Captain
# 2531
10-18-2013, 08:04 AM
HSE is broken, and I don't see it being fixed any time soon.

But it makes for funny stories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Career Officer
# 2532
10-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:

Certainly does! Especially when you wind up with at least one person in the team who doesn't learn from their mistake(s)!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Captain
# 2533
10-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Certainly does! Especially when you wind up with at least one person in the team who doesn't learn from their mistake(s)!
I read the story of someone a month or so ago who went into HSE after its 'fix'. They had a fleet Galaxy, tankiest ship of them all. They find out it's still broken, and after taking a unimatrix lance, limp off with 1% hull to bail from the broken mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Ensign
# 2534
10-18-2013, 11:39 AM
Humm paying for a Lifetime Sub, Taking a small break coming back to find a Full PWipe and the Games F2P - With 0 bonus for us suckers that paid for Lifetime Subs.
Survivor of Remus
# 2535
10-18-2013, 12:26 PM
My buddy and I went into a pug KASE in order to play Probe Football where you use various powers to push probes from the gates through the vortex as fast as possible. The person who pushes 6 or more probes through first wins.

Some guy must have played before, because he decided to play goalie and was really good, we weren't even able to get a single probe through cause he killed them all.
Survivor of Remus
# 2536
10-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Also, maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never found HSE to be broken. People don't seem to understand the instructions though.

You are never supposed to live through the lance, you are supposed to go where it can't shoot you.
Captain
# 2537
10-18-2013, 01:15 PM
I feel fortunate to never have run into really bad STFs. Failed optionals? So ****ing what? I just queue up again and get more dil and loot. Bad Borg invasions where everybody just blasts random ****, no coordination, are more common. Fortunately I've gotten good enough with my Fleet Avenger I can carry a group with three Mirandas if they pay attention to their chat window.

Instead, leecher in Azure Nebula Rescue. Asshat just sat at the spawn point the whole match Needing everything.

I yelled at him twice to start moving, then told everyone to report him, sent mine in, and went back to blasting things. Another guy on the team mentioned later he was a repeat offender.

Hey, here's a penalty for leechers: If you spend more than half the mission doing nothing but needing things, the other players' IFF recategorizes you as a hostile target, but yours still thinks they're friendlies.
Capt. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Career Officer
# 2538
10-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by originpi View Post
Also, maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never found HSE to be broken. People don't seem to understand the instructions though.

You are never supposed to live through the lance, you are supposed to go where it can't shoot you.
You haven't read the preceeding posts. In the bugged instances there isn't anywhere it can't shoot at you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Survivor of Remus
# 2539
10-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
You haven't read the preceeding posts. In the bugged instances there isn't anywhere it can't shoot at you.
I did read the preceeding posts. I've never even seen someone get lanced when they are in position. Honestly, I think 95% of people who complain just ignore/misunderstand the instructions and blame it on bugs.
Captain
# 2540
10-19-2013, 12:30 AM
Quote:

I just ran an HSE that went well. Optional and all. Maybe it got fixed in a recent patch?
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===