Captain
# 1551
02-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanailofhwbg View Post
a 3 pack 2500 zen one

Just venting, thank you for reading.
Odyssey or Vesta? Because both ships can handle a regular cube with ease, and an Odyssey can solo a tac cube with no issues (will take all day, but it can be done).
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Rihannsu
# 1552
02-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
(I am on probe duty, mostly cuz engi cruisers aren't a heck of a lot of good for much else in KASE)
tell that to the guy with the 9.3K DPS assault cruiser; i imagine that much firepower could easily handle any part of KSE

Quote:
and I politely ask him what he is running, and after he tells me, I die of laughter and leave.
okay, you got me curious...what was he running?

Last edited by shadowfang240; 02-20-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Captain
# 1553
02-20-2013, 08:12 PM
CSE in tac defiant.

*Keep in mind I no longer care about being friendly, talking tactics, or anything of that nature any more. I just want the most marks in the shortest time frame hence CSE*

I swoop toward middle and postion myself below the cube between two sets of nanites where the raptor spawns. I have a simple rotation of CRF, APB, TS followed by CSV, APB, TS hence why I like to pound on two sets at once. In about a minute I pop all four then lay waste to the raptor and hit EM and swoop to setup position on the NegVar. Halfway threw killing the Var I see two of the team esplode and optional fail, oh wells I think and finish off the negvar.

I turn and head right (left cube) and see the raptor is spawned and some BoPs on kang. Slaughter the bops, fire off a few heals at kang and murder the raptor with aid from the team followed by the Var. I head right (right cube) and do the same as it's guards were spawned.

Now I might not communicate much but when things get slightly interesting my situational awareness goes up a notch or three. I know the current combat situation is thus.

- All guards dead
- 4 nanites up on left cube and two team-mates with moderate DPS on them, one has a GW.
- 1 nanite up on middle cube with a teammate working on it, he killed the other I left in the time I played with spawns so his DPS is respectable.
- 2 nanite up on right with a teammate firiing DHCs at the front one

That tells me its time to start murdering cubes! So i swoop in blasting the back nanite on right cube and then lay into the cube till she dies and this is when it gets funny.

"GG noob you just lost this for us" says the moron
"I sorry your DPS sux" replies I
"My DPS is better than anyone in the noob pug group" says the moron

So I pop cooldowns slaughter raptors in middle, slaughter raptors from left and notice someone is putting the pain on that cube. Rapidly fly to mid to finish off that cube and when i blows turned around to kill the Var spawn since the left cube died first (he did have more time to work on it in my defense). At some point of all that this exchange took place.

"I didn't realize the nanites were gone on that cube" says the moron
"Lack of situational awareness is a common rookie trait, noob" I respond

Now here is the thing, I'm not the greatest. But I"m flying a beast fleet defiant with a Tac (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=550171 posted here) and their is not much that can out perform me in damage. So we begin work on the carrier and I notice a strange thing, I have agro the entire fight likely because I was the only one to close to 2k range but thats not important.

"So if you do more DPS why do I have agro even tho I have a -threat console equipped?"

He declined to comment.

I'm sorry if you can't out perform a casual PvE player like myself you loose the right to rage.
Get yer Fleet Gear here!
Military 5 / Engineering 4 / Science 4
Starbase 5 / Embassy 3 / Mine 3 / Spire 3
Diplomacy 3 / Recruit 3 / Trade 3 / Development 3 / Research 3 / Operations 3
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post16435781
Starfleet Veteran
# 1554
02-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
CSE in tac defiant.

*Keep in mind I no longer care about being friendly, talking tactics, or anything of that nature any more. I just want the most marks in the shortest time frame hence CSE*
I might have been in that one. Somebody was doing great work on the probes and cubes. Better than I usually do and I was jealous. I remember the 'Noobe' word being thrown around a bit.
Captain
# 1555
02-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
tell that to the guy with the 9.3K DPS assault cruiser; i imagine that much firepower could easily handle any part of KSE
Oh, I have more than enough DPS on my FACR to EASILY do any part of KASE. But it tends to get crap from tac cruisers and tacscorts if I do anything other than probes, and since I like the extra marks and I don't like having to close my chat window, I just do probes (even though I had one KASE where my FACR and my friend in a Kar'fi killed our side faster than 3 tacscorts, soooo yeah XD).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
okay, you got me curious...what was he running?
He had it set up like the Ent-C. DBB, BA, QT and Photon up front, BAS and Photon in rear. But what got me laughing was that he had a phaser relay, photon detonation thingymabober, and a zero point quantum chamber as his tactical consoles. What made me fall out of my chair was his double RCS, single EPS, and single Neutronium, and what killed me was his outright FAIL in science consoles (I.E. sensor booster, a graviton generator, and particle generator). Granted he did have GW1, but still...

And his device slots was pure batteries.

His BOff layout left me wheezing for breath it was so funny.

Lt Tac: TT1, THY2
Ens Tac: TS1
Cmdr Engi: ET1, DEM1, RSP2, BP3 (yes, boarding party)
Lt Engi: EPtS1, EPtW2 (possibly his only really intelligent choice)
LtCmdr Sci: TB1, TSS2, GW1 (um... HE?? where are you???)

and I didn't give him a chance to tell me his DOffs, I left since I wanted to live and not die from being unable to breath.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Rihannsu
# 1556
02-21-2013, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Oh, I have more than enough DPS on my FACR to EASILY do any part of KASE. But it tends to get crap from tac cruisers and tacscorts if I do anything other than probes, and since I like the extra marks and I don't like having to close my chat window, I just do probes
personally, i don't care what anyone thinks about me; i'll go wherever i'm needed, regardless of what i'm flying and regardless of what verbal diarrhea may be spewing forth in team chat in response to it

Quote:
He had it set up like the Ent-C. DBB, BA, QT and Photon up front, BAS and Photon in rear. But what got me laughing was that he had a phaser relay, photon detonation thingymabober, and a zero point quantum chamber as his tactical consoles. What made me fall out of my chair was his double RCS, single EPS, and single Neutronium, and what killed me was his outright FAIL in science consoles (I.E. sensor booster, a graviton generator, and particle generator). Granted he did have GW1, but still...

And his device slots was pure batteries.

His BOff layout left me wheezing for breath it was so funny.

Lt Tac: TT1, THY2
Ens Tac: TS1
Cmdr Engi: ET1, DEM1, RSP2, BP3 (yes, boarding party)
Lt Engi: EPtS1, EPtW2 (possibly his only really intelligent choice)
LtCmdr Sci: TB1, TSS2, GW1 (um... HE?? where are you???)

and I didn't give him a chance to tell me his DOffs, I left since I wanted to live and not die from being unable to breath.
yeah...that's definitely a prime candidate for the darwin awards, though boarding party wouldn't be so bad if the shuttles were faster and didn't get shot down if someone so much as sneezed in their direction; the havoc they wreak on my ship on the rare occasion a jem'hadar battleship or negh'var manages to slip some through my defenses certainly isn't anything to sneer at
Lt. Commander
# 1557
02-21-2013, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Odyssey or Vesta? Because both ships can handle a regular cube with ease, and an Odyssey can solo a tac cube with no issues (will take all day, but it can be done).
I kind of hinted it was an Oddy when I started to talk about cruisers

shadowfang240 - if that's a 9.3k DPS, then mine is 14.5k. As far as I know, the DPS is measured while doing the STF as a routine run (and in a PUG), not shooting the entire time at the gate or the transformer in order to avoid drop in DPS - in other words, measure the usefull and well directed DPS. That said, my DPS is in the range of 6.5-7k, and this 9.3k cruiser in a PUG and not shooting aimlessly is more like a 4.5-5k DPS. I'm thinking of doing a badass Fleet Assault Cruiser - probably within a month....depends on when our T5 Shipyard is going to be ready.

Last edited by satanailofhwbg; 02-21-2013 at 12:57 AM.
Rihannsu
# 1558
02-21-2013, 01:04 AM
Quote:
shadowfang240 - if that's a 9.3k DPS, then mine is 14.5k. As far as I know, the DPS is measured while doing the STF as a routine run (and in a PUG), not shooting the entire time at the gate or the transformer in order to avoid drop in DPS - in other words, measure the usefull and well directed DPS. That said, my DPS is in the range of 6.5-7k, and this 9.3k cruiser in a PUG and not shooting aimlessly is more like a 4.5-5k DPS. I'm thinking of doing a badass Fleet Assault Cruiser - probably within a month....depends on when our T5 Shipyard is going to be ready.
i wasn't talking about anyone in an STF pug when i mentioned that; i was talking about this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68_UjyPLNLI
Lt. Commander
# 1559
02-21-2013, 01:15 AM
I've seen the video and if you have watched it closely, you know that the figure 9.3k is a little misleading.
Rihannsu
# 1560
02-21-2013, 01:18 AM
Quote:
I've seen the video and if you have watched it closely, you know that the figure 9.3k is a little misleading.
i don't see how, as the guy was using the ACT, which as far as i know, is the most accurate parser available for the game

EDIT: and yes, i know FAW can 'rack up the numbers' in that program, but he was doing some pretty hefty damage to single targets as well...far more than i can manage in any of my cruisers that don't have cannons

Last edited by shadowfang240; 02-21-2013 at 01:25 AM.