Empire Veteran
# 2431
08-18-2013, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajalen View Post
imho have game 2 problems which results in this interesting thread ....

1) no "sticky" , easy findable guilde how to play STF missions , sometimes , at space mission even lame guy like i find solution (when is team full of rookies like me) , like stay near queen (nasty lance) , destroy generator first etc ....but ground ? i join mission with 2 guys , one with full HG , second in Omega and both looks like dont know what do in this mission like me (first time played) = disaster ....
2) easy squad commands like "fire at..." , "hold" etc ....
People still do ground?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Career Officer
# 2432
08-18-2013, 05:21 AM
Again, not technically an STF but nonetheless....

It would seem that FAR too many players have adopted the 'leave when the boss dreadnought appears in Fleet Alert. Haven't played a SINGLE instance in the past three or four days where at least one play hasn't bailed when the dreadnought arrived.

Something needs to be done to discourage this; certainly doesn't help the killing the dreadnought awards such a miserable number of reward points which is why half these idiots bail in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Captain
# 2433
08-18-2013, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post

It would seem that FAR too many players have adopted the 'leave when the boss dreadnought appears in Fleet Alert. Haven't played a SINGLE instance in the past three or four days where at least one play hasn't bailed when the dreadnought arrived.

Something needs to be done to discourage this; certainly doesn't help the killing the dreadnought awards such a miserable number of reward points which is why half these idiots bail in the first place.
it is actually quite smart to bail, since you can do the mission endlessly that way. and since the last grp is only orth 5 fleetmarks it is no big deal.
farming FM solo has never been more efficent than this way. 45+ FM every 6-7 minutes. nearly 500 FM in an hour, think about it.

and quite frankly an above average player can take on the siege grp alone successfully.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 08-18-2013 at 06:09 AM.
Captain
# 2434
08-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post

Same problem or issue in mirror events.

They should just expand the leaver penalty onto all queue events and no one would be bailing anymore.

I really don't get it, why they're only covering a few, select queue events with the penalty...
Captain
# 2435
08-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post

They should just expand the leaver penalty onto all queue events and no one would be bailing anymore.

I really don't get it, why they're only covering a few, select queue events with the penalty...
And then we would get more leechers with them knowing that if they leech people won't bail because if they do bail they will get a penalty.
Captain
# 2436
08-18-2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
Its not a issue, Mirror event is for XP farming ... I stick around after only because those ships pay as well or would leave as well.

I had to do a Mirror Event because I run out of expertise on a Romulan, if you are there for Dilithium Farming then other players are there for XP farming ... if its a problem for you to not being able to chain then then its a problem to us not to be able to chain them, its only a question of completion as you (Dilithium Farmer) need as other (XP farmers) dont.
Former Star Trek Online Player
Captain
# 2437
08-18-2013, 10:30 PM
I wasn't aware you even got banned for finishing Mirror. I don't remember this back when levelling my K-Roms...
Empire Veteran
# 2438
08-19-2013, 02:12 AM
The worst STFs are the ones that fail

The best are the ones that succeed.

I think the worst STF was from a simple Borg alert.

Warped in with everyone else to face an area of space filled with hundreds of borg cubes that all where coming toward the spawn point. And even though they all where rated 0 difference in levels they all did damage way beyond what any of us could take.

Second worst was another borg alert where when everyone warped in they got to watch as a bunch of tholians battled borg ships. And the tholians won.....then those high level tholian ships rated at +40...and I was a level 50 player....came over and just took us all out...after everyone was dead the instance literally just dumped everyone back into the regular game space.

Those two encounters where both the worst and possibly the weirdest STFs to be in.
Captain
# 2439
08-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Its not a issue, Mirror event is for XP farming ... I stick around after only because those ships pay as well or would leave as well.

I had to do a Mirror Event because I run out of expertise on a Romulan, if you are there for Dilithium Farming then other players are there for XP farming ... if its a problem for you to not being able to chain then then its a problem to us not to be able to chain them, its only a question of completion as you (Dilithium Farmer) need as other (XP farmers) dont.
And still: there is no reason why you shouldn't get a penalty for leaving mirror event before the Stadi is dead, yet you do get one when you leave before Donatra is down.

With leaving early you're dragging it out or are even making it impossible for people to finish and reach their goals. Simply for selfish reasons. Therefore you should get your teeth kicked in, your nails pulled out and have your cat get set on fire - as every afk-leecher out there should, too - or at least suffer a leavers penalty like anyone who quits an STF.
Captain
# 2440
08-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychickitty View Post
The worst STFs are the ones that fail

The best are the ones that succeed.

I think the worst STF was from a simple Borg alert.

Warped in with everyone else to face an area of space filled with hundreds of borg cubes that all where coming toward the spawn point. And even though they all where rated 0 difference in levels they all did damage way beyond what any of us could take.

Second worst was another borg alert where when everyone warped in they got to watch as a bunch of tholians battled borg ships. And the tholians won.....then those high level tholian ships rated at +40...and I was a level 50 player....came over and just took us all out...after everyone was dead the instance literally just dumped everyone back into the regular game space.

Those two encounters where both the worst and possibly the weirdest STFs to be in.
lol.. That was the daily Tholian red alert in the Tau Dewa sector. Your suppose to kill 5 support groups of Tholians then the 2 Capital ships.