Lieutenant
# 2701
01-17-2014, 07:45 PM
We do have a community of players who can best be described as complete #####. I generally play for fun not to be insulted or trolled.

DPS is the easy route in a lot to games as the tactics are generally simpler - hit hard hit fast. The other options require you to rely not on your weapon power but your abilities which can be more of a challenge.

I have even been in a instance where a player entered, saw he was playing with four Science Captain Vesta classes, gave us a tirade of abuse and left before the countdown ended.

Last edited by mikoto123a; 01-17-2014 at 08:07 PM.
Captain
# 2702
01-19-2014, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoto123a View Post
We do have a community of players who can best be described as complete #####. I generally play for fun not to be insulted or trolled.

DPS is the easy route in a lot to games as the tactics are generally simpler - hit hard hit fast. The other options require you to rely not on your weapon power but your abilities which can be more of a challenge.

I have even been in a instance where a player entered, saw he was playing with four Science Captain Vesta classes, gave us a tirade of abuse and left before the countdown ended.
Actually, one of the hardest hitting builds for scivessels does require only 1 weapon power, but that aside I had a similar encounter in kase a few months ago.
4 Sci, with 3 sci vessels and a cruiser, and 1 tacitician in a kumari, who lamented that it would be very hard to do kase with 4 sci. Well, we ended optional with 8minutes on the clock and he was only fourth in combatlog (and he was on my side).

Another encounter was in cse, were someone told me that -we had the same ship- he would naturally do more dps as he is a tac, i am only a sci. But theory and reality are two different things.

And i even was in one group with 5 eng on 5 cruisers (myself a ody), were one player simply left at the beginning, stating that ISE would be impossible to do with 5 eng-cruisers.
Of course we were able to complete it (that was in season 6 btw.).

Well, some ppl just have very...interesting thoughts about classes and ships and completly forget that this game isnt pay2win, since a bad player still remains a bad player even with the shiniest gear.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS
Captain
# 2703
01-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Without fail, all my very bad STF experiences seem to be self inflicted. By this I mean I have done something which reduces the effectiveness of my own ship to the point where I am worse than useless. I don't get aggravated at someone else's dumb moves (usually) half as much as I get at my own (nearly always). And I have pulled some professional grade idiocy over the years.

But every now and again, the gaming gods look with favor and an amused pity upon me and I get away with something I shouldn't. Like a Sci in a Mogh playing ISE. Pulling and holding aggro over a Scimi. And a 'Venger.
The only 'must have' gear for any ship is a competent Captain.

HAIL (Disco) BA'AL!
Lieutenant
# 2704
01-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwhity View Post
Well, some ppl just have very...interesting thoughts about classes and ships and completly forget that this game isnt pay2win, since a bad player still remains a bad player even with the shiniest gear.
I find it funny that in PVE some players do forget that we are supposed to work as a team and rely on the shiny gear rather than teamwork.

I like PUGs as it adds a random factor to the instance as you never know who is going to be in your team but it means you are at risk of a failed instance.

One funny case happened where a tactical captain in the cure said he would babysit the Kang we went to the right cube he then zoomed off, popped probes on the other cubes ignoring the BoP and Raptor spawns. By the time we noticed the optional was blown and Captain Tact went AFK
Lt. Commander
# 2705
01-19-2014, 05:53 PM
I'm starting to think that tonight is The Night of the F***tards.

After a series of ESTFs featuring failed optionals and me getting blown up, I went into KSE in my Avenger. I was accompanied by a Sovereign, two Obelisks, and a Vor'Kang. After the Tactical Cube went down, the Sovereign and I went right while the rest went left. About 2 minutes in, I noticed that we already failed the optional due to two probes getting through. It was right about this time that the Sovereign bailed. Then I noticed that 2 more probes got through. I looked over at the left side and noticed that the three ships over there were concentrating on a cube that spawned over the transformer furthest away from the gate. I also noticed that those three ships had been blown away multiple times. I sent a chat asking who was watching the probes on the left side. I then saw an Obelisk and the Vor'Kang speeding towards the gate as two MORE probes got through.

We were then joined by a guy in an Intrepid, who immediately joined my side. By the time the Intrepid and I got our first transformer down, we had 9 probes get through, with one making it's merry way to the gate. The guys on the left were either fighting their second cube or waiting to respawn. I rushed to get to the probe in a futile attempt to kill it before it could escape. Futile being the the key word, since it got through anyways, causing us to fail the mission; something which I hadn't personally experienced in KSE in almost a year!

I left a message saying "That's why we watch probes," fought off some probes that were shooting at the Intrepid, and left. Afterwards, I stepped away from the game so I could calm down and fight the urge to high-five someone in the face with my fist.

Yeah, I know it's counterproductive to feel that way. Hence the calming down process.

Last edited by djxprime; 01-19-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Career Officer
# 2706
01-20-2014, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxprime View Post

After a series of ESTFs featuring failed optionals and me getting blown up, I went into KSE in my Avenger. I was accompanied by a Sovereign, two Obelisks, and a Vor'Kang. After the Tactical Cube went down, the Sovereign and I went right while the rest went left. About 2 minutes in, I noticed that we already failed the optional due to two probes getting through. It was right about this time that the Sovereign bailed. Then I noticed that 2 more probes got through. I looked over at the left side and noticed that the three ships over there were concentrating on a cube that spawned over the transformer furthest away from the gate. I also noticed that those three ships had been blown away multiple times. I sent a chat asking who was watching the probes on the left side. I then saw an Obelisk and the Vor'Kang speeding towards the gate as two MORE probes got through.

We were then joined by a guy in an Intrepid, who immediately joined my side. By the time the Intrepid and I got our first transformer down, we had 9 probes get through, with one making it's merry way to the gate. The guys on the left were either fighting their second cube or waiting to respawn. I rushed to get to the probe in a futile attempt to kill it before it could escape. Futile being the the key word, since it got through anyways, causing us to fail the mission; something which I hadn't personally experienced in KSE in almost a year!

I left a message saying "That's why we watch probes," fought off some probes that were shooting at the Intrepid, and left. Afterwards, I stepped away from the game so I could calm down and fight the urge to high-five someone in the face with my fist.

Yeah, I know it's counterproductive to feel that way. Hence the calming down process.
Nope - it's obviously contagious. Some really crappy teams out there at the moment - whilst not an STF, played storming the spire earlier with a team that spent most of the mission dead. End result was something stupid like 290/95 troop count in favour of the Voth, and only 20 shuttles killed. Awful.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 01-20-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Career Officer
# 2707
01-20-2014, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxprime View Post

I think you're right.

Just bailed on one of the worst 'teams' I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. They were a toxic combination of incompetent and clueless.

Almost as soon as the first cube popped the 'team' flew left, completely ignored the left cube and started shooting the generators. I request that we concentrate on the cube first. No response - they kill the generators and start shooting at the transformer. All whilst the cube is still sat there above it. Needless to say, spheres start appearing and the 'team' fly around being useless. Took a deep breath and killed the cube.

I again ask them to concentrate on the cube first. No response.

Sadly a repeat of what occurred on the left side happens on the right, and another complete mess ensues.

The worst thing was that there was at least one player there, in an Ar'kif, who was doing pretty good DPS. However, his cluelessness meant that his decent DPS was being wasted popping generators too early and subsequently getting killed by spheres.

By this point I'd had enough and, despite the fact that this 'team' evidentially lacked the intelligence to read, requested that they play Infected Space on NORMAL next time, to get some idea of what is supposed to happen. Then gladly took the penalty and left that 'team' to what was undoubtedly a very long mission.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 2708
01-20-2014, 05:38 PM
So we have enough stories of bad experiences, how about a good one. (at least a bad one gone good?)

Be on my fleet Mogh beamboat engy, Cure Space elite.

Start to run it RML as usual, someone leaves immediately, not sure if quit or crashed

At thats left are me, a bortas, a hafeh tac, and a bop.

The bop in the instance says "This isnt going to end well"

Proceed to knock out right side, and then bail out that little bop who was struggling to guard

Start to work on middle, GLORIOUS BATTLE COMMENCES as double spawns and double duty overwhelm the Mogh but it carries forth.

Blam middle goes down, clear the lanes again

BAM goes the left, BAM goes the carrier

8 minutes left on optional.

QAPLA
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Rihannsu
# 2709
01-20-2014, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
So we have enough stories of bad experiences, how about a good one. (at least a bad one gone good?)

Be on my fleet Mogh beamboat engy, Cure Space elite.

Start to run it RML as usual, someone leaves immediately, not sure if quit or crashed

At thats left are me, a bortas, a hafeh tac, and a bop.

The bop in the instance says "This isnt going to end well"

Proceed to knock out right side, and then bail out that little bop who was struggling to guard

Start to work on middle, GLORIOUS BATTLE COMMENCES as double spawns and double duty overwhelm the Mogh but it carries forth.

Blam middle goes down, clear the lanes again

BAM goes the left, BAM goes the carrier

8 minutes left on optional.

QAPLA
Mmm... now that is a tale worthy of being repeated of a mug of bloodwine!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 2710
01-21-2014, 03:28 AM
Ugh, had a rough run in KASE last night.

First got in and killed the tac-cube just fine.
After the cube goes boom, someone left the team, never to return. We got a replacement though. Unfortunately it was a fleetless mate (i usually assume these players have less experience/equipment, which may not necessarily be the case).
Two people head to the left, three to the right (including me). I start kliing the right most generators, the cube spawns, it goes boom. After that i spot my partners having trouble with their cube and fly over to help them. Killed the probes that spawned and the second cube and noticed that the optional was gone. The two lefties were just working on the leftmost cube and none of them had taken care of their sides probes.
I asked them in the team chat to please guard their side, no response. Hoping they actually read what i wrote i continued clearing the generators and tranformers on the right side of the map. My two compadres weren't very helpfull, cause they constantly felt the need to taunt the gate, which mostly resulted in their swift and -hopefully- painless death.
After a few seconds i noticed the probe counter go up again.
The left side was still struggling with their cube, meaning they where killed over and over by it. So i decided to clear the probes on both sides and do some sidework (clearing their cube, the rest of the generators/transformers). This whole endeavour was turning into a real nuisance. After a few more succesful attempts at dying by imploding their ships, the two guy on the left decided to abandon their side completely and help the others out with the gate on the right. Upstanding members of the team i tell you.
Meanwhile i am sprinting from one side to the other killing probes, the odd cube and transformer and helping them with the gate.
When the right side finally came down i was a bit relieved. Now everything was going a lot faster, though i felt a bit aggravated by the lack of "competence" the other players showed. So after the second gate went down i just sat there watching my team struggle to kill donatra. I really needed a break for a few minutes. They got her to 99% i believe, before her regen healed her up again.
I only finished the fight for them because autofire was on and donatra decloaked directly in front of me so i immediatly got her attention.

I really wish some players would either be more conscience about their performance or care enough not to do an elite stf they know is too difficult for them.
But hey, that's what you got to expect when one is joining a pug match, right?