Career Officer
# 2261
06-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post
*is amazed*

I have never heard of such a quick ragequit. And on SBI! Most ground ragequits happen in IGN and IGE!

Also, I am proud to say that my ship has a fail setup and I have not instilled any ragequits!
Well, good luck to said idiot so far as I am concerned - definitely not a team player and he must spend a LOT of time rage-quitting if he'll bail on a mission, before it had even started, just because the team didn't do what he wanted them to do. And to be honest, whilst said instance was far from outstanding, we did okay without him - but that probably applies to most Captain Kirk wannabes.

Thankfully, the moron put me on ignore so hopefully won't encounter him again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Career Officer
# 2262
06-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Not worst but comes close:

Two people were hugging the CE and kept eating the shards. This guy who I caplock about, died dozens of times, he's the only one of my team that did repair tho...

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/5494/axqx.jpg
-----------------------------------------sig-----------------------------------------
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
Career Officer
# 2263
06-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guilli88 View Post

Two people were hugging the CE and kept eating the shards. This guy who I caplock about, died dozens of times, he's the only one of my team that did repair tho...

Wow - the very definition of Epic Fail; always discouraging to see players flying around with THAT much damage!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Ensign
# 2264
06-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:

Reminds me of a CE I ran recently where the entity managed to get around 200-250 of the recrystalization buff, giving it a 400-500% damage bonus. The second you got in range/decloaked you would be at 50% hull. Everyone left that CE with broken ships.

In the end I actually flew close to the damn thing on purpose in hopes that my ship explosion would cause some damage since I didn't have much time to do so with my weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 2265
06-25-2013, 10:44 AM
I just left a ISE that turned hopeless fast.

Someone decided to blow up a generator before the others were even close to half, then the %^$@# decided to go off to the side and watch.

Then another person refused to even try to help, deciding instead to say, 'you guys are gonna fail, it's pointless to even try'.

I quit when it seemed the other two's strategy was 'die valiantly.'

Funny thing was, the first two guys were Roms and the latter two were feds.
Captain
# 2266
06-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Reminds me of a CE I ran recently where the entity managed to get around 200-250 of the recrystalization buff, giving it a 400-500% damage bonus.
That's why I never enter the CE without a Tachyon Beam anymore. Just a single player with TB or using a single, rare Delta Flyer Hangar can keep the stacks close to 0, even if there are idiots around who deliberately try to sabotage.
Captain
# 2267
06-25-2013, 02:09 PM
ISE:

its not the worst again, not even a failed opt, but I dont rly have better ones, but as many read these to learn what not to do, might be helpful somehow O.o

so the game goes fairly well with the first transformer gun. I fixed an issue with autotargeting my pets, I am quite happy. the spheres die a bit slow tho. none the less, last dies, I am kinda low on health, as for the last 2 mins the gate was trying to kill me, while I hunted two spheres clipped into it. I see, that a star cruiser is already pounding on one of the gens, while the cube is up. fortunately I knew we had time, as he was shooting rainbow DBBs, and no good comes out of that from a star cruiser (srsly, you rarely see those)

so I decide, to basically bounce the cube's heavy torps back at him, to help the thing go down faster. the problem is, as I mentioned, I was low on health to begin with, from a two minute fight with the gate. well, no other option, I go in, fortunately the cube crits, its down to low pct, and I can hit ramming speed, before the plasma burn kills me, bringing it down with me. at this point, star cruiser finishes, I spawn, and go back, start working on the rest.

the team had decent dps (well, all had 3k dps in the end, so not decent, but I was lucky to not have any more baddies ), and by the time I got there, only 1 gen was 100, and the other 50. someone got a grav well out, I doubt it helped, but in the end, we did manage to keep the opt, and win the game.

I wrote on the guy after the match, but he didnt respond, so I will never know if he was a troll, or just bad

on the plus side, I got a rly good parse for my aux dhc vesta
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Captain
# 2268
06-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Quote:

That's just pathetic, why people don't stock up on repair parts is beyond me.

Mirror NX, you know you want it
Captain
# 2269
06-26-2013, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven2378 View Post
That's just pathetic, why people don't stock up on repair parts is beyond me.
Sometimes it happens by accident. If a player is use to playing ground missions, such as myself, the majority of the items she or he will have are regens. I have been pulled into elite space stfs spontaneously. I do not always pay attention. When I do enter an elite space mission unprepared, I know well enough to keep my distance from enemy npcs. If you know how an stf mission works, you can work through them with light resources. Its just a matter of experience.
Captain
# 2270
06-26-2013, 02:09 AM
I always tend to maintain a good stock of 20 of each repair part, you never know when you need them.

Mirror NX, you know you want it