I feel really lucky if there is another player in a PuG at around my level, especially in KASE - it makes the things much easier.
Let's see how today's changes will affect the behaviour of the NPCs. As far as I understood the things changed, the overall damage of the NPCs remains the same, just the variation of the magnitude would be more constant.
I really hope, that they wouldn't nerf the SSR from +1k to +50 per 6 sec. as I speculated yesterday in the fleet chat. If that is the "works as intended" value (+50), I would feel severely screwedup in choosing it instead of the kinetic damage proc.
I have an inside source that said they would at most nerf SSR 20%. As for the NPCs, their overall damage has been reduced. By a lot. And the top cap has also been greatly reduced. Even though there will be fewer bottom duds, doesn't change the fact that a global 10% damage reduction, and a 20% plasma burn reduction are still significant.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:00 PM.