Lt. Commander
# 1931
04-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
Yesterday started a Infected: Manus (Elite) when it loaded their was only 4 people. 1 person had a bunch injuries on his/her character. That same person started the optional objected countdown even after I said now we need to wait for 1 more. That person did not have a melee weapon and was only using 1 ranged weapon and did not remodulate the weapon when the Borg adapted. That person was the worst I had ever seen. Bunch of injuries then starting the timer with 1 person short and did not have reputation gear to fight the Borg or even a Frequency Remodulator. I just don't know what the heck that person was thinking to enter a Elite mission.

I don't know why but that mission seems to get the worst players entering it. So many times I have seen people enter it with a bunch of injuries and without any Regenerators to heal injuries.

Their have been so many times that people have entered Elite without decent gear. So many other times people have said this is my first time doing this mission and all I can think is what the hell are you doing here in a Elite mission when you had never played the mission before.

I wish people would stop being so stupid and entering Elite missions when they never played the mission before. I wish people would also wait till they have some decent gear before doing Elite missions and I wish people would heal their injuries before doing Elite missions.
They could be bots and hope to get gear/mark/items which is better in elite. They could just script it via macro and some other software.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
Career Officer
# 1932
04-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupaholic View Post
I've no issue with rainbows usually, but I have less patience for injuries.

I've just had my worst ISE run in my STO experience, not all of use performed admirably but one ship was just...well, let me show you (names edited out).

I hope it was a troll, because I don't want to believe players to this intentionally. Rainbows are not that great, but these are just terrible.
I'm with you on that one. Rainbow/skittle boats are annoying, but players flying ships with multiple injuries are infuriating. They blow up frequently, usually tend to do little to no damage and when anyone comments on their wreck of a ship they either ignore you or become defensive about it.

And though it may sound somewhat selfish, I don't usually bother healing them (when play sci) as seems a little pointless under such circumstances.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 04-09-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1933
04-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
I'm with you on that one. Rainbow/skittle boats are annoying, but players flying ships with multiple injuries are infuriating. They blow up frequently, usually tend to do little to no damage and when anyone comments on their wreck of a ship they either ignore you or become defensive about it.

And though it may sound somewhat selfish, I don't usually bother healing them (when play sci) as seems a little pointless under such circumstances.
I dont bother with them either. More often than not they have raced through the ranks all the way to vice admiral and have no idea what the game is about.

Example;

I saw a guy in zone chat once, a VA, who said, 'What are these mineral things for?'

I replied that they are used for Crafting on Memory Alpha and are useful for other things such as Childrens Toys.

He stated that he had no use for such things and they were plugging up his hold. He said he was going to discard them.

So I offered him 1000 EC for the lot.

He didn't understand how trading worked and I couldn't get him to follow my instructions so said he was discarding them. He was actually rude about the trade saying I didn't know what I was talking about and trading wasn't possible. He also said he had been with STO since STO first started.

His Accolade was under 500.

Those are the people you will generally have to deal with who enter an STF with a ton of injuries on their ships.

Last edited by jake81499; 04-09-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 1934
04-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81499 View Post
I replied that they are used for Crafting on Memory Alpha and are useful for other things such as Childrens Toys.
I think he took that comment a bit too literally on "Children's Toys" On that side note, getting a critical for those repeatable doff missions is definitely worth the materials used to make them.

But back on the topic of ESTFs in general: While I completely despise "skittle boats" and "trolls", I constantly remind myself that I was once just like that. The first Cure ESTF I did in pug (back in Season 5), I was the one screaming for others to help me/raging at others when they didn't help me with cubes. My ship was in no way optimal then, and I was barely hanging on with several major damages to my ship. The point is that, I didn't see myself as the noob/troll then. What I saw then were 3-4 chickens hanging around the Kang, leaving me to take out the 3 shipyard cubes.

Clearly, this is not how I play Cure Space or any other ESTFs today, but my point remains: There are just those who don't know any better. We were all noobs once. Instead of bashing others for doing the wrong things, help them out by pointing out what they should do as long as they're willing to listen.
Lt. Commander
# 1935
04-09-2013, 01:47 PM
The Cure (normal). For a start, only four of us turned up. One person left after we failed the optional (due to someone continually attacking the cubes and not the nanite probes). Eventually, the Kang got obliterated because I was the only one tracking back (this was back when I only had a Sovereign and was less savvy about the game than I am now). I'm glad to say, however, it's the only time I've been in an STF that's failed.
Lieutenant
# 1936 campers
04-09-2013, 02:08 PM
there has got to be something that you meaning cryptic can do about these lazy people who come in to stfs and mark events and do nothing while everyone else does the work, i went into an stf today ant there was 2 of them camping out and i hear now that it has spread to the pvp matches.if your not going to do anyhting about the campers at leasty take away penalty for leaving an stf because im not going to allow someone else to gain the fruits of my labors while they took a little vacation.
Lt. Commander
# 1937
04-09-2013, 02:54 PM
me, it happened today! on the hive elite space we had a very good team(pug) we did killed all cube quite fast ,and then there was these big ship the first one went down very fast, but when it came to take the second one down every thing went terribly badly, all player started to die one after the other, my self included lol we just could not take that second ship down probably a perfect bug ! so after a while, all the players started to get fed up with it and they left.
Career Officer
# 1938
04-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee22nd View Post
there has got to be something that you meaning cryptic can do about these lazy people who come in to stfs and mark events and do nothing while everyone else does the work, i went into an stf today ant there was 2 of them camping out and i hear now that it has spread to the pvp matches.if your not going to do anyhting about the campers at leasty take away penalty for leaving an stf because im not going to allow someone else to gain the fruits of my labors while they took a little vacation.
I'm with you on that one
I just go ahead and report the **** out of them. We need to black-list all of these types of players and get rid of the dead weight.
I know this would be unrelated to STFs but many of us have dead-weight in fleets as well. They just enter simply to show off that they are in a fleet, and then remain in-active for months on end. This is getting ridiculous.
Career Officer
# 1939
04-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwheeler View Post
me, it happened today! on the hive elite space we had a very good team(pug) we did killed all cube quite fast ,and then there was these big ship the first one went down very fast, but when it came to take the second one down every thing went terribly badly, all player started to die one after the other, my self included lol we just could not take that second ship down probably a perfect bug ! so after a while, all the players started to get fed up with it and they left.
oO ..... are you talking about Hive?? if so, you DO know you have to stay at least 9.99km away and split yourselves on either side to also shoot at the regeneration probes right?
Ensign
# 1940
04-09-2013, 03:48 PM
My worst experience was finishing Infected Elite and accidentally clicking the leave system button before I picked up my purple loot bag.

Also missed the rewards on Mine Trap the first time I ran it because the Leave planet button pops up BEFORE you get the reward.

I hope they change some of these things as game experience improvements. It's a bummer to complete a lengthy mission and not get your reward due to user error.