Career Officer
# 1861
04-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radkip View Post
I know what I'm doing in Elite STFs and often have my chat window closed, or at least zone and team turned off so I can banter with some friends during downtime (autofire, waiting for events to happen, etc). Why should I be penalized for not wanting to be bothered by some uninformed joe-schmoe telling me how swords are the worst STF weapon and that his minigun is better, or how I should be using emergency power to weapons instead of emergency power to shields? The same joe-schmoe who dies about a dozen times during the STF and then blames others for his stupidity?
well if you want to do solo missions, patrol missions are just down the hall...!! stfs are TEAM missions and you need to communicate! Its not every man for himself!!! And contrary to popular "elite" belief, YOUR actions are what fail stfs and screw it up for everybody else!
Career Officer
# 1862
04-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven2378 View Post
I had a howler earlier on, it cost me my near perfect khitomer record. In this case it was 3 bad pugs. only two of us was actually getting anywhere though we ended up being bogged down in probes, one fool was parked up spamming auto fire at a gate whilst a transformer and the generators were intact, completely ignoring me telling him to hit the generators, the others were in cloud cuckoo land by the looks of it, not surprisingly the whole STF was a dismal failure. 2 bad players is horrible but 3 bad players, well you do the maths, at least have a tutorial STF so this level of stupidity very rarely happens, 1 bad player can be carried,2 at a pinch but 3 forget it.
yeah its usually one of those "elite" players that think they don't need a chat window to organize their actions
Lieutenant
# 1863
04-01-2013, 02:22 PM
My worst stf experience is related to same problem. 3 players without chat windows open, pressing different button combinations in the room. KGE

"There is coffee in that nebula." - Kathryn Janeway
My rihansu character: S'tarleya ch'Rihan Rahaen'fvil, commander of warbird Hnoiyika

Last edited by parrotking97; 04-01-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Career Officer
# 1864
04-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Having posted in this thread before I'll keep it short. Just had an Elite mission whereby someone pops not one, not two, but inevitably three cubes. So whilst I and two others are taking care of the far left side I suddenly get attacked by a cube(s) from behind!

I keep quiet, decide to just go with the flow and mention through the chat box to at least warn us in future. Nothing more, nothing less. Surprisingly, we manage to get everything done without one single probe getting through. I write in chat box "well done, good come back" kinda thing.

Immediately I get abuse, probably from the the player who popped most of the cubes. This, despite the fact I and the others had to clean up the mess this fool contributed too. Inevitably I don't care about the cubes being popped nearly all at once. I don't care that an Elite mission which takes under ten minutes to complete with a good team nearly took 20-30 minutes. I wouldn't have even cared if 9 out 10 probes got through the gate... don't get me wrong, its annoying... but at the end of the day, what really irks me is the rudeness and lack of intelligence some of these so called Elite players show in game. Politeness, team work, etc... cost nothing.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Starfleet Veteran
# 1865 Rence repeat? Again.
04-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Just the same thing hashed over and over and over.

There I was...

CSN

I PUG in and say 'Hi' as usual.

No responce.

I fly right to cube one.

Nobody follows.

I kill the BOPs and start on the nodes.

I see there are four team ships but I can only see three.

All three are at the Kang.

I get clobbered by an plasma torp, just didn't hit the heals fast enough.

I respawn and see that there are still only three other ships, all at the Kang

I fly by the Kang and see that all three have Rainbow/Technicolor beams.

A forth ship now pugs in.

I get the first cube killed and see that the Kang is getting clobbered by BOPs and Raptors.

I fly in and kill them all.

I send the Kang a heal.

I fly to cube 2 and kill two raptors on the way.

One ship follows.

I kill three nodes for his one.

Suprise Suprise.

I check his accolade, 1900.

I kill the rest of the nodes while the other ship is following a raptor back to the Kang.

I kill the cube, 6 minutes left.

I fly back to the Kang and kill the Raptors and BOPs that have it surrounded.

I send the Kang a heal.

I fly to cube three and shoot a couple of BOPs that are headed to the Kang.

Nobody follows.

I start on the nodes and get them all killed.

I start on the Cube.

Nobody helps.

Cube dies with 15 seconds left.

I high tail it to the Kang which is being hit by the two Warships and get it hailed with about 5 seconds left.

I kill the two warships.

I type, 'Read the forums about how to do an STF, drop the damn Rainbow/Technicolor beams and go get some DPS!'

No responce.

I just watch as they try to kill the Carrier.

It takes several minutes so I step in and do it for them with my rear turrets.

So whats new, right?
Career Officer
# 1866
04-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81499 View Post
Just the same thing hashed over and over and over.

It takes several minutes so I step in and do it for them with my rear turrets.

So whats new, right?
from what I read it sounds as if you were doing everything oO
what were THEY doing???
Starfleet Veteran
# 1867
04-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
from what I read it sounds as if you were doing everything oO
what were THEY doing???
If your using technicolor/rainbow beams, your doing as little as you can short of not shooting at all.

Career Officer
# 1868 ISE Troll
04-01-2013, 10:35 PM
So I usually only PUG ISEs because it's the easiest to do with a team of incompetent people. Went into one, it was amazing. 2 tacs in Andorian ships, 2 tacs in bugs, and myself a tac in an assault cruiser. Went through that thing with almost 9 mins left on the optional. Flawless. But the karma gods were watching me and made me pay for it with a second horrible run.

Started off okay, but I noticed one guy, let's call him "troll", sitting at the gate shooting rainbows at it with both transformers intact. I team chatted to let him know politely he isn't able to hurt the gate. No response. I zoned the same thing, nothing. PM, nothing. By now someone else has prematurely blown a gen, lost the opt. No biggie. We clean up and go to the right. Troll is STILL sitting left popping shots at the gate. So I PM again and finally he responds with "Oh, I was just shooting it for fun. Thank you for your infinite wisdom, oh genious one!" >.> to which I say "do you actually want to complete this, or are you trolling?" And he says "troll? What is this? I suppose you could say I am". Great, I hate griefers.

So I tell him flat out "I won't waste your time. There's no point trolling me. Ill literally sit here for hours til you and everyone else leave match and ill SOLO this." He bails. Everyone else bails but one guy with fairly good DPS. We clear the swarm of nanites around the gen in around 10, and finally take it down. Then we slowly manage to dispatch gate and cube. 2 man win! I was doing about 5-6k dps, about double what the other guy was. But it sure helped a lot having him stay. I wish id friended him, I thanked him for staying.

Mind you this was in my "assimilated" style assault cruiser. Borg mk xii set, 6 fleet plasma beams, omega torp, cutting beam, console, rom +plasma shield consoles. I crank out about 5500-6k dps with it. So to all that say cruisers are useless, suck that! It was horrible but it was also pretty epic, and I got enjoyment out of trolling a troll for once!
__________________________________________________ ____________

Lt. Commander
# 1869
04-01-2013, 11:37 PM
The cruisers are far from useless...which can't be said about most of the players in them. I've seen a few cruisers in PuGs that made my jaw drop and think to myself "Really!?" And now with the Fleet Assault refit the things get better (for those who can build a proper one).

Lately, I find PuG-ing KASE to be the most difficult...or rather - annoying. The strategy "Frak the cube, I'll kill the transformer, nothing else matters" is spreading like a disease...and the lack of situational awareness in most of the players I meet. Like yesterday - I was playing the right probe guard and the bunch of the others were around the far left transformer and cube with no one on probe duty. I killed my cube, the probes on my side and went for those on the other side. One of the *orons came in and TBRed them out of my range (I had just activated CSV3, TS3, APB1, TT1 and EPtW3). And I had to chase them afterwards, because the player could hardly cope with two probes even though being in a Breen warship....a huge Picard facepalm it was....
Starfleet Veteran
# 1870
04-02-2013, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchaosbunnies View Post
So to all that say cruisers are useless, suck that! It was horrible but it was also pretty epic, and I got enjoyment out of trolling a troll for once!
Cruisers are far from useless if they are set up right. Unfortunatly many aren't. VERY MANY!

Every STF has at least one (lets just say SHIP) with little or no DPS, no heals, no shields, no nothing. Nothing but a little guy with buck teeth and a hoody behind a stained keyboard where he's heard saying, "O lukie mie shyne nue cruzor, hehehehe. I soore hapy I skippp mitle scool 2dey. hehehehehe"