Lt. Commander
# 2411
08-10-2013, 05:01 PM
I'm in a constant facepalm pose these last two days. I won't go into details, but there is a group of inept captains one after another. The carrier carries fighters, not people, who obviously can't even begin to understand how the things work, nor do they try.
I really need to stop pug-ing.

Oh, and I just LOVE players from fleets that contain in their names the word "Elite".
Captain
# 2412
08-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanailofhwbg View Post
I'm in a constant facepalm pose these last two days. I won't go into details, but there is a group of inept captains one after another. The carrier carries fighters, not people, who obviously can't even begin to understand how the things work, nor do they try.

Oh, and I just LOVE players from fleets that contain in their names the word "Elite".
Names mean nothing...my main ship is named Invincible. And it's not.
Captain
# 2413
08-10-2013, 07:33 PM
More bad experiences with people from the fleet can't name entering elite ground missions and trolling them making it hard on people.
Captain
# 2414
08-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Had 1 pretty bad Infected run today.My torpedo-T'varo out-DPSed the whole lot of them ... combined ... by a factor of 2-3.

Biggest facepalm is when they blew up the 2nd cube seconds after the 1st. No point calling out 10% rule ... DPS was abysmal even though I bought them extra time from Nanite Spheres via GW, science spams. Had to basically do it all myself.

It is all over now ... and I can put it behind me.
Career Officer
# 2415
08-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanailofhwbg View Post

Agreed - many of the players who belong to 'Elite ........ Fleet" should really rename their fleets to something more appropriate.

Elite Explode Fleet
Elite Epic Fail Fleet

Or perhaps Elite Respawn Fleet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Lt. Commander
# 2416
08-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Just did a PUG of Khitomer Vortex Elite. It was ridiculous. 2 probes got through in the beginning, it was not a good sign. One person left.

Near the end, I destroyed one gate, then I went to destroy the other. I was the only one to destroy the second gate and during that time there were 3 other players
"dealing with probes". They let 5 probes through while I was the only one taking down the last gate.

Eventually I left because I knew they couldn't handle Donatra.
Commander
# 2417
08-12-2013, 09:48 AM
You bring it upon yourself frankly if you use PuGs. Be smart, be organised.

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
Captain
# 2418
08-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artfulmerkage View Post
That is a useless suggestion for anyone who doesn't have a large fleet, doesn't know enough people who are online at the same time, and has no interest in turning his gaming time into a "meet and greet" to sift out the children and trolls.
Career Officer
# 2419
08-12-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artfulmerkage View Post
Agree with the previous post to this - not an entirely helpful suggestion. For every one mediocre PuG STF there is a good one around the corner; for every bad PuG there is a good one waiting. Bad PuG experiences happen, but they're not a given and I've had some absolutely superb PuG experiences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Commander
# 2420
08-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
That is a useless suggestion for anyone who doesn't have a large fleet, doesn't know enough people who are online at the same time, and has no interest in turning his gaming time into a "meet and greet" to sift out the children and trolls.
You don't need to be in a fleet or have a cohort of friends. There are channels for the arrangement of events of STF missions. A little research is all it takes.

Since returning to STO and running entirely with premade STF groups I haven't failed a single optional let alone messed up a run. Good PuGs exist - but why chance an instance of babysitting?

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran