Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 211
04-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
With someone you know in the same team you can use him/her to break the stagnation of team chat easily by posting humorous subjects or just plain doing all the crucial team roles with your mates and everyone else would be filled with praise.

Having multiple persons with the right chemistry on the same map is also an automatic deterrence to the ones who came in just to be rude. After all you can demonstrate "cooperative engagement capability" not just on ships but on the chat box as well

The other side benefit is that with friends along for the elite PUG ride, you can create awesome videos (which also enhances team identity!).
Thats why when i blow up, i don't go "Dammit" (except on some occasions. I say stuff like, "Kaboombafoo", or "I fall down and go BOOM!!!!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 212
04-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91
Thats why when i blow up, i don't go "Dammit" (except on some occasions. I say stuff like, "Kaboombafoo", or "I fall down and go BOOM!!!!"
I was devouring spheres then I took an invisible plasma torpedo to the knee :3
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 213
04-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
I was devouring spheres then I took an invisible plasma torpedo to the knee :3
If anyone is listening... I simply say that "the Borg set plasma cannons too burn my bum mode."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 214
04-28-2012, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkincrow
Lately I was having great success in PUG. Great communication, teamwork, and people actually complimenting each other

Well until today. Two terrible experiences that make me wonder why I play this game when everything is a lottery anyways. I really wish there was more solo play that offered some kind of worth while rewards.

CGE I'll keep it short
1 Klingon player, 2 fleet mates, 1 girl ( I assume), and myself. Waiting in lobby for shield to come down, no one is saying anything. Shield drops, 1 fleet player starts typing "USE OMEGA" over and over in chat. I have no intention of changing my maco set, especially when he is being rude and said nothing during the wait to start. The girl player explains she doesn't has an omega set. We kill first set of Borg. The 2 fleet mates are still at start and refusing to continue, they than come on speaker and start shouting "USE OMEGA" over and over. Klink player leaves. I am about too leave also, but figure why should I take a 1 hour penalty. I go ahead and start the timer. For the rest of the way the 2 fleet mates bring up the rear while me and the girl take all the punishment.

So with only 4 we miss the option and finally get to Armek. Just as we start the Klingon player returns, disconnected I assume. The 4 of us quickly finish off Armek and for some reason the Klingon player starts using obscenities and calling us all noobs. Even though he was absent the whole time and now will get some free loot. The girl was the only reason I stayed, she was communicating and taking everything in stride with a good sense of humor. So hat's off to her, I was in a far worst mood.

KASE
1 player telling everyone what to do, 2nd player telling everyone what he is going to do, 3rd player in a shuttle.
The player in the shuttle refuses to leave. I end up on right side helping with cubes and taking care of probes.
Player 1 is mad at me because he wanted to handle right probes. I didn't want to handle the probes, it defaulted to me because everyone else flew away and he is on the left side, so I have no idea why he is mad. Everyone is bickering back and forth, I just keep my mouth shut and continue to blast away. Player 1 ends up leaving. So 3 of us and a shuttle have to finish the mission. It was painful, but still pushed through and came close on the option.

Only good thing I can say is that I found allot of new people to add to my ignore list...
the fact of the matter is, aside from the rifle, the sets are all practically the same, the only real difference is that the Omega has an innate stealth module power, while the MACO has a reusable shield battery. And the Omega rifle is one of the worst weapons to use in an STF. Whoever these people were, they must have been clearly misinformed or else they were griefing, next time you get something like that, report them for spamming and leave.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 215
04-29-2012, 12:44 AM
I followed some advices from this thread.
I made my private ISE.
I with 2 friends. And 2 players joined us. We were 2 Tacs, (one is my friend), 2 eng ( I and friend) and scientist. In the chat before running private ISE. I said. First the cube and sphere. We go to the left. We follow the 10% rules. Everyone is ok about about? Type "r". Everyone typed "r". We started. When time is came to follow the 10% rules. As usually Tac was like a fly shoting our own gen except one. I stopped at 10% but he still shoot. Gen blew up. The scientist had not enough dps. And we came in the hell with spheres. I and 2 friends we work together to make clean the place. We all shoot the transformer. For the right side I explained the 10% rules. But I didn't know the scientist had really low dps. When 3 player shot the gen. He was still shoting on his own. We helped him but too late. Finally this no patient Tac left. The low dps scientist left. And we left because at 23% the Tac cube 100%over suddenly.
What I conclude.
Do not play private stf with unknown people.
I definitivly stopped playing stf. I give up. I fed up with afker, saboteur, Tac who are not able to teamwork, people who don't use chat to teamwork. Life is short. Waste 1 hour or more due weird people. No thanks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 216
04-29-2012, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyfawn View Post
I followed some advices from this thread.
I made my private ISE.
I with 2 friends. And 2 players joined us. We were 2 Tacs, (one is my friend), 2 eng ( I and friend) and scientist. In the chat before running private ISE. I said. First the cube and sphere. We go to the left. We follow the 10% rules. Everyone is ok about about? Type "r". Everyone typed "r". We started. When time is came to follow the 10% rules. As usually Tac was like a fly shoting our own gen except one. I stopped at 10% but he still shoot. Gen blew up. The scientist had not enough dps. And we came in the hell with spheres. I and 2 friends we work together to make clean the place. We all shoot the transformer. For the right side I explained the 10% rules. But I didn't know the scientist had really low dps. When 3 player shot the gen. He was still shoting on his own. We helped him but too late. Finally this no patient Tac left. The low dps scientist left. And we left because at 23% the Tac cube 100%over suddenly.
What I conclude.
Do not play private stf with unknown people.
I definitivly stopped playing stf. I give up. I fed up with afker, saboteur, Tac who are not able to teamwork, people who don't use chat to teamwork. Life is short. Waste 1 hour or more due weird people. No thanks.
I am sorry your experiences haven't been as fruitful as others. I would advise taking a bit of a break, make some friends and take them to Carmenara's training academy before trying again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 217
04-29-2012, 02:04 AM
Yes it's kind of funny @clift @inputend and other forumers I hang out with get all the best PUG experiences each day (we usually run on EST primetimes I believe) while @feistyfawn gets all the worst! Strange.

If you're running elite level I'd recommend EliteSTF channel - they have many experienced players there, hundreds of them at once in fact, who would happily team up with you and provide quite professional support for your missions.

Elite missions KASE and ISE are doable with non Mark 12 ships with a good team (which is almost 90% guaranteed with EliteSTF channel players), it's only Cure that requires max DPS escort builds.

Just keep your invites short and sweet, it's a 100% "Press X for invite" channel, not a chat venue.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 218
04-29-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Yes it's kind of funny @clift @inputend and other forumers I hang out with get all the best PUG experiences each day (we usually run on EST primetimes I believe) while @feistyfawn gets all the worst! Strange.
I though I got the worst. LOL

It seems like every other PuG I join has nothing but oddys with rainbow technicolor beams and dreadnaughts with skittles cannons. There's often at least 1 shuttle buzzing around doing no or less damage. And there's almost ALWAYS at least one fence setter 75k off in the distance.

Anyhow, The EliteSTF is a good way to go but with all the advertisement of the channel going on they have gotten an unfair share of noobes. Watch their chat screen and you'll see it. Lucky for that and many other Elite channels the Instant Admirals haven't figured out how to add chat channels yet. EliteSTF used to be an inviite only channel. Not anymore....

Darn it... I don't have a bad mission to share. The last couple haven't been TOO bad. (Yes, I am disappointed.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 219
04-29-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake81499 View Post
I though I got the worst. LOL
Play STF as Klingon seems little bit more interesting than to be fed. And it's interesting to be a rude klingon. Play STF without talking with anyone. Do what you have to do and leave it when it becomes worst. People thinks that my klingon is "instant admiral" and I put them in my ignore list when they told me noob. I ignore people because when STF is done I come back to klingon side. That sounds not bad. I like it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 220
04-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Well... played cure ground elite.

Guy leaves before first turret, luckily we get another player joined instantly (This guy had Mark XII maco, with the alt appearance due to having all elite optionals. Instant trust from me due to experiance).

Two of the tacs kept dying often and quickly, never appeared to heal their injuries. Get to first gate, couldn't even get past it. one time we got lucky and third transmitter activated, but they didn't kill worker drones and the thing reset.

Eventually me and the MACO guy just left.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:10 PM.