Lt. Commander
# 151
04-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Yesterday I was little bit tirred and I decided to play The space as normal. I thought. 20 minutes ant it wil be done. I shouldn't think this.
We started. There were 2 Klings and 3 fes (included me). I said Hi. Everyone ignore me. I thought ok
As usual I went ton the left to take the cube. I killed alone the node because one klings went to helped me but he was shoot really quickly. I guess he doesn't know how to deal with it. He respawned and helped me to kill the cube. I went on the second cube and what I saw. All of them are trying to ficht Borg to protect the Kang. 3 people in normal the cure. I went nearby the Kang to heal it. What I saw. 50%. We lost the optionnals. So I decided to stay nearby the Kang and heal it again and again.
I said someone must shot the nodes because life is short. No answer. I said Klingons you should check your gear. STF is not rainbow party. No answer. We spent 1h30 to play The cure normal space.
Two klingons were pure new. One has 1915 points of score. He respawned every minutes. The second... He has the flagship of Klingons empire (2000 C cryptic point) but with bad gear and low dps and 2315 points of score. Fed were better.
To conclude. STF will be bad if no one wants the communication and if no one deals with the chat. So then no teamwork. I ask myself if it wouldn't better to leave the STF when I notice people don't teamwork.

After this I play KASN.
We started fine. I said Hi. Two guys said Hi and one (a klingon) said let me take the right side. I said ok. We went to the left side and we deal with it. Except a guy. I guess this guy didn't open his chat. The klingon spent all of his time to ask this guy get out. This guy made the mess.
Happiness on the left we did it fine and quickly and we helped the klingon.
Once again. Because of chat is closed. We almost failed...
Lt. Commander
# 152
04-23-2012, 10:04 PM
What do you mean "1915 points of score"?
Lt. Commander
# 153
04-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
What do you mean "1915 points of score"?
Most likely means accolade score for the character, which means nothing to me.

How good the player is, is evident from their ingame actions. No discrimination this way
Lt. Commander
# 154
04-23-2012, 10:42 PM
It's not a way of discrimination. It's not what I meaned. I just mean. If I notice the guy is dying every minute and if he has low score. I conclude he's a new unexperienced and not a rerole.
No discrimination in my words. Just simple constations.
Lt. Commander
# 155
04-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Lol no pointy fingers meant, just a jest.

You sound like you need to team up with me someday for PUG diplomacy lol. A good morning and a blue healing beam never fails to brighten their day
Lt. Commander
# 156
04-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Lol no pointy fingers meant, just a jest.

You sound like you need to team up with me someday for PUG diplomacy lol. A good morning and a blue healing beam never fails to brighten their day
Kinda off topic, but how is you Tac Officer set up for Ground STF's?

Now on topic, I will share a new tale of fail:

I was playing my Klingon Tactical Officer in Infected Space Elite and at first things went well. We were doing the mission with time to spare, my Qin Raptor was swooping in with Distruptor cannons blazing blowing up borg all over the place.

Then disaster struck once the Tac Cube showed up. Everyone went straight for the Cube and ignored the Spheres....until we all started getting blown up left and right (although it took the cubes some time to kill my Raptor)

so after a few deaths, I switched tactics and started acting like a beefier Bird of Prey. I would go in, shoot the spheres a bit and when things started getting too hairy, I would clean off plasma, hit evasive and wait for the red alert to go away before cloaking out and setting up another attack run. Eventually we were able to clear out the spheres and start attacking the Tactical Cube.

No optional, but I did feel a bit of personal pride in using my ship to it's fullest potential and compensating for no Battle Cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 157
04-24-2012, 01:18 AM
I admit the fails can be rather entertaining. There is only one way to succeed and so many ways to fail!

As for my ground setup - I don't have a full Omega set yet so I just redneck engineer my way to 'adequate' levels of DPS and survivability. I'm using the Jem'Hadar set for the Combat Triage Subroutine and shroud. Very useful to survive/avoid being one-shotted. Since I can't get people on my friend's list to do joint runs I rely on self-healing first and foremost.

Jem'Hadar rifle is also remarkably powerful against Borg at long range although be prepared to remodulate often. But when you do fire on a drone its health drops rapidly esp with the usual Tactical buffs.

You can also get boatloads of those Damage Resistance Boosters and Shield/Energy boosters off the exchange for cheap - they drop out of those accursed Ferengi boxes and find their way in droves on the Exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 158
04-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
I admit the fails can be rather entertaining. There is only one way to succeed and so many ways to fail!

Agreed - have only played ground STF's once or twice, but have to admit at being amused when watching the 'charge in with rifle blazing' sort jump off a platform and get shot down/killed before they even hit the ground.
Lt. Commander
# 159
04-24-2012, 01:30 AM
Indeed, thats why my Science Officer on Ground Stf's is the Medic. Mk X Medic Kit is a blessing when you're a Tactical Officer and you're about to die, then find yourself fully healed so you can keep shooting.

And to save your own ***, the MACO Ground Set is king, especially the Emergency Shield Capacitor.

For Weapons, I use the MACO Battle Rifle. Secondary Weapon is a Polaron Pulsewave Rifle
Lt. Commander
# 160
04-24-2012, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91
Indeed, thats why my Science Officer on Ground Stf's is the Medic. Mk X Medic Kit is a blessing when you're a Tactical Officer and you're about to die, then find yourself fully healed so you can keep shooting.

And to save your own ***, the MACO Ground Set is king, especially the Emergency Shield Capacitor.

For Weapons, I use the MACO Battle Rifle. Secondary Weapon is a Polaron Pulsewave Rifle
For my next character I don't see any alternative but to play a science in a cruiser. Maximum heals everywhere!