Ensign
# 1801
03-21-2013, 08:52 AM
I joined Into the hive ESTF. When we spawned, It was me (In my rewards destroyer) and 4 shuttles. Needless to say I tried for a few minutes, but it was beyond hopeless. So then I warped out. 4 shuttles.......REALLY
Rihannsu
# 1802
03-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billhalsey View Post
I joined Into the hive ESTF. When we spawned, It was me (In my rewards destroyer) and 4 shuttles. Needless to say I tried for a few minutes, but it was beyond hopeless. So then I warped out. 4 shuttles.......REALLY
that shouldn't have been possible; shuttles haven't been able to queue for STFs since around S6's launch...unless they forgot to copy that part of the code over to hive when they released it
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Career Officer
# 1803
03-21-2013, 09:30 AM
The nature of Cryptic's patch cycle leaves it vulnerable to reversions. Like the "beam to Qo'nos, I'm in the shipyard" bug. It's been fixed multiple times, and then the old code leaks in somehow.

Wouldn't surprise me much if some old code got used in the Hive, or if the old code managed to find it's way back in for all the STFs.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Rihannsu
# 1804
03-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
Like the "beam to Qo'nos, I'm in the shipyard" bug.
wait, what? that's been fixed BEFORE?! i thought they had YET to fix it
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Career Officer
# 1805
03-21-2013, 11:22 AM
As I understand things, it has been fixed and re-broken like 3 times...
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Lieutenant
# 1806
03-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
At this point my patience was exhausted and I warped out.
I found myself once taking both sides of probes and suddenly surrounded by 3 cubes. Fortunately there was another guy that knew what he was doing and we managed to save the STF.

Last edited by alhucemas; 03-21-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Career Officer
# 1807
03-22-2013, 05:03 AM
Not a bad STF as such, but my paranoia does leave me wondering whether the Borg received a buff in the last patch.

Took my Fleet Assault Cruiser into ISE earlier - a good instance in itself, but the last cube's shield drains seemed more potent than usual, even with my MkXII Romulan/Embassy power insulator console installed, and I was one-shotted at least twice. I haven't changed anything on my Fleet Assualt Cruiser and it is/was usually FAR more durable than that!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Rihannsu
# 1808
03-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Sometimes the Borg just decide that you need to die, and there's nothing you can do to stop it.
Career Officer
# 1809
03-22-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Not a bad STF as such, but my paranoia does leave me wondering whether the Borg received a buff in the last patch.

but the last cube's shield drains seemed more potent than usual, even with my MkXII Romulan/Embassy power insulator console installed, and I was one-shotted at least twice. I haven't changed anything on my Fleet Assualt Cruiser and it is/was usually FAR more durable than that!
This,

I noticed this too.

But hey, the Borg are supposed to be bad asses, I would imagine their shield drains would be superior.
"And at Warp 10, we're going nowhere mighty fast."-Scotty
Starfleet Veteran
# 1810
03-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billhalsey View Post
Shuttles were banned long long ago from STF's. Read back from the original post and you'll see lots of early shuttle stories. Enough of us complained that the shuttles were taken out. Thank Goodness.